Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope you guys aren't going to get relegated as I like you (being my local South London club), but do you think you realistically stand a chance of staying up with Soton on such a roll of form?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Alright Talya,I'll answer properly.
A lot will depend on the results the other strugglers get against the sides at the top of the table. If you look in the relegation mini league thread you'll see that Chelsea,Arsenal and Man Utd all have games against the teams Palace are competing with.
What Palace don't need is for the top 3 to start faffing about and fielding their reserve sides :rolleyes: Villa can also do us big favours;)

We've picked up injuries to some key players and there are others who are walking a disciplinary tightrope ( hughes and Hall), so this will also be a big factor.
So ,in conclusion, I'll still say we'll go down. That's the way Palace always are...get your hopes up and then self destruct :crybaby:

Will we be seeing you at Selhurst or did you get your friends up to Villa park?

·
Registered
59,141 Posts
After the points we gave you, you should be ashamed of yourselves were you to not make it :stuckup:

Stay up I say !

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I popped onto the 250 down to Selhurst Park. But maybe I'll get revenge on you (and friends) next year if you stay up :)

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
I love the team, but I'm starting to lose faith in this season. There's still hope, but I'm preparing for a relegation now. Hopefully the team will prove me wrong, but after today's loss to Everton, it certainly looks bleak.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
We're gone :(
We seem to have lost all self belief in the space of 3 weeks and Dowie can't do anything about it.The defence is a complete shambles without Boyce and Sorondo, and we've got no idea how to break teams down,it's just long ball after long ball to poor AJ who has to make all of his chances himself whilst coping with 3 or 4 defenders.

16th April Norwich City (H)
20th April Blackburn (A)
23rd April Liverpool (H)
30th April Newcastle (A)
7th May Southampton (H)
15th May Charlton (A)

Even if we beat Norwich and Southampton ,the recent up turn in form of the other strugglers and their remaining oponents, means that it's likely that we'll need to win another 2 games as well. That's 4 from the remaining 6 games and that's not going to happen:blind:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts