Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the men are sorted from the boys, and we're comfronting the final what has your impression been of YOUR country in this turbulent WC? :cool:

Being a swede I'm very satisfied with what Sweden accomplished.
They prove that a teams strength CAN be more important than individual skill by winning the Group of Death :skull:

The win against Nigeria was special, the draw against Argentina magic :star::proud:

IMO Sweden did a solid performance and proved some "experts" wrong and we have nothing to be ashamed :)

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
im happy n satisfied with englandz performance im amazed we scored against brazil but the free kicl waz pure fluke

·
Registered
47,348 Posts
I can be happy just with 20 minutes of the match Italy-Ecuador, then Trap built the blockhouse... cause Ecuador was really dreadful :groan:

Against Croatia Italy showed all their limits, we were lucky cause Vieri scored the 1-0, then as usual Trap built the blockhouse, but he forgot the drawbridge and Croatia scored twice.

Mexico gave us a lesson of football, but we scored in the last 5 minutes and we gained the 2nd round.

Against Korea Italy scored and could easily score another goal (in my opinion) if DP was not substituted by a defensive midfield.... the usual stupid strategic move of an old idiot.
Two goals scored by Korea and Italy went home.

Disappointing.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Just two words......

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
To be a Chinese, it's already a great happiness that watch our National Team play in WC final.

I'm only fell disappoint to the game with Costa Rica, our lads was too nervous at that time.

Although we lost 7 goal to Brazil and Turkey, but considering both of them crashed into semi-final, it's not too bad.:D

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I'm also very satisfied with my country's performance. We played great against Uruguray, Senegal also great, but only in the first half and finally we beat the European and World champions from France. Then England came up. If Thomas Sørensen hadn't made that awfull mistake in the 4th minute I think them atch would have been different, but heck nothing is to do about that now.

Yeah I would say I'm quite satisfied ;).

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
when lili is happy with France, than I am very disappointed with Turkey. :D
lets change our teams?

G

·
no problemo esperar:)
i just keep,
zidane
thuram
henry
cissé
lizarazu
candela
desailly
trézéguet
wiltord
vieira

i exchange the rest of the french squad with :

rüstü
emre
the one with the funny hair (sorry i don't remember his name)
basturk
assan sas

voilà, it's a good deal, believe me:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
WIth the United States' preformance? Thrilled.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
My Team didnt even make it ;) So I cant be anymore dissapointed than I was 1 yr ago !!!! Thank God !!! :lala:

:dielaugh:

·
Registered
141 Posts
As a Mexican I guess I should be happy but I think we could have done a lot more... I'm still in shock as to how a team that was doing so well just crash and burn in the second round... I hope the guys can pull it together and make a run at 2006

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
The US National Team has exceeded even the toughest expectation, and has advanced further than many traditional "powerhouses".

More importantly, that team has silenced many critics and has earned world wide recognition as one of the upcoming forces. The question now is whether the team can sustain the improvement in the next four years. The chance is excellent as good teams like Mexico and Costa Rica will serve as great competitors!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Yeah I was happy, cause even though we we're eliminated in the quarter-finals, atleast this time Spain didn't choke under pressure and played well. They won all their first round games and finished first which I believe hadn't been accomplished since 1950. With better officiating I am sure Spain could have made it farther.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
No I am not happy with my teams performance :(. I had hoped that Argentina would lift the trophy this time around. Forget about the trophy, they did not even go past the first round. It was a big upset for me. Maybe, Argentina will fulfill my dream and win the WC during my life time (they won it in 1986 but I was too young to understand anything then), hopefully in 2006.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I don't know how I feel

I'm proud for the good first match against Denmark

Not happy with 0-0 against France, we should have won

Ashamed with 3-0 in the first half against Senegal (although the last was offside)
Proud for the 3-3 in the second, (and there was a penalty made by a senegal's player). Couldn't believe Morales didn't score the last header.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I am proud and content of Ecuador's performance. Their first game ever in a WC against Italy and the players akmost pee in their shorts. Understandable the 2-0 loss. They have settled by the time they ran into Mexico which was simply playing great football at the time and Ecuador lost 1-2. Then they demostrated why they were in the WC by beating a good Croatian team 1-0 which cost the Croats a second round spot. All and all a decent performance for a first time ever participation.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts