Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
That jersey was only used at the beginning of the season. The current jersey has the club crest and Adidas logo on the front, but nothing else, and that's the way it's expected to stay for a while.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
I heard Pepsi will make it in 2003-2006. But not too sure about it. Didnt read any confirmation. just rumors.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Damn right that´s plain - that´s the way it should be, all white!!!

That´s why I bought one, its the best shirt the team´s had since 1981 when they started putting advertisement on the front.

It´s funny to me how these young kids today, actually LIKE the crap advertisements and the multicolored garbage that´s made for the market these days. I´ve even heard people say they like those **** Nike cool motion maternity blouses they made for the WC.

I feel sorry for the people who can´t remember a time when team kits were classy with no adverts and that didn´t change every year.

I hope that this year they keep the shirts and avoid ruining the look by putting sponsors back on. I only buy the shirts if I like them- that way I don´t encourage thier crappy decisions.

If they do splash a sponsor´s name across next year than that will have been the last Madrid shirt I buy for another 100 years.:D

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
evilcrossbar said:
Damn right that´s plain - that´s the way it should be, all white!!!

That´s why I bought one, its the best shirt the team´s had since 1981 when they started putting advertisement on the front.

It´s funny to me how these young kids today, actually LIKE the crap advertisements and the multicolored garbage that´s made for the market these days. I´ve even heard people say they like those **** Nike cool motion maternity blouses they made for the WC.

I feel sorry for the people who can´t remember a time when team kits were classy with no adverts and that didn´t change every year.

I hope that this year they keep the shirts and avoid ruining the look by putting sponsors back on. I only buy the shirts if I like them- that way I don´t encourage thier crappy decisions.

If they do splash a sponsor´s name across next year than that will have been the last Madrid shirt I buy for another 100 years.:D
Welcome ECB!

I agreee the whites of Real is elegant and I hope they continue but $$ talks :greed:

That why I do have have some respect for Barca, Bilbao and I think Betis.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Yup.. I would like an all white with just the club logo on it too! ;) Stands out on a crowd of jerseys of advertisers!!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I agree Merengue! Totally! I just hope it stays that way.

Its classic tradition for us, the all white uniform. I have the previous one, with the realmadrid.com logo, but i like this one best! :happy: i have Raul and Zidane, (had a brand new Figo too but gave it to a friend).

·
Registered
282 Posts
Here is the article from real madrid.com about the new jersey and sponsors.

16/07/2002
Real Madrid Club de Fútbol and Siemens IC Mobile have signed a contract that makes the German international company the Club’s chief sponsor for the next three seasons. Real Madrid President Florentino Pérez, Rudi Lamprecht as member of the Siemens Managing Board and Siemens Spain President Eduardo Montes signed the contract in the Teatro Real in Madrid. This arrangement also involves the cooperation of the parties to develop projects in the new technologies business.
“Real Madrid is a remarkable club for its tradition, dynamism, leadership, universality and creativity and it is a symbol of the highest performance, plus gives the right image that fits in with Siemens Mobile”, said Rudi Lamprecht.
“We are really glad that now we can wear the name of a worlwide active ally with a slogan “Be inspired” that perfectly suits Real Madrid. Siemens IC Mobile seeks to impress their customers with its products, just as much as we want to impress our followers all around the world with the most attractive and highest football on earth”, Florentino Pérez remarked.

This contract with a key ally in the new technologies field will give the Club an exceptional chance to develop business in this area. Leadership, universality, tradition, creativity and vanguard are the values that join together Real Madrid and the German international company.

In addition to this values in common, this contract means a major strategic alliance for both parties. Real Madrid provides the German international brand, leader in its field, with a premium content, whereas Siemens, in its turn, offers Real the experience, leadership and vanguard in the new technologies field.

The contracts provides that Siemens mobile branding will be emblazoned on the team shirt, both in national and international competitions. Siemens logo on Real’s shirt will give the German brand the publicity, prestige and acknowledgement from the most honoured football team ever, not to mention the world stars wearing that shirt. Besides, the contracts makes the Club’s publicity resources availabe to Siemens Mobile, including a lot of advertising spots at the emblematic Santiago Bernabéu.

Support to followers
This contract also arranges for a support to thousand of followers of the “Best Football Club in the 20th Century”, as it has been appointed, since it will mean an improvement of the communication between the Club and its fans all around the world by means of the technologic experience from Siemens Mobile.

Siemens Mobile is currently the top football sponsor in Europe, and now with Real Madrid, has added one of the most attractive and charismatic clubs to its football portfolio.

The sponsoring strategy of Siemens Mobile is orientated towards those sports with mass support around the world. With Formula One and football Siemens Mobile is covering the most famous sport events in the world.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I just saw the jersey on the AS website.. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:
So that means I gotta get a Siemens handphone in the future for my club's news eh!? :yuck:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Retro-Style = Ahhhhh, classic! :)

A seight for sore eyes in these days :cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts