Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That´s something I read today on an Austrian-newspage which is normally very reliable.
They say that Gaspart started talks with Manchester United in order to buy Beckham.
We know that ManU isn´t really keen about giving up Beckham, so even if this rumour is true, it wouldn´t be easy for Gaspart to go for David Beckham.

What would you think about Beckham as replacement for Judas?
I know there are a lot of people here on Xtratime that think very little of him, but what about the Barca-fans? Would you appreciate Beckham in Barcelona?

D

·
0 Posts
Here in London, since yesterday most of the papers have published the Beckham-Barca link as the main backpage headlines. Apparently, they say that Barca is offering £40m to ManU. The reason of Barca's approach: because in his updated autobiography, Alex Ferguson talked in detail about his bust-up with Beckham few months ago.
These papers went further by interviewing three Barca officials and even Gaspart (I'm not sure whether this interview was made-up by the papers or not). These officials said that Barca loves to have Beckham, because, he's better than the 'guy' who left for Madrid and Barca would have the best eleven in Europe. As for Gaspart, the paper said that Gaspart is coming today to London not only to sign Overmars and Petit but also to discuss about Beckham. Let's see what happens......
Personally, although I prefer the former Figo hands down compare to him, but I don't really mind Beckham. He doesn't run well (except for the goal against Madrid in CL quaterfinal), his left foot is suspectable, he's temperamental but I feel he is one of the best crossers from the right. Even his set-piece is excellent. But to play in Barca he has to do more talking on the field than using his looks and publicity.....;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Beckham is a one dimensional player. All he can do is cross a ball and hit great set pieces. He has no pace, cannot beat a man and is not as influential on the game as other star players. Barca should look for someone else.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Hristo, I agree with you Beckman has not developed his skills to play in spain and especially with the 2 giants.
I thought that he would go to Italy since they will buy almost any big name and force him to work on his skills.

·
Registered
390 Posts
dont do it...
i think beckham is wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy overated, throughout the entire year i have had a discussion with a friend of mine bout: beckham vs. figo. i just remember it kinda started with somethinthat the spice whore didnt like the city of manchester, she said somethin bout wantin to move to big city like barcelona, milan or madrid, n since she owns his punk ass n hes obviouly the biatch in their relationship it seemed pretty sure beckham was leavin manchester (at the time beckham was also havin serious discussions with "sir" ferguson) but i think they settled their differences, n it seemed like beckham was gonna stay with manchester...
i hope he stays there cuz i love inter, barca, n real madrid
besides i wouldnt put much faith in this rumor cuz in almost every fukin forum there is a beckham rumor...

D

·
0 Posts
It's true Beckham has difficulties beating an opponent on skill aswell as speed. :)
Beckham is of course a better preference on the right then Overmars. But the diffrence isn't that big, som I'm happy enough with Overmars. :)
Overmars has gotten in the groove on the right :) and has had plenty of practice at that during EURO 2000 when being shifted to the right with Zenden on the left. :)
Zenden on the left to Kluivert was so exciting during EURO 2000 at Barca we'll get to see it week-in-week-out :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts