Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know If you can read too much into GG's quotes in the press, but it is not hard to see that within a couple of years we will be ready to compete with the best again. What with Sugar finally opening his wallet, and more signings expected by the spurs fans, we look good, and i have high expectations of rebrov. Now that we are prepared to keep Sol and break the wage structure, we still have our "rock in central defence" Also we have some fine youngsters like etherington and davies breaking into the ranks, whom id like to see a lot more over the next few seasons. It's about time we contested for major honours as any serious spurs fan will tell you. The worthless cup wasn't the greatest accolade of Spurs' prestigious history.
COME ON YOU SPURS

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I'm no Spurs fan, but out of all the London sides, Spurs are the one I like to see well the most. They've always had the reputation of playing good football.
The signing of Rebrov looks to be a great signing, he's a world class striker, and with Ginola pinging balls in he should get a better return than Armstrong. If Sugar keeps up his psending, then the future for Spurs very much looks bright.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
agree...but we need one more midfielder who can partner with sherwood...and a good keeper ....and a left back...and one more striker..maybe hasselbaink or sutton

we need 4 more players...come on sugar... show me your checkbook...

·
Registered
429 Posts
We´ll, Sugar was quoted earlier saying that
we would spend at least 20 huge ones this season, so thats 9 more to go!!!

Anyway lets just enjoy Rebrovs arrival right now!! I´m totally delighted!! :) :) :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
sullivan is not a world class player...but he will cost us nothing...so i say go grab him...
i m not a big fan of thatcher's...and he is not worth 6M...maybe sign someone else who is cheaper...
i still dont think lampard is coming..maybe we should try someone else...
hasselbaink would be nice...but too expensive...getting sutton is more realistic....he would cost us around 5-6M..

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Yes, as a Liverpool fan, I think your 11 million on Rebrov was better value than our 11 million on Heskey.

Redknapp is rumoured to be on his way to you guys as well, personally I'd like to see him stay at Liverpool, what do you think?

I'd hope Liverpool were going to go for Sullivan as a backup keeper to Westerveldt, but it looks like GH is looking at Peggy Arphexad (or however it is spelt!) as the backup, which should leave you and the mancs going for Sullivan. I hope you get him! ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
speaking of redknapp...i don't think he is the right player we are looking for...but i don't mind if Graham really signs him... :)

if we can't get sullivan, then i would hope graham to sign richard wright and then sell walker...even if we can't get wright, i still don't want to see walker as our #1 keeper...he is terrible... :(

i think heskey is ok...he is not a big-time scorer...he would not score a lot for u.. but he is very physical and he can set up some goals for owen and fowler...but for 11M, i would rather have rebrov on the team ;) he hasn't played much for liverpool, so i think all the liverpool fans should give him some time...

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I think Heskey will be a great signing, and I really rate him as a player, but I know which of the 2 I'd rather of spent 11 million on! :)

I've always wondered what Spurs fans thought of Walker, I'd rate him alongside our previous keeper, David James, they both can be great keepers, but both make way too many mistakes to be England internationals. Although I have to congratulate James on his good season at Villa.
I agree Sullivan would be a good first choice Keeper for you, and what I can't understand is GG or whoever is dealing with the transfers not offering the no 1 jersey!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
spurs has one great english player sol campell,i hope they sell him soon or later to italy but no clubs has made a serious bid for him yet,we'll see i know we have the money to buy the players we want.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts