Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In some ways you look at the recent performances and have to believe that the team is not worthy of a top three finish. They've made great strides this season but others remain ahead of them - Houllier has admitted as much. It's up to Leeds now to take the final spot. The performance dampened the usual end of season lap of honour - but they naturally still got a great reception - nice to see Sami and Meijer do their solo efforts - do stay Erik, you're a star. It's make or break now in Yorkshire next week for the final game, as it was in '97. If it doesn't happen, we must all accept that in a year we have improved dramatically under Houllier's guidance and that these final stages have told us a few things. Good luck Reds, and come on you Hammers!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Neither Liverpool nor Leeds deserve third place. Liverpool did not score many goals and looked pretty boring for most part of the season - watching possession football with no goals make one really mad.

Leeds have lost too many games to deservingly finished above Liverpool too. For Liverpool to finish behind Arsenal and Leeds, both beaten twice by Liverpool during this season, will be very very disappointing.

There is a scarcity of CL place. If given a choice (sounds like an economist), I think all of us here will still prefer Liverpool to go through. Let's think about how we'll fare later.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with your comment about Leeds, they probably deserve 3rd place less than us having lost most of their encounters against the top 6 sides!

C

·
0 Posts
hi men , I think
If we get it we deserve it ,and if they do so be it . It's been a strange year from the bad start , first 10 games where a night mare (mostly) to our great run of form and now finally when we where nearly there ,a run of bad form .I think we are along way away from the side GH wants but it can't be done in one season it will take time but qualifing for the Cl will help get better players willing to come to LFC and let us have the money to afford them .
I think it could go either way ,
we could do with an early goal and
if Di Canio is palying for West Ham I'd fancy them to get a draw .
So keep the faith and lets hope for the results we want and need .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts