Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read below for the answer!

ELLIS: I WANT TO BE LIKE UNITED

Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis believes that the club's appearance in this season’s FA Cup final heralds the beginning of a new, successful era at Villa Park.
Ellis has pledged to continue to provide financial backing for manager John Gregory to get Villa into the Champion’s League places and among the elite of Europe.

He said: “The final was only the start for us. This club can achieve so much more.”

“I want to win the league. I want to win it next year. I don't want to be jealous of Manchester United. I want to be alongside them.”

“This is one of the best Villa squads I have known,” he added. “We've got a good set of players with a lot of youngsters breathing down their necks.”

“I think you will really see us going well next season. I think the squad is good enough in comparison to any other squad we've seen.”

Ellis also confirmed Villa would take part in the Intertoto Cup this summer from mid-July in a bid to get into the UEFA Cup.

R

·
0 Posts
I think they done really well finishing 6th with that squad of players.
They are never going to get any further.
They should have lost the cup quarter final against Everton and the semi final against Bolton.
If they keep this squad, they will do well to finish in the top half of the table in future.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that is a little harsh Rob...we deserved to beat Everton! Bolton I agree with...but we played well against Everton!

As for the squad of players we won't move out of the middle of the table if we don't strengthen our squad further...Nilis is a good start but we cannot stop there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts