Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Italians bad losers or do they practice in a knock out competition with Argentina? In the light of Italys ignominious cup campaign and the sacking of the Korean who played for Peruggia, plus the 400.000 emails sent to FIFA, plus the paronoic conspiracy theories spewing forthwith do you think the Italians fans can't take losing? Why is it so hard to lose to Korea? I sympathised to a large extent with the Italian position initially but this bad feeling spoils the competion and seems to border on racism. Post your views on this contraversial topic, I am keen to hear an Italian wish the Koreans well in the spirit of true sportsmanship.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Look whos talking????

The ones who moaned and cried to hell about the Hand of God and simeons dive in 98 ....

Go try to get a life

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People in some confusion....

I didn't care about those incidents, I do care about Wales missing out again getting to a major finals.

English supporters moaned about these incidents but of course they don't moan about the goal that wasn't in '66!
However the Italian reaction is well over the top, I am suprised you disagree with me. The reaction wont overturn the decision. My point is my sympathy for Italy and the incompetant refereeing disapeared with the extreme whinging.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Our behaviour after the S Korea match has been unheraled. We are ready to accept defeat when we have lost fair and sqaure, but after MORE bad decisions against us, I think we are well within our rights to kick up a bit of a fuss. I do concede that the response has been over the top and won't win us any friends.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i think any team lost on unfair circumstances has the right to do what ever!!!
italians have the right to get pissed.
really poor ref.
he should be banned.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Any nation who suffer 5 disallowed goals or should we say 1 disallowed goal (Fifa agreed) and 4 goal scoring opportunities in 4 games should be allow to voice their displessure, no? Or is the number too insignificance :eek: Is it stated in the rule book somewhere that it must be over ... say like 20 times in 4 games before you have a legitimate claim that something remotely strange is going on?

Give the Italians a break please! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
46,356 Posts
Thank you jscho, but talking to Englishmen is like talking to a wall, they just see England... and they hate Italy cause we won 3 WCs (and in particular those of 34 and 38, when they snobbed the WCs,.... they should blame their grandparents not Italy), Germany (cause they are so stupid that they think to be in the 2nd World War yet...), Argentina (because of Malvinas), France, Turkey and some other teams.... for other reasons.

Maybe they hate Spain because of some colonial questions of the XVII century too.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Frankly, I tired of people who do not feel the pain of their team loss thru' deceit come here to tell you not to be a sore loser cos the 'better' team won. Just cos the Koreans run a lot. :mad: What bull****!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Historical point of information!

How did Italy win one of those glorious world cup victories?(In- Italy in 1934)
In 1934 in the Quarter final against Spain Italy fouled the Spanish goalkeeper so badly he couldn't play in the replay the following day. In the replay four, yes four Spanish players where fouled so badly they couldn't carry on playing. (The Swiss ref was later suspended) In the Semi final the Italians scored the winner against Poland when the Polish gaolkeeper was injured and lying down. Finally the Italians had 4 Argentinian players who had PLAYED for Argentina in the 1930 finals (where Argentina of course where runners up)
I support Wales and I am tired of someone telling me I am a closet England supporter just becuse I disagree with him, I would say that you would be on stronger ground complaining about weird WC refereeing if you clearly had not benefited from home advantage in the same way that S Korea had.
PS Michael Owen should really play for Wales! I really dislike this attitude that you can decide where my loyalties lay because I happen to disaree with you, it is petulant, offensive and seems to conform with the sterotype of irrational fiery "win at all costs" Italian mentality.

·
Registered
46,356 Posts
As I told you before, dear jscho, the Englishmen can't stand our victories in 1934 and 1938 and I think that they will moan until the next ice age. They are so boring....

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
ToniSamp said:
talking to Englishmen is like talking to a wall, they just see England...

...Post Colonial Syndrome as usual.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
No, I don't think they are. Well, they might be, but I think anyone would be in an uproar after being cheated out of a victory like both the Italians and Spaniards were. The referees have been scandalous in this World Cup.

True, both Italy and Spain were very inefficient and should have scored more goals, but it doesn't change the fact that both teams should have won their games against the Korea Republic if the refs had followed the rules.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Re: People in some confusion....

talkballs said:
I didn't care about those incidents, I do care about Wales missing out again getting to a major finals.

English supporters moaned about these incidents but of course they don't moan about the goal that wasn't in '66!
However the Italian reaction is well over the top, I am suprised you disagree with me. The reaction wont overturn the decision. My point is my sympathy for Italy and the incompetant refereeing disapeared with the extreme whinging.
Hold on you want England fans to moan about that goal in 66? I think thats asking for a lot. Thats about as likely as an Argentine moaning about the hand of god. Get real!

When Wales get to go the World Cup and get knocked out in similar circumstances maybe then you can appreciate how some people feel. Having never ever been in our position and never likely to be either just take it from us that it stinks.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Italian/Spanish, English/Welsh, what's the difference? :devil:

·
Registered
238 Posts
ToniSamp said:
As I told you before, dear jscho, the Englishmen can't stand our victories in 1934 and 1938 and I think that they will moan until the next ice age. They are so boring....
Ah ha ha 1934 and 1938! that's like my grandfather time! Still even if you were robbed a long time ago doesn't make it right the perpetrator of that robbery are robbed now, 60 over years later, does it? Maybe I have different values, sorry.

:confused:

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I think the point he was making is pot calling the kettle black;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts