Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal and United players gave it their all in two classy tussles in a week and at the end of the day proved that both are still the best teams in the nation.

However Arsenal's performances have suggested that the increbidle number of games they have played over the course of the season might be catching up to some of the players.They have looked lethargic particularly in the second half and this includes the home game against Charlton and the match before that.

The fixture hasn't been too kind of them either and a spate of important games coming up in a very short time will shape up the Arsenal season.Wenger has a very limited squad to choose from and the injuries to Reyes and Ljunberg won't help at all.No surprise to see Wenger whine about the tackles and what not in the post match conference.:rollani:

Chelsea is three days away and a vital game for you guys.Like I said in another thread,a win would help to re-energize the side to some extent while a loss would be disastrous.

What do Arsenal fans think maybe the reason for this team looking such lethargic in the recent games.Just a minor blip or fatigue is a factor?

And don't wait till after the Chelsea game to answer.;):D

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I e-mailed some guys and they responded

'Jern Lizardhous'

I'm pissing my pants, not only do I fear going out of the CL I can't bare having to have that beautifal avator that Jack made.... :( Help

'SwiftWilly' :(.... :( MUMMY

Not to much I know.. but still :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I don't think we was leggy until today,but we put a lot into that game in the second half and wasted a lot of nervous energy because our passing was off,so it's understandable.

against Charlton and Bolton we didn't get leggy,we just tried to play the game out and when they got a goal back we couldn't find the other gear again.

of course our squad aint so big,if we get an injury to Kolo or Sol for example we are in a bad way because we only have Keown to call on and he looked very old in his last games.

but there's no excessive nerves,of course everyone gets nervous towards the end of the season when the pots are in sight,but it's useless to predict what will happen. ;)

I am just proud of this team has got itself in this position that no-one but Milan would swap for,after everyone wrote us off saying we had spent no money on players,we had no money,Abramovich's tanks were parked in our front garden,the stadium would never be built,Henry would probably leave,ect.

an outstanding achievement by all at the club if you ask me,we have a humdinging match to look forward to this week and a run-in that will be epic. ;)

put it this way Shaf,i'd rather be us than you :tongue: :D

P.S. Shaf,are you saying Fergie wouldn't have moaned about that tackle on Reyes ? reckless,he is out for three weeks,Scholes got nowhere near the ball and took both legs.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jern Lizardhous said:

put it this way Shaf,i'd rather be us than you :tongue: :D

P.S. Shaf,are you saying Fergie wouldn't have moaned about that tackle on Reyes ? reckless,he is out for three weeks,Scholes got nowhere near the ball and took both legs.
Don't need a rocket scientis to figure out which position everyone would have liked to be in.Like I said League in your pocket and CL out of reach.Still,you have the trophy that everyone loves.:tongue:

Ofcourse Fergie would have complained but wouldnt have gone on about how every tackle was over the top or beyond limit.:rollani:Reyes's foot got stuck under Scholes' left leg and it twisted when he fell from the impact of the tackle.Bad luck to him but it happens and perhaps will harden him up for the better.

In the Charlton and Bolton games,your players switched off and lost their concentration which often happens when fatigue takes over.Crucial part is that its always been on the second half of most games thus suggesting that some of the players were feeling a bit jaded.Problem for Arsenal is that they still gotta play a few more games in the coming weeks and against some very difficult opposition.Won't be easy at all.

BTW,What happended to those Abrahamovic tanks?!?:eekani:I bet he sold them off for a profit as well.:D

·
63,337 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
I e-mailed some guys and they responded

'Jern Lizardhous'

I'm pissing my pants, not only do I fear going out of the CL I can't bare having to have that beautifal avator that Jack made.... :( Help

'SwiftWilly' :(.... :( MUMMY

Not to much I know.. but still :D
:D

i'll tell you a story,this crazed woman phoned me last night,i work for the Samaritans now, although that of course is strictly private,but anyway she said she was in turmoil and has considered ending it all because her previously normal and good natured 18 year old lad had regressed to childhood since Chelsea had bought a few players.

The lad has started playing with his old toys,but when Chelsea play the Arsenal he suddenly turns back to eighteen months old,she has to change his nappy,use a dummy and give him calpol to calm him down. :eek:

she was obviously distressed and perhaps contemplating suicide,although she hung up,she did leave her name at the start of the call,i looked down and there it was.........

Mrs Jacko.from Fulham :eek:

·
63,337 Posts
Shaf said:
Ofcourse Fergie would have complained but wouldnt have gone on about how every tackle was over the top or beyond limit.:rollani:Reyes's foot got stuck under Scholes' left leg and it twisted when he fell from the impact of the tackle.Bad luck to him but it happens and perhaps will harden him up for the better.

In the Charlton and Bolton games,your players switched off and lost their concentration which often happens when fatigue takes over.Crucial part is that its always been on the second half of most games thus suggesting that some of the players were feeling a bit jaded.Problem for Arsenal is that they still gotta play a few more games in the coming weeks and against some very difficult opposition.Won't be easy at all.
do me a favour Shaf,don't justify that tackle,it was a bad one,no matter how Reyes got injured it was because the tackle was reckless,harden him up for the better,oh maybe we should thank you :tongue: why didn't we think of that? maybe we could have got Keown to kick in him in training just to 'harden him up' :rolleyes:

we didn't switch off in them games,we tried to coast them,we only did this because we went two goals up very early in both games,if it had been 0-0 do you really think Charlton and Bolton would have had so much of the ball late on,that is the truth of the matter.;)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
:D

i'll tell you a story,this crazed woman phoned me last night,i work for the Samaritans now, although that of course is strictly private,but anyway she said she was in turmoil and has considered ending it all because her previously normal and good natured 18 year old lad had regressed to childhood since Chelsea had bought a few players.

The lad has started playing with his old toys,but when Chelsea play the Arsenal he suddenly turns back to eighteen months old,she has to change his nappy,use a dummy and give him calpol to calm him down. :eek:

she was obviously distressed and perhaps contemplating suicide,although she hung up,she did leave her name at the start of the call,i looked down and there it was.........

Mrs Jacko.from Fulham :eek:
:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jern Lizardhous said:
do me a favour Shaf,don't justify that tackle,it was a bad one,no matter how Reyes got injured it was because the tackle was reckless,harden him up for the better,oh maybe we should thank you :tongue: why didn't we think of that? maybe we could have got Keown to kick in him in training just to 'harden him up' :rolleyes:
Keown tried his best but couldn't catch up to him.:D

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
do me a favour Shaf,don't justify that tackle,it was a bad one,no matter how Reyes got injured it was because the tackle was reckless,
Indeed it was, but Keane's payback on Pires was worse in my view. With Scholes, incredibly late as it was, I think he had a mind to go for the ball still. Nothing of the sort with Keane.
Obviously- going by the rules that elbow was a straight red for Bobby in the first place.

In the end, Arsenal have nothing to fear. They were clearly the better football team... and lost. Shit happens. Vieira is a monster, Reyes a prodigy. Clichy is not the full article yet... but it must be said that C. Ronaldo showed ALOT of promise today too! Anyway- if Clichy hadn't messed up on Giggs run into deep we'd be talking about Arsenal being in the final.

Henry should have stayed on the bench. Very poor outing from him. Spent most his time bitching to team mates, and lost the ball when he got it or took poor shots. Seemed off.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
II am just proud of this team has got itself in this position that no-one but Milan would swap for
I guess in London you would say "That ain't you mate";) Your just trying to pull our leg:mad: Very clever, burt we wont fall for it:devil:

·
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
I guess in London you would say "That ain't you mate";) Your just trying to pull our leg:mad: Very clever, burt we wont fall for it:devil:
you always seem to be trying to be getting hopes where none exist,Diavolo.

obviously position wise you have a bigger points advantage,and also you are in the easy side of the draw in CL :tongue:

i would never swap teams if that is what you thought :sleepy:

sorry for getting your hopes up ;)

go and have a good rest.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
you always seem to be trying to be getting hopes where none exist,Diavolo.

obviously position wise you have a bigger points advantage,and also you are in the easy side of the draw in CL :tongue:

i would never swap teams if that is what you thought :sleepy:

sorry for getting your hopes up ;)

go and have a good rest.
So maybe someone grabbed your password and was posting instead of you;) Be careful:devil:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i am worried.

you injured reyes and freddie. and you got away with injurying reyes which was beyond me. all our tackles etc made no dmg to your players and we got carded. :rolleyes: we can see which side the ref was on.

·
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
To lose in La Coruna 3-0 so the suffering will finally come to an end:depress:
i hope they have mercy on you,Valeron will surely take his foot off the gas , after the necessary three goals have dwindled the Italian spirit, and rendered them some pathetici gutterish slush in the dressing rooms at HT.:(

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
How very gracious Swift. ;)

Everybody knows Scholes can't tackle to save his life, it was a bad and clumsy challenge, not making excuses for Scholesy here though I don't think there was any malice in it. :(

But don't let that tackle blind us to the fact as to who were the better team today ;) (I disagree with Glen :D), even in the second half where we had our men behind to defend our lead and despite Arse throwing all your attacking options onto the pitch you rarely troubled Carroll.

Arse is the better team this season, but not today. Fletcher dominated in the centre of the park, Ronaldo left Clichy and Pires trailing in the dust, Pires in particular had a poor game, and the United back-line were more than capable of dealing with any attack that Arse orchestrated, save for the nail-biting first few minutes.

The Arse looked ennervated and frustrated today, very understandable nonetheless and now it's up to your lads to bounce back from this defeat and face the tough schedule that lies ahead.

Good luck against Chelski anyway, it'd be nice to see your lot whup the sorry arses of the rouble-stuffing outfit. ;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Alive&Kicking said:
How very gracious Swift. ;)

Everybody knows Scholes can't tackle to save his life, it was a bad and clumsy challenge, not making excuses for Scholesy here though I don't think there was any malice in it. :(

But don't let that tackle blind us to the fact as to who were the better team today ;) (I disagree with Glen :D), even in the second half where we had our men behind to defend our lead and despite Arse throwing all your attacking options onto the pitch you rarely troubled Carroll.

Arse is the better team this season, but not today. Fletcher dominated in the centre of the park, Ronaldo left Clichy and Pires trailing in the dust, Pires in particular had a poor game, and the United back-line were more than capable of dealing with any attack that Arse orchestrated, save for the nail-biting first few minutes.

The Arse looked ennervated and frustrated today, very understandable nonetheless and now it's up to your lads to bounce back from this defeat and face the tough schedule that lies ahead.

Good luck against Chelski anyway, it'd be nice to see your lot whup the sorry arses of the rouble-stuffing outfit. ;)
we didnt look frustrated, we looked like if we didnt care about the match.

henry until 2nd half.

ali > reyes

pires off ?!?!

give me a break, it wasnt our full team. :rolleyes: and pires's relaxed attitude on the bench showed somethign also.

and henry not throwing a fit when he missed showed how he didnt quite care either.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts