Xtratime Community banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
55,889 Posts
Israel‘s Kabbalah capital Tsfat is also, not coincidental, the place where you‘ll find the Museum of Hungarian Jewry

but now you better congrat us on taking our country back from that Polack-American midget

#MIGA
#MIMA

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Israel‘s Kabbalah capital Tsfat is also, not coincidental, the place where you‘ll find the Museum of Hungarian Jewry

but now you better congrat us on taking our country back from that Polack-American midget

#MIGA
#MIMA
I've been to mystical Tzifat :proud:

Can you enlighten me about what is going on with the Hungary-Israel connection you were talking about below? Just joking about or serious?

·
Registered
55,889 Posts
I've been to mystical Tzifat :proud:

Can you enlighten me about what is going on with the Hungary-Israel connection you were talking about below? Just joking about or serious?
Herzl and Nordau were magyars, Benny Gantz and his mate Yair Lapid are too, Teddy Kollek, Ephraim Kishon, Imi Lichtenfeld (the Krav Maga inventor), Uri Geller, all are magicals, bro, basically Israel = Magyarország 2.0

·
Registered
55,889 Posts
Ukraine is not only the cradle of Slavdom but also of European Jewish culture.

#cradelingthechosenpeople
lol hardly

now figure the years 1870-1940. Uki juice, you‘d imagine some medieval Shtetl types with beards and furry hats speaking yiddish, while Judapesters you see magyar speaking scientists, poets, foci managers, businessmen, artists, magicians, visionaries, film makers, architects and the likes

#cradleofisrael
#judapest
#13thtribe
#biggestsynagogue
#pulamare
#kosherpork

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
I have always been terribly interested in Hungarian history and culture, so much so that I have found myself in Budapest a couple of times.

I even made a half-hearted attempt to learn Hungarian (wayyyyyy difficult so I directed my language attention to your neighbouring language : German)....so yeah I'd be inclined to agree with the premise of this thread that you lot are the most interesting.

Well....you and my other obsession: The Austrians!

·
Registered
65,166 Posts
lol hardly

now figure the years 1870-1940. Uki juice, you‘d imagine some medieval Shtetl types with beards and furry hats speaking yiddish, while Judapesters you see magyar speaking scientists, poets, foci managers, businessmen, artists, magicians, visionaries, film makers, architects and the likes

#cradleofisrael
#judapest
#13thtribe
#biggestsynagogue
#pulamare
#kosherpork
Magyar pawns.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Herzl and Nordau were magyars, Benny Gantz and his mate Yair Lapid are too, Teddy Kollek, Ephraim Kishon, Imi Lichtenfeld (the Krav Maga inventor), Uri Geller, all are magicals, bro, basically Israel = Magyarország 2.0
Wow all makes sense now

Btw read a great book about Argentina footy, it talks about how tactical innovations in the 1940's started in coffee shops in Budapest, how someone name Hirschl I believe is credited for the joga bonito style in Argentina & Brazil (was an acquaintance of Gutteman I believe, might've left Europe cause of match fixing). Not only did he improve the Argentine's tactically but physically too, he used methods from basketball and other sports I think. Read this a few months ago so memory a bit hazy but that's the gist of it.

Ukraine is not only the cradle of Slavdom but also of European Jewish culture.

#cradelingthechosenpeople
lol hardly

#cradleofisrael
#judapest
#13thtribe
#biggestsynagogue
#pulamare
#kosherpork
I mean might not be at the level of the Hungarians but still very rich history. Israeli national anthem with that beautiful melody can only be from The Cradle, just like the epic harmony of the Ukraine & Russia national anthems, too much soulfulness for non-Cradlers to comprehend. Hungarian anthem probably sounds kinda weird, all serious no flavor #thecradle #juice #vitaminc

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
My top 5 Hungarian military leaders:

5.Louis the Great

Mightiest Hungarian king until no.3

4.Arpad

The country's founding father

3.Matei Corvin

Most illustrious Hungarian monarch of all time

2.Paul Cneazul

Matei Corvin's greatest general

1.Iancu de Hunedoara

Outstanding general who repelled the Ottomans

Honorable Mention:

Attila the Hun

Not really Hungarian but sort of.

·
Registered
55,889 Posts
My top 5 Hungarian military leaders:

5.Louis the Great

Mightiest Hungarian king until no.3

4.Arpad

The country's founding father

3.Matei Corvin

Most illustrious Hungarian monarch of all time

2.Paul Cneazul

Matei Corvin's greatest general

1.Iancu de Hunedoara

Outstanding general who repelled the Ottomans

Honorable Mention:

Attila the Hun

Not really Hungarian but sort of.
whabbout Könyves Kálmán? my fav king. great Renaissance man, very educated and read, also a great military leader.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
whabbout Könyves Kálmán? my fav king. great Renaissance man, very educated and read, also a great military leader.
He was great indeed. Surpassed only by Corvin in my books but the list was strictly about martial affairs.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts