Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,211 Posts
Don’t forget Barca’s De La Fuente who plays for them in UYL.

For sure the US have promising prospects, no ones doubting that, but at grassroots level they are ****ing up a lot of things that would make them even better and churn out even more elite prospects. More academies following USSF standards would be a start, not to mention the pay to play issue still apparent in some areas/clubs more than other

And all that still has nothing to do with Canada’s growing success, as a Canadian whose lived and played in Florida for almost six years, you have to give us some credit lol. We’re far from ideal but improved in a lot of ways, CPL will hopefully grow over the years too and offer us even more options for professional youth development, the three MLS club academies, then the notable local clubs like Sigma that have helped develop quality players. Grassroots are still iffy but some interesting academies keep popping up here in Mississauga and the Greater Toronto area.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
To me Switzerland has surpassed Slovakia in hockey, more Swiss players in the NHL including a #1 overall pick and in general better results at international tournaments. While not a competitive team I believe hockey is more popular than football in Latvia
I concur , the development of Swiss hockey the past 10 years is incredible.
I was in Swtizerland this past February and was amazed with just how popular hockey is. There was a match on the tele just about every night, the merchandise is for sale just about everywhere. I asked some local Swiss which is more popular, hockey or football and the consensus was that in the cities it is definitely football (except maybe Bern where the two are side be side popular) but in the regions, hockey is likely the bigger draw.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,211 Posts
Pulisic hat trick btw lol

·
Registered
42,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
lol, pulisic with 2 goals today and got 1 assist v ajax, he was good in that game too

mckennie is a starter for schalke

dest is a starter for ajax(n will prolly play for the US)

adams is one of da best leizpig players

brooks is a starter for wolfsburg

I mean lets calm down here...they cant seem to stay health and play together ... let them get healthy first then lets talk:)

adams, brooks, dest, pulisic, mckennie would be too much for canada. heck, morris is turning into a good player.
2-0

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
There should have been a few yellows on Brooks earlier in the game, ref kept his whistle away when the US fouled. Penalty not called on clear foul and US run the other way to score. It turned 2-0 US and it was game over. Officiating ruined this one from being a really exciting match.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,211 Posts
All is back to normal. :coffee:
Canada is still going to surpass the US. Mark my words. Davies and David are better than anyone on the US, only Pulisic comes close

Canada is the football master race!!

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,211 Posts
Canada should be ranked 6th in the world rn

·
Registered
20,692 Posts
Need a "real" coach. FFs, the coach is the women's team coach.

Only in Canada could the women's coach become the men's coach.

·
Registered
20,692 Posts
Hope Croatia plays Canada in friendly leading up to Euro in Toronto. We will out number the Canadian fans 50 to 1. ;)

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,211 Posts

·
Registered
20,692 Posts
Don Cherry was right. :rolleyes:
Easy Jussie.

PS he was. Don't mistake thinking Canadian soccer is s.hit (it is but Davies and David up front are better than anything you guys have) to not loving the country. I am among the millions of Canadian hockey fans who always wildly celebrate kicking American and Rusky a.ss at the Olympics on the way to multiple Golds..)

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,211 Posts
Pulisic would be privileged to spit & shine Davies’ boots

·
Registered
20,692 Posts
Pulisic is better than anyone you have.
No way. Davies of Bayern is better already at 19. Plus the only reason this Chelsea bench warmer is even any good is because of his Croatian DNA. Sprinting like a chicken with his head cut off is what his American upbringing gets him...)

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,211 Posts
Bro, Pulisic is proven in Bundesliga and is currently in good form for Chelsea. This Davies dude is still a nobody.
let’s ask Ribéry what he thinks :howler:

Pulisic has had time, Davies adjusted really well this season and even played really well out of position, 90 mins games in CL now. He’s already started to make a name for himself, I give it a year or max two years before he surpasses him

Let it be known that I have ZERO bias :D

61 - 80 of 83 Posts