Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all Brazilians:

First of all I would like to say how much I admire and respect your team. You play the best football in the world and have some of the greatest players of all time.

I am Italian/English and will be supporting England when we play Brazil in the quarter finals. I think we will find it difficult to beat brazil, and am very scared of Riva and Ron.

Do you think England has a chance against the Samba Boyz, or will Brazil win easily???

Di'Raggio

PS: I love Pele but Maradona IS THE GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME! (Sorry, but I think he was better than Pele)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
yes, england can beat brazil. england is one of the best teams in the world, without question, and has a couple of the world's most exciting players. owen, beckham and maybe scholes could win the game single-handedly if brazil does not play well.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Can England beat Brazil? To answer your question yes we can, i feel that the team that wins this match will carry on and win the world cup, sort of a winner takes all scenerio :)

I Will be waiting eagerly for this game come Friday :)

Our Defence is rock solid it will be interesting to see a team break it down for once :tongue:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Di maggio,
first of all, please take your maradona crap somewhere else!

And of course engalnd can beat brazil...... they din't reach teh quarter finals for nothing!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Of course England can beat Brazil. It is one of the great classics of world football. It will be a difficult game (here in Brasil on Friday 3:30 AM), but IMHO a great one. The best attack against the best defense.

There will be a few problems for both sides. England does not have a proficient attack with Owen (only 5 goals scored so far), but without...:rolleyes: And Brazil has a heart-stopping defense:scared:

I'm hoping for a good game. The best Brazil has faced so far.

And may the best team win. And may it come home to Rio bringing its 5th cup with it.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Welcome to Xtratime, Cariboca! Your team choice is less than inspired, but hey, to each his own. ;)

This game is reeeeeeeally getting me nervous. And 3:30 AM isn't a good time, is it? The only reason it doesn't bother me more is something I read, said by a Japanese football fan: "In every Cup, we have to stay up at awful hours to be able to watch. This is the best Cup ever!"

Well, I can certainly understand how he feels... :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Each to his own team, Garrincha. Each to his own. You certainly cannot say your team is better off than mine, even though both are certainly deep down in the hole they dug.

Yeah, the time is awful, but hopefully the 2010 World Cup will be much better: here in Brazil!:D ;) :D

I am also very nervous about this game. :nervous: This will probably be one of the best matches in this cup, if not the best. I believe that the winner of this match will go on to win the Cup. But who knows? There is certainly room for surprises.

There is one way to ease the nervousness: get a beer!:drunk:

See y'all after the game.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hi guys,welcome Cariboca, I am just a little bit nervous also but mostly calm.Yeah,3:30am is not a good time but like me,if you start drinking now by 3:30 you should in good shape.

Abraços

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
today is the one day i choose organisation and discipline over flair and style.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Welcome Cariboca,

Btw, Ricardo Teixeira is saying that there is big chances of us getting the cup, as the South Africans voted against Blatter in the FIFA election;) :cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thank you for your welcome, kaiserh and Ze da Fiel.

Oh, the hangover. :hangover: Thankfully the next games are during breakfast. I am hoping Cafu breaks the record and is present in 3 WC finals in a row.

And I burned my tongue on my very first post.

Brazil's attack won over England's defense, but our defense was very solid - except for Lucio's flagrant mistake in England's goal, for which he made up afterward. I was shocked to see how well we were playing with 10 on the field. Makes one hope -- maybe we'll have another :star: to decorate our jersey?! :D

The ref didn't have to send off Ronaldinho, IMO. A yellow card was in order, but the foul wasn't that violent. We are going to miss the kid next game. :moan: :sob:

All in all it was good. And we have 2 more games to go ;)

Bye, England. See you in 2006.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Welcome to the best spot on Xtratime, the Brazilian soccer forum. It's great to have you here without a doubt, so tell us more about yourself and offcourse Rio de Janeiro.

I deffinately give all my hope to the Captain on making his 3rd appearence in the finals and I am confident that we'll see him break the record, he deserves it. I'd give him the most consistent award for his performances in the World Cup so far for us.

Tihihihi, we were miles ahead of England like Ze da fiel said in some post of his and that was by far our best game, even without Ronaldinho playing with 10 men. I am so proud of our players and how they handled such great amount of pressure, they were down a goal and could have easily gave up. :proud:

Ronaldinho's sending off will be reviewed and everything so I've heard they will give us a final word on if he'll have to miss the game or not, let's hope for the best. :)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I've got to agree with you, Ze.

I don't know if the Braziilian media have said that Ronaldinho's sending off is being reviewed and he might not miss the next game but have you heard about that? someone told me they saw it on soccernet.

Cheers,
Patrick

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
CBF will not complain, whic in my view is wrong...we should complain and try and get him for the semi's!

But oh well...our subs are good enough to replace Ronaldinho and put an even better performance out there!;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Having 'Luxury Reserves' is great, isn't it?

Ze da Fiel said:
But oh well...our subs are good enough to replace Ronaldinho and put an even better performance out there!;)
That's our big advantage IMO. While the opposing teams rarely have equally talented players to substitute their biggest stars, we have huge talents backing up almost everybody. Junior, Vampeta, Denilson, Ricardinho, Edilson, Juninho, Kaka, so many great players...

It must be very though to be a manager playing against Brazil: it's almost impossible to anticipate the substitutions the Brazilian coach will make. Other coaches usually have their own repertoire of "key" substitutes, players who are always fielded in basically all games, changes that work and are consistently repeated and relied upon.

I hope we do it this time, guys. We can win this Cup. The fifth star is closer than ever. Let's keep focused and calm. If Brazil plays like Brazil, there's no stopping us. :proud: :strong:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Ronaldo's rumours of missing out on this game are getting louder and louder and it's starting to really scare the hell out of me. I am pissed off that he's injured right now and he's looking like he's gonna have a repeat of World Cup 1998! :depress:

OK, I am getting more and more depressed thinking about this stuff. :cry::eek:

Cheers,
Patrick

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
GArrincha,
Exactly. Loko at France, they lost Zidane and they had WILTORD or a MICOUD:eek: , or even wosrt DJORKAEFF:eek: and even more pathetic DUGARRY:eek: :eek: .

Before the world ucp, this french friend of mine told me they had at least 2 per position, and taht they would cruise in the world cup. I told him we had four per position, excpet rightback, were we have 2 kids coming up (Gabriel and Leonardo) but the rest was pretty much up to statard. The guy din't believe me and starting laughing at my face.

I saw him in the Engalnd game, and just had to rub it in....what a nice feeling it was;) :D :D :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts