Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the build up to Liverpool v Arsenal I hear the same olf sh!t being branded about. Liverpool are a CL side, Benitez tactically is superior for European games than EPL games etc etc. While Arsenal are a young team, who will fall down to the mighty Liverpool CL team.

That said of course, Arsenal knocked out an even superior CL team than Liverpool... Arsenal knocked out AC Milan and could have done so even more comfortably than they did. With Arsenal at home first again, there is a chance for them to repeat their tactical game plan against Liverpool, as they did with Milan.

I know and I respect that Liverpool reached 2 CL finals in 3 seasons under Benitez, but even then a football match, or a CL two legged tie, is based on 180 mins of football, not some super natural fate which already decides that Liverpool is a CL team so they must go through. Lets not forget in these three years, Arsenal reached a CL final aswell, they beat Real Madrid, Juventus and Villareal on route to the final... which was quite impressive. That same season Liverpool went out to Benfica. Yeah, maybe not only a CL team then. The fact remains either Liverpool or Arsenal will go through and either of them can beat each other, but I cant stand to hear any more about Liverpool will go through just because they have a manager superior for European games. Arsenal play Liverpool every year in the EPL and more often than nor beat them. Arsenal are not the same proposition as Chelsea in the CL. Wenger is not the same as Mourinho. While Jose wanted to make the Chelsea-Liverpool games the most boring Semi-Finals in the history of the CL, Wenger will allow this Arsenal team to play the way just as they normally do, maybe some more caution in the first leg and try to keep a CS, but they will want to win with style all the same. The fact is, this game will be decided on luck, fortune, and the football that is played on the pitch.

So I hope it is the end of this crap that Liverpool will win because they have experience of the CL and are a CL team. Yeah like that did AC Milan any favours.

·
Banned
3,390 Posts
Liverpool is a shit team but Arsenal are CL chokers. I predict Liverpool to win although they are absolute shit.

PS: Liverpool are shit.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
It's difficult to give priority to both the league and CL I suppose. Who can blame them really? CL is the biggest thing there is in club football.

in my opinion Liverpool dont have the squad to win both

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well one must not forget Liverpool are only prioritising on the CL because they did sh!t in the league through out January. Its not as if after November when Liverpool finally qualified Benitez decided they must go for the CL. Also by the time Arsenal play Liverpool, the league may be out of their reach aswell.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean Liverpool in some ways are quite lucky, or at least Benitez is, their season hasnt been that great for the squad they have. I believe potentially Liverpool have the second best squad in the EPL, maybe need 1 or 2 adjustments, but its a very good team. Beating Inter gave Benitez some rest, but they got lucky. Inter played in 10 for 90 minutes of them games and also if there was a good time to play Inter it was then... they had either many injuries, or many players just getting over injuries. Arsenal is totally different to Inter and Liverpool did not only beat Inter because 'they are a CL team'.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Just a cup team, like Yeovil.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
Rafa has 2 champions league finals something which Cucumber Nose Ferguson hasn't achieved in in 22 years.

That is all I'm saying because I know alot of mancs will be here like flies to shit.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
Well one must not forget Liverpool are only prioritising on the CL because they did sh!t in the league through out January. Its not as if after November when Liverpool finally qualified Benitez decided they must go for the CL. Also by the time Arsenal play Liverpool, the league may be out of their reach aswell.
We went out of the league title reconing in December.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
They do well in the CL because they are willing to work hard and fight for everything against the bigger teams. When it comes to the smaller teams of the EPL - they don't have the same quality as man u/chelsea to grind out important 1-0 wins.
Plus they can't win against Man U/Chelsea in the league either.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Rafa has 2 champions league finals something which Cucumber Nose Ferguson hasn't achieved in in 22 years.

That is all I'm saying because I know alot of mancs will be here like flies to shit.
Sorry, I should have said a 'decent' cup team.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
They might be a good CL team but for all the wrong reasons, by playing horrible football.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts

Say that all you want but Manuel could stay where he is for the next 25 years and he won't come anywhere near Fergie's record, and you know it.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
So I hope it is the end of this crap that Liverpool will win because they have experience of the CL and are a CL team
Deano, there is no such thing as a sure win, otherwise bookies will not take bets.

but people say what they say... its also true that Benitez is making them good in CLs

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
People call Chelsea boring & accuse them of playing pathetic football, but Liverpool has been worse for the past few years. Very very ordinary, to put it in a mild way.

That said, I want them to beat the duffers in the CL quarters.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
That said of course, Arsenal knocked out an even superior CL team than Liverpool... Arsenal knocked out AC Milan and could have done so even more comfortably than they did. With Arsenal at home first again, there is a chance for them to repeat their tactical game plan against Liverpool, as they did with Milan.

Wenger is not the same as Mourinho. While Jose wanted to make the Chelsea-Liverpool games the most boring Semi-Finals in the history of the CL, Wenger will allow this Arsenal team to play the way just as they normally do, maybe some more caution in the first leg and try to keep a CS, but they will want to win with style all the same. The fact is, this game will be decided on luck, fortune, and the football that is played on the pitch.

So I hope it is the end of this crap that Liverpool will win because they have experience of the CL and are a CL team. Yeah like that did AC Milan any favours.
Milan are poor in general this season. Last season, you really couldn't compare their league form and UCL form because they were given that point reduction punishment. This season they are just crap and were rightfully knocked out by Arsenal.

Oh please, Liverpool had all to with Chelsea-Liverpool ties being so boring in the UCL. Liverpool don't exactly play the beautiful game or have a squad that can. They are a talented squad, but they play with no chemistry. I hate watching them play, having to see Gerrard come up the field with his weird technique and launch a ball 30 meters out into the stands.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Holy crap will you lot quit bitching!!!!
Sounds like we have a very worried Arsenal fan on here, I mean why dont you worry about your own preperation for the game and not worry about our record in the Champs League.

We have a manager that for some reason does better in the CL than the Premier League, do I wish this was the case? No but it is and we always seem to bring our game up in these big CL games.
You lot seem to think we have only managed a couple of fluky wins in the last 3 years but look at the teams we have beaten

Inter Milan
Chelsea (2)
AC Milan (whatever you wanna whine about we DID win)
Juventus
PSV
Barcelona

These are no mug teams and we managed to get the better of them.
Dont get me wrong I am very worried about playing Arsenal, they are a great team and could go on and win it all. I mean they did get to the final a couple of years ago, so they have the players that know what to do. (Unlike Utd, not sure if any of them know what a Champs League final is)

Liverpool are a team that demands respect in the CL and I think most teams would not want to play them.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.