Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
r we capable of matching the best in europe?

i know that we will win the premiership this season but for next season if none of the top teams have any injuries and all have a season high do u think we can still be in front of man utd?

do u also think that we can compete with the likes of real madrid , man utd, barcelona, bayern munich and win the champions league?????

Attachments

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
We will compete with the best, match them perhaps, but to overturn the likes of Real Madrid, a team has to be very special, and I don't think that Man Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle or ourselves have the sort of quality of which I'm talking.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Real Madrid are a very good team, but they are no means invincible. I would love to see us play Real, Bayern or Inter just to see how we would do.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i dun like to bit where you said
"how do you compare to teams like blah blah blah then man utd"
this season i think we're even better then man utd
i think this year ( when we are crowned engliands no.1 ) we wil be one of the top teams.
which we already are, i mean soccernet and other internet sites give us a top 10 in the world. and after we win the FA cup and EPL, we'll be boosted right up there. 3rd, 2nd?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Im sad:D to say that I´m extremly impressed by your squad and I have no doubts at all in my mind that you can beat every team in the world (national teams included...).

Is it OK to switch Jokanovic with Vieria.
And Zenden with Pires.
And Jimbo (Hasselbaink) with Henry.

But please keep Wiltörd, that loser sucks. (Although I dont think all of you agrees, but you are also loonies:D )

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
The Swede said:
Im sad:D to say that I´m extremly impressed by your squad and I have no doubts at all in my mind that you can beat every team in the world (national teams included...).
You could not compete against France as you would miss Pires, Henry, Vieira and Wiltord! and there, you would lose a lot of strenght. :tongue:

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Or, for the sake of fairness, we get Henry, Wiltord, Pires, and Vieira. France do have 59,000,000 other people from which to choose!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
we already bashed France NT in 1989 ;)

Bring em on the poofs :tongue:

I've heard Titi and Super Bob like the view from the inside of Sols' pocket :D

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
If Arsenal bought some more players they can.

your full backs are good, keeper is good, midfield is good and some forwards are good.

you need to buy two top centre backs as i think your current ones are old and not the best.

you need a good attacking midfielder, as you have pires, ljundeberg and vieira occupying the other spots and they are more than capable.

Henry is great, but i think that he needs a perminant partner, someone with the ability to take pressure off him and who can also score maybe 20 goals for the season. Viduka for instance.

and of course you need a good bench, that is what makes Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Juve etc....always competetive, good replacements. And i know that Van Bronk..., Bergkamp, Wiltord, Parlour are good ones, but you need the other positions backed up as well.

so get maybe 4 new starting players, and Arsenal can the win the CL no problems.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think a lot of team are able to match the best in Europe, Leeds went to semi final last year for example and Leverkusen have went to final this year. The problem is to last at the top of Europe and I`m sure Wenger is on a good way to build a team wich can be among the best in Euroep for a long time. We got players like Wright, Campbell, Lauren, Cole, Vieira, Edu, Ljungberg, Henry, Kanu, Jeffers who all are great players and hopefully the most of them will stay with us the next 10 years, If our home grown players like Halls, Pennant, Sidwell Noble etc turn out to be what we want them to be we have a world class team in a 3-4 years time.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
CUG

our centre backs are fine
campball is great
so are adams and keown
who cares if they old
our arsenal centre backs have experience!!
experience is priceless, why else is seaman the master

"you need a good attacking midfielder, as you have pires, ljundeberg and vieira occupying the other spots and they are more than capable. "
hm...she freddie and pires doesnt score enough?:D

now your striker statement is sorta true depends. berggy is doing fine as the partnet, but when he leaves
hmmm.....kanu haasnt done so well this season, wiltord could make a good partnet, but i prefer to see some big guns. kluivert!

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Swifty ...

Experience counts for nowt when the legs go ... the modern defender needs pace pace and more pace.

Keown and Adams have served the club tremendously, but as their pace continues to fade so does their claim for a first team place.

Remember, the key question was success in Europe - Leverkusen cut you apart on attack - you need to improve in that department. Campbell is great but he needs a Stam (not likely), Nesta (very unlikely) or Ferdinand (see Stam, Nesta) beside him.

I'd also like to see another solid, creative customer in central midfield to fully capitalise on Vieira's ball winning abilities.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Cug hit it spot on- except that we already have one top CB in Sol. Rio would be an AMAZING buy, if we bought him than I would cry with happiness for our amazing fortune at securing a mastermind such as him. Edu seems to becoming a more perminent partner for Vieira, he is growing better and better. And I would really like Kluivert here, as he would add some great technique here.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
sorry, i forgot to mention Sol. sol is great, but its only him really, Adams and Keown, 3 years ago or so would be ideal for centre backs, not now though. remember what the topic is, being the best in europe. Adams and Keown are no longer the best, once they were more than capable.

Edu is looking okay and Van Bronckhurst is a good player. But Vieira works hard enough to defend that midfield and he does it great, but he needs help to drive it through the middle.

Pires and Ljundeberg score and play great, but they attack from the wings, and wings only. What would be great is if Arsenal could also attack from the middle. that would make them unpredictable and they would score more and make it harder for teams to stop there attack.
Eg. Real Madrid are brilliant because they have Carlos and Figo, two of teh best in their respective positions attacking on the wings, but they have the likes of Zidane attacking through teh middle. thats why its so hard to stop them from scoring. they can go through anywhere to attack, wings, middle etc..

Bergkamp is a gun player, but his old now, and he dosent travel. that hurts Arsenal in the CL and that costed them this CL compaign.

what Henry needs a perminant partner who plays all games, home and away and scores many goals. some have mentioned Kluivert, he would be ideal. Viduka is another good one too.

plus getting back to the CBs, if Sol gets injured, and injury prone Adams and Keown these days doesn't make safe CBs at all. There could be a problem.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
no way on earth would you get viduka here at arsenal
much more better players:
defoe
cisse
trezegeut
kluivert

viduka...just let depo have em.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Viduka is under-rated ... you take out the goals he scores and sets up for Leeds and the Yorkshiremen would be garbage.

Jermain Defoe is a completely different player - but to say he is better?! Ridiculous. When DeFoe regularly scores and gets assists against Real, Lazio, Arsenal, Man U, Newcastle, etc then you can list him ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts