·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I AM THE BIG FANS OF KOREAN nt:D

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
I AM!!!!!!!

Since the start of the tournament, and before aswell.

All cause of :star: Hiddink :star:
To see and realize what this man has done in Korea, people wanting him as new president.

And details..as in how his managing skills are far from what the Koreans are used to witness.
When Park scored, and bowed to Hiddink and closed him in his arms of joy...Korean people are normally not acquinted with touching. And I heard before the WC that the Korean police should be very aware of partying foreign supporters on the streets, since they weren't used to this. But look at what the Korean people do now, and with this I mean, MASSES of people..

What he has done to this team in the time he has been there....
In all aspects...tactical, mentality, technique, fysique, spirit, and oh my their fitness...oh my they can run and keep it doing and doing it..I think they have this energizer bunny stuffed somewhere..;)

When I saw that Dutch flag hanging in the stadium at the first match against Poland, I got henskin..and a banner next to it saying: "Hiddink, make our dream come true".
WOW

And to think Hiddink was the coach that beat Korea with the Dutch NT in 98 with 5-0....

He is already a legend in Korea. And since I live in Holland, we get more coverage from him then other countries I suppose. Interviews, in where the president suddenly calls him. They seem to be meeting eachother alot, also in the dressingrooms.
This is also an huge boost for the Korean players!

Also, perhaps you didn't know..his players dont have to go in the army now, instead they can concentrate on a succesful soccer career.
Why?
Since the team was playing well before the wc already under Hiddink, and it was electiontime, some politicians wanted to be on the photo with them. You know, for getting votes as the wc would get alot of media attention.
Hiddink agreed, but wanted some compensation to go with it and he wanted his selection to be free from the army duty, would they make the 2nd round. It would take around 3 years to be in the army, and otherwise their soccercareer would be finished.

And now, that time has come :happy:

·
Registered
333 Posts
The Korean players couldn't join the army anyway. Anytime any one comes near them, they fall down as if shot. That would give the "real" soldiers a morale problem.

Guus Hiddink is my hero:rolleyes:

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Figo Rules said:
Anytime any one comes near them, they fall down as if shot. That would give the "real" soldiers a morale problem.
Is that meant sarcasticly, since I truly wonder when Figo will get a shot for auditioning in the theaterproduction of "The Falling Swan".

·
Registered
333 Posts
On Beto's 2nd yellow card, that was a master dive, gimme a break. Don't defend Korea. You know that Korea and the USA were all but handed qualification.

With only 9 men, we gave it our all but couldn't level the game. Who knows maybe if we scored, the ref would have "found" a foul or something.

I guess FIFA got what they wanted.
The dog's barking won't be quite so loud tonight. Korea will have a right old time. BTW... Do you know if they eat the whole dog?

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
I agree, and feel sorry for the fact that my fave Conceicao hit the post and it didn't tap in..since I wanted these 2 teams to advance, not USA...

And yes, I have to say that Korea is in favour of the referees...but I guess the pressure from the homecrowd is to big on the referee..

and I also might consider a conspiracy theory among some calls, but this is not the thread to discuss this, is it? :)
(note that I ain't a mod :D)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
The Koreans were clearly the best team in this group , congratulations from Portugal!:(

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Figo Rules said:
On Beto's 2nd yellow card, that was a master dive, gimme a break. Don't defend Korea. You know that Korea and the USA were all but handed qualification.

With only 9 men, we gave it our all but couldn't level the game. Who knows maybe if we scored, the ref would have "found" a foul or something.

I guess FIFA got what they wanted.
The dog's barking won't be quite so loud tonight. Korea will have a right old time. BTW... Do you know if they eat the whole dog?

Our Portugese team never really bothered to show up in the world cup . The only way we could defend the Koreans was to pull on their jersies because we couldn't stop them any other way! Koreans deserved the win . The referees did stop Portugal from advancing we stopped ourselves!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah the Koreans deserved the win. :rolleyes:

We may have had trouble keeping up with them, but it was 0-0 and they barely had any scoring chances. Did you notice that?

Then we go 1, and then 2 men down, then they score because Sergio was defending in the box. We could have held them at 0-0 for days. Korea couldn't score vs US, and they couldn't score against us. Well, they could when we had 9 men.

Blah Blah blah, yeah we never played "our" game, but we still deserved a fair chance in this game.

So, because we didn't play our best, we deserved to have Beto get sent off on an obvious dive. I don't agree.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Portugal only have themselves to blame

FigoRules, Did we not see a full strength portugal side with all men on the field get beaten 3-2 by the US??? A US team who then proceeded to get pumped 3-1 by Poland???

Portugal did not deserve to get through, although neither did the US really.

You can blame the refs all you want, but both reds were CLEARLY WELL DESERVED. PLUS I WAS DISGUSTED AT THE WAY THE PORTUGESE PLAYERS MANHANDLED THE REF. Fernando Couto deserved to be sent off too.

Figo's career is shot. It was sad to see him play the way he did.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get your facts straight figorules

As you brought it up, did you know that 95% of Koreans do not eat dogs and never have.

To answer your question, I hear the people who do only have parts of it in like stew or something, and do not eat it all.

You should stop being such a sore loser. You are a disgrace.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ruf, Ruf !!! You are a disgrace. Wow, that was easy.

Well I will not criticize Figo because he played at less than 100%. He played because he loves his country and risked his reputation, which will be attacked by ignorant people.

I would never put down Figo or call him a dog. If I did, he might not get out of Korea alive. He'd end up in some one's pot.

Do you know that even 5 percent of Korean people is over 2 million people, more than the entire population of Slovenia.

Look, Korea got paid back for building the stadiums and hosting a good WC.

Congratulations Korea. :fero:

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you can find one racist thing I said, I will apologize.

I think the problem is yours. Are you Korean? If so, you probably feel the shame of the stigma attached to eating Lassie.

If you are Korean, you probably don't want to believe that the Koreans would need help to win.

Hey, this is big business. Korea won the game, won the group, kept up with Japan. Good on 'em :greed:

:greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Enough is enough. Would two of you stop contaminating this thread in such an idiotic way? Get lost if you don't mean to support Korea!

Fighting Korea!:fero:

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I have been very impressed with the football the South Koreans have played in this tournament.

They played Scotland in a friendly in May and destroyed them 4-1 as usual our media put that down to us being terrible (it was a b-squad with a number of young players and first caps) but the quality of SK's goals was impressive and they have started the WC where they left off and I wish them well. IMO they play the game without the cynical edge of many of the "big" nations employ and as far as I am aware they have no millionare stars (yet).

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Figo, If FIFA fixed this match they must have done it by bribing Joao Pinto to make such a ridiculous tackle.:fero: :(

L

·
0 Posts
well, the korean run a lot, have you seen that? even the ball isn't on the field they run:D
desailly said, he didn't reconize the korean squad he met in 2000.
hem, i didn't reconize france squad either:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts