1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like Chelsea game
they close us down with their defensive minded and we also was out of form
so we can't play our game

but as a real contender of any championship we enter, we MUST win when we play bad

and the goal came from a cross and a beautiful header
so if the ground is tough we MUST use the AIR to score

what is your opinions about bringing a great header Trez or anyone and add this dimension to our game

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'd love to see a big target kind of striker join Arsenal but I can't really see it happening, Wenger doesn't seem to like that them kind of players for some reason :rolleyes: . I think it could add something new to our game as well but as we all know, Arsene knows !;).

If Trezegue would be available though, for a reasonable price, I'm sure Wenger would go for him.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I read something about this,Wenger used to have Mark Hateley at Monaco,he said that when things went wrong in a game all the players even the skillful ones just aimed balls at him,this is why Wenger doesn't like just target men.

having said that if a player can head and is skilfull enough to play our usual game,it will be perfect,but we already use this occasionally,but Reyes and Henry look to be the front two with Ali and Bentley as cover for the next few years,so it looks like Wenger won't want that.;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I read something about this,Wenger used to have Mark Hateley at Monaco,he said that when things went wrong in a game all the players even the skillful ones just aimed balls at him,this is why Wenger doesn't like just target men.

Kind of make sense, Thanx for that Jern ;) .

Imagine Pires, Freddie, Vieira and start hoofing the ball :eek: :eek:

·
63,337 Posts
I could see someone small,fast and skillful who can also head,like Eto'o but Trez i doubt now,1 thing he will be pricey,2. he doesn't contribute in other things,he is great striker but i don't think he fits Wengers plans any more.

remember when Reyes signed,Wenger said he fits in with his philosophy,the things he mentioned were pace,highly technical,goal getter and also goal giver.

if you look at our attackers Dennis,Fred,Bob,Henry,Ali,Bentley,Wiltord,Kanu.

some of them are not very quick,but they all give goals and get them.

·
63,337 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
We'll pay you to take heskey!
:D :D

Owenization,you remind me of me in the Nineties,when our midfield was

Merson :star: --Selley---Hillier---Morrow

we were utter tripe.

it WILL get better in a few years ;)

perhaps they should set up a helpline for disillusoned Pool fans :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i dont think its necesary.

we still drew at chelsea and didnt look like a horrid game. we did have chances. or game is fine now and i am happy with it. air is just not our style and doesnt suit our players.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
:D :D

Owenization,you remind me of me in the Nineties,when our midfield was

Merson :star: --Selley---Hillier---Morrow

we were utter tripe.

it WILL get better in a few years ;)

perhaps they should set up a helpline for disillusoned Pool fans :D
I frequently wake up screaming "HOULLIER OUT" and "Put the FECKING BALL IN THE NET YOU IDIOT!"

I need to see a doctor.

·
63,337 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
I frequently wake up screaming "HOULLIER OUT" and "Put the FECKING BALL IN THE NET YOU IDIOT!"

I need to see a doctor.
:howler:

you have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times.

football is cyclic.

any other clichés ?

at least you won 4 Euro Cups in 7 years,feel for us ,we have the best side in our history and yet if we don't win the European Cup,the media have already decided we are failures. :depress:

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
I feel for you, but more so, i feel for me. This is probably the weakest team in Liverpool history, and we have Gerrard for god'ssake.

I patiently await the next Shankley. and no, it is not Houllier.

Ps. hang in there Jern, i think you will taste European glory soon enough. Hopefully you'll stop before you reach 4. :)

·
63,337 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
I feel for you, but more so, i feel for me. This is probably the weakest team in Liverpool history, and we have Gerrard for god'ssake.

Ps. hang in there Jern, i think you will taste European glory soon enough. Hopefully you'll stop before you reach 4. :)
:D

Is Gerrard really loved ? surely if he was a true Pool fan he wouldn't play so well,thus keeping Houllier in a job ? :D

there will never be another Shankly,but you have the resources to be back at the top in no time.

as for us,it's so unfair that we can go 30 games unbeaten but if we lose against Madrid we will be failures :confused: we are playing great stuff at times but all the media are hoping for is to kick us,that is seriously fuk'd up if you ask me.

·
63,337 Posts
Jacke Sigfridsson said:
They already have,haven't they? 90% of the fans on "You're on sky sports" and the phone in show on talk sport seems to be sad scousers :D
according to Houllier they are not 'real' fans :rolleyes:

even the bloke that phoned the other week talking about Ian St.John and Steve Heighway,not a real fan ;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:

weakest team??

yes maybe now, however its becuase of your manager. he doesnt know crap. diouf WAS good, now look at what you done for him. and same as others. should of given us diouf when we wanted him, could of trained him into a brilliants triker :mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts