Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, tonight, Inter played stupendously and deservedly won. They give a very impressive performance, very concrete in midfield and solid at the back and cynical up front. Overall, Mancini's squad gave a perfectly tactically executed performance at the Delle Empti.

Now, looking at both teams and rosters, at least from a neutral point of view, it seems or rather appears that Inter may have the better team, deeper depth and overall better player. What Inter is lacking, is consistency and a healthy atmosphere to work in and stable management. Once Inter could do this, they would be a force to reckon with.

Goak keeping and defence, Juve are better, but in midfield and attack along with the bench players, Inter are clearly the better equiped side.

I believe that Inter's position at 3rd and 11 points away from the co-leaders is not a true reflection of their true worth. IMHO, Inter are a better team than Juve, at least in pure talent and man for man. HOwever, as a team, and cohesive unit, Juve have the edge. But for how long? I as a Milanista, would fear Inter more next season.

What do you make of this? Do you agree that Inter are better than Juve?

Cheers.;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
No. Juventus deserve to be where they are right now. They didn't just fly up to the top of the table. They got there by winning games and not tying and losing, while Inter tied many many games it could have won. They will rightly take the Scudetto as the best that the Serie A has to offer on May 27th.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
San Siro said:
Well, tonight, Inter played stupendously and deservedly won. They give a very impressive performance, very concrete in midfield and solid at the back and cynical up front. Overall, Mancini's squad gave a perfectly tactically executed performance at the Delle Empti.

Now, looking at both teams and rosters, at least from a neutral point of view, it seems or rather appears that Inter may have the better team, deeper depth and overall better player. What Inter is lacking, is consistency and a healthy atmosphere to work in and stable management. Once Inter could do this, they would be a force to reckon with.

Goak keeping and defence, Juve are better, but in midfield and attack along with the bench players, Inter are clearly the better equiped side.

I believe that Inter's position at 3rd and 11 points away from the co-leaders is not a true reflection of their true worth. IMHO, Inter are a better team than Juve, at least in pure talent and man for man. HOwever, as a team, and cohesive unit, Juve have the edge. But for how long? I as a Milanista, would fear Inter more next season.

Cheers.;)

man i think xt management should change ur post numbers to one after this post :D

only one smile :eek: has the world finally come to an end or what ?

·
International
8,545 Posts
It would be more accurate if Inter and Juve swapped positions. Gotta give credit to Juve for winning games but they don't have the quality to be where they are. They have a great defence but little more. The midfield is nothing exceptional and plays like that while up front they have key players who don't perform.

Inter have their own problems starting with their jinx. Nothing seems to go right for them. Maybe next season will go better as Mancini will have that first season under his belt. He's inexperienced and that hurts.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
And another incredibly biased post written by the dunderhead himself, San Siro.

·
Registered
61,194 Posts
San Siro said:

Cheers.;)
Firstly I'd like to salute you because your post is meaningful and respectful (for once.)

We've dropped some points early on in the season thanks to school boy defending. We've drawn games that we totally dominated and that's due to two things.

Luck, or lack thereof, and changing personnel every week. Now we're settled and you can see the results arriving as a consequence.

Inter doesn't need to change much in the summer. As you indicated in your post, we're strong in midfield and attack. Any player signed in those two departments must be a super star, a player that can change games on his own, otherwise we should not buy anyone at all.

All we need is a quality centre-back to partner Cordoba and that's about it. If we can sign Chivu (quite possible as Roma are in deep shit at the moment) then we're set. :shades:

We do play better football than Juve (who doesn't ?) but they're the more compact bunch.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Well for me the table lies and it has done since September, Inter should never be this far behind and they have been a stronger team than Juve this season, Performancewise ofcourse and not resultswise.

But fair play to Juve, They got the results and at the end of the day its a results business.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy said:
And another incredibly biased post written by the dunderhead himself, San Siro.
Sorry if my post doesn't sound like music to your demanding ears dude...:eek: All appologies!:)

Looking at things objectively, Inter have the basis to build something good which could eventually and with lots of persistence, patience and perseverance, turn finally into something winning.

I am not taking anything away from Juve, who are a well known machine at winning games, specially against the minor teams. And that's where scudetti are won and lost.

One would realize that Inter have evolved a bit in the sence that under Cuper (may god bless him whereever he ends up!:stuckup: ), Inter were getting the job against the smaller teams, however, they were lacklustre against the top teams. If my memory is not playing tricks on me, during the 2002-03 season, among the top 54 (Milan, Juve, Inter, Roma and Lazio), Inter were the team that managed the least points in the face to face against each other.

However, under Mancini, it seems the opposite. Inter is getting the job done against the big guns but are struggling against the minows and that's where most of the points were dropped and hence, this not so much proud record of highest number of ties in a season. If Inter could find the right balance, then they'd be a force to truly reckon with.

Is Mancio the right man to do that? I don't know. No one knows. For a coach to be objectively and fairly judged, he would need at least 3 seasons: 1st season to get familiar and accustomed with the team/società and environnment; 2nd season to start building a team as he wishes to and finally, the 3rd season should be the moment of truth.

Milan were smart enough to give time to Carletto and we're seeing the fruits this wise policy. Will Inter have for once the patience and vision to carry to its term such a policy? That is the million dollar question. :)

Cheers.;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Wow...is this really San Siro?

I'm impressed.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
San Siro said:

hit it on the head. surprisingly humble and gracious for a milanista. respect. :)

We are not better than Juve. Why? "consistency and a healthy atmosphere to work in and stable management" as you so perfectly stated.

Anything and everything we do is just a shadow, a glimpse of what we can do given the right conditions so far.

·
va' fancul
1,922 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Inter doesn't need to change much in the summer. As you indicated in your post, we're strong in midfield and attack. Any player signed in those two departments must be a super star, a player that can change games on his own, otherwise we should not buy anyone at all.
I disagree. Inter's midfield is ok in both production and consistency, but its definitely nothing spectacular.

Veron was really doing it in the first quarter of the season, his sublime passing and offensive expertise really gave Inter that edge when going forward but recently the guy has really flopped; not to mention he was completely obysmal against Milan.

When a team attacks (that is to say any x team) you either get the creative movement from a numero10 player, or wingers. Modern football has indicated that either can work and winning teams must formulate their strategies with this concept in mind.

Now Inter must decide what direction to take in the transfer market i.e.

creative wingers: Ricardo Queresma, Vicente, Joaquin, Robinho, Marchionni, Mancini, Lunjberg etc.

Creative forwards: Aimar, Veron, Recoba, Totti, Cassano, Rosicky, Riquelme, Alex

The contracts of these players must be examined and reviewed if Inter is to make any real impact on their current line-up. Once that happens then the real show can start.

I know you guys are not gonna want to hear this, but before Inter starts dominating Serie A and/or CL, they must build their team for one simple/direct-purpose: defeating Milan. Once they can do that, then Inter can beat anybody.

Get ready for a transfer revolution, and have trust in Mancini; eventually he will bring results.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
canzano55 said:
I disagree. Inter's midfield is ok in both production and consistency, but its definitely nothing spectacular.

Veron was really doing it in the first quarter of the season, his sublime passing and offensive expertise really gave Inter that edge when going forward but recently the guy has really flopped; not to mention he was completely obysmal against Milan.

When a team attacks (that is to say any x team) you either get the creative movement from a numero10 player, or wingers. Modern football has indicated that either can work and winning teams must formulate their strategies with this concept in mind.

Now Inter must decide what direction to take in the transfer market i.e.

creative wingers: Ricardo Queresma, Vicente, Joaquin, Robinho, Marchionni, Mancini, Lunjberg etc.

Creative forwards: Aimar, Veron, Recoba, Totti, Cassano, Rosicky, Riquelme, Alex

The contracts of these players must be examined and reviewed if Inter is to make any real impact on their current line-up. Once that happens then the real show can start.

I know you guys are not gonna want to hear this, but before Inter starts dominating Serie A and/or CL, they must build their team for one simple/direct-purpose: defeating Milan. Once they can do that, then Inter can beat anybody.

Get ready for a transfer revolution, and have trust in Mancini; eventually he will bring results.

:thumbsup:

great post.

inter's team beating milan is very true too. milan have the most complete team in serie a. at least the milan of last season.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Dude, I Like your points, but honestly, we weren't that close off from beating Milan....a GK or lucky clearnace or two, and its a different game...:confused:

We had more chances, we had great shots saved, what else could you ask from us?

·
va' fancul
1,922 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Dude, I Like your points, but honestly, we weren't that close off from beating Milan....a GK or lucky clearnace or two, and its a different game...:confused:

We had more chances, we had great shots saved, what else could you ask from us?
I'm not here to call anyone delusional, but Milan deserved to go through in the Champions League, end of story.

I'm not a typical Inter hating Milan fan, infact I actually admire Inter. They're one of the most unique squads in European football, and with that said, I think anyone (Inter fan or not) can give some insight into why they are struggling.

With the capital backing not to mention a gigantic well of resources, Inter should b e bringing in the results.

My interpretation is simple: aim for spectacular football, and see what you get. With Lazio Mancini was able to produce exception football with titles; why should Inter be any different.

Look at some of the amazing players out there: Torres, Robinho, Hleb, Pizarro, Ledesma, Essien, Menghi etc. and start investing! Past aquisitions were bad because Inter always had a bad mentality which was heaping all this preassure on the coaches to get results right away. I say shame on Moratti for being so impulsive, instead he should act like any noble christian would and have patience with his Inter brothers.

If I was an Inter fan right now, I'd be jumping out of my socks in excitement because INter is about to introduce some fantastic players in Serie A next year, an they're gonna be wicked to watch!

·
Registered
95 Posts

Very true. Inter fans seem to be split on how Veron has performed for us this year but you summed it up pretty well. He was excellent in the first half of the season looking like the Veron of old but the second half of the season has been the complete opposite. Not only does he hold on to the ball much too long, he's a pretty shoddy defender. I hope Moratti was joking (or it was just made up) when he said he wanted to build around Seba. :nono:

Very good post as a whole and a good assesment of our midfield. It's refreshing to hear someone point out that even though we have some big names in the midfield it's nothing really amazing.... even if you are a Milanista. Some tweaking there and in the defense (particulary LB and another CB) is what Moratti needs to really look at this summer.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I think our midfield is fine. We don't need a perfect midfield. Its good enough for me. It gets the job done. Just get rid of Seba and get a real playmaker and I'll be happy.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
How our attitude of Veron has changed since the start of the season. At the beginning when he was dominating and controlling most of our midfield plays, we admired him and though that he may be the one to solve our playmaker problems. But in recent times Veron has been critisised, and i think it would be right to say that he has changed his style of football since the beginning of the season. I think Veron is being pressured to do it "all" , he knows that Mancini really rates him and expects him to perform every match. ATM Seba is just doing to much, when he recieves the ball, if he were to stick to the way he played at the start of the season i dont think a new playmaker is needed.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I just can't rest an emerging Inter on an aging veteran who can only get worse, rather than better.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts