This Canada team would destroy the Magical Magyars

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,840 Posts

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
yes they can... in 2026
Hopefully I'll be there to watch Croatia at the WC in the US or maybe even kicking Canada's a.ss in Toronto should they meet here in some of the games Canada is allotted. ;)

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
PS nice win vs the Americans...Davies and David are better than anyone the US has and they are only teenagers still...and that even includes (in my humble opinion) their golden boy Pulisic...

As for Pulisic...no chance in hell he could play for Croatia even if he is eligible, not good enough. Has some speed but that's about it...no wonder he rides pine at Chelsea...

And to steal a line from a XT legend....and dare I say...

#weareCanada :tip:

·
Registered
19,706 Posts

·
Registered
68,848 Posts
This is the weakest player pool for the US since the early 90s. The MLS is becoming like the EPL in terms of foreigners playing in the league.

However this game was much more important for Canada than the US as they need results to go into the Hex

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,840 Posts
I can let you all in a secret we and Canadians have:

It's very very easy to compete in hockey. There are like five countries who play the sport.

This soccer thing is a bit trickier.
I’d say there’s 7 ‘major’ countries when it comes to hockey success & development:

Canada
Russia
Sweden
USA
Finland
Czech Republic
Slovakia

But then there’s also been an increased number of countries in more recent years with less success but should also be mentioned:
Norway, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Latvia, Belarus, Austria, France, Italy, Korea, Slovenia, Kazakhstan, GB, Poland, Hungary, Japan, Lithuania, Ukraine, Estonia, Romania, Netherlands, etc.

In total there’s 52 countries in the IIHF.

Of course that has nothing on football/soccer, or the incredible number of competitive teams in FIFA. Just think some people didn’t know this :p

·
1st Tier Poster
47,862 Posts
Germany winning silver in Pyongyang was unreal...and then Switzerland won silver in the WC this year.

Latvia and Belarus have also achieved top 8 finishes quite consistently during the last couple of decades.

Other countries not so much.

So basically there's like 11 countries where it's a serious sport.

·
Registered
68,848 Posts
To me Switzerland has surpassed Slovakia in hockey, more Swiss players in the NHL including a #1 overall pick and in general better results at international tournaments. While not a competitive team I believe hockey is more popular than football in Latvia

1 - 20 of 83 Posts