Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
55,889 Posts
seems we may have won the election in the country I won‘t say the name of

if true, the country could finally be ruled by its founding fathers for the first time

Pula Mare!

·
Master Debater
20,651 Posts
Hmmmm

how about those obscure goat-herders in the North Caucasus...? sorry, it's been a while so I forgot the name...
Not sure why that is relevant. I never claimed they were the "most interesting people in the world."

But yea, we're a lot more interesting than these so-called Maygars.

·
Registered
69,078 Posts
A Hungarian was in command of the Garibaldi Guard regiment during the Civil War :drunk: Though most of the men were German and Hungarian despite using the Garibaldi name and Italian flag. Of course he was court martialed midway through the war for fraud :lala:

Frederick George D'Utassy was born in Zala Nagy Kalirsa, Hungary on November 26, 1827. He had a shrouded past as there is no official data and his alleged early life is only on his own testimony. On his own account he served as a Lieutenant in the Austrian Army, but defected to the Hungarian revolutionaries in the Hungarian Revolution of 1848, in whose service he attained the rank of Major and was captured and sentenced to death, on which destiny he escaped to the Ottoman Empire. He traveled to Greece and Italy, and in 1855 to England and Nova Scotia. He allegedly worked as a cavalry instructor, a secretary and a dancing teacher. He was appointed a professor of foreign languages at Dalhousie College in Halifax in 1855, as he spoke (at least) English, Hungarian, German, Spanish, French, and Italian. In October 1860 he moved to New York City.

My photo from Gettysburg a few years back but he didn't serve there

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I live in America's Finest City, and it's certainly that. Mexican forces were pushed out of California in 1848-1849, and the state became part of the Union in 1850.

Guess who was the first sheriff in San Diego, and who brought Old World viticulture to the Golden State with parent Tokaj grapes which lead in time to the state being a premier producer and cultivator of the best wines on the New World?

Count Haraszty, this count is a legend, a real Renaissance man,

·
Registered
55,889 Posts
finally, biatches, we took our country back

#makeisraelmagyaragain
#mima

it‘s basically a south Hungry and now has the proper chief of government

no other nation had a bigger impact on that desert strip than we had, from the idea of it, to the IDF, the Mossad, martial arts, journalism, magic, literature, science, politics. too bad they don’t have magyar as official language but that unlearnable made-up lingo

81 - 100 of 130 Posts