Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Qfwfg
575 Posts
If we go by your interpretation and accept that the Commission can just say they were protecting club interests and basically do anything under that cloak, then it renders the provision completely useless.
No, it doesn't. As the commission can't fire a treble winning coach and claim it was necessary to do it in the club's interest. Or shut down the academy and claim the same. Or any other similarly silly thing.

What it can claim however, very easily, is that the treble winning manager wanted such and such player and in two weeks Chelsea or whoever could've bid him away from under our noses so we took a necessary action to protect the club's interests.

It's not my interpretation, it's what they've already done, and I don't see the commission being disbanded or taken to court.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Maybe I'm the only one but i really like this signing, he is great technical player and im sure he is brought here to play in Iniesta's spot.. we could also use him instead of Pedro to sub either Reymar or Luisito... maybe the board should have waited for new president to be elected but anyways great signing.. specially knowing that he was Barca fan since he was 8..

here's a pic in 2002 when Barca beat Galatasaray away with the only goal from Luis Enrique and Arda was ballboy that time but he celebrated our goal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
extraterrestrial
1,859 Posts
^ No no Petri, im glad he is with us now, he seems to have had a Barca dream, and who am i , To bring him down for finally realizing it, make no mistake about it,

This dude will bring it day in day out, and having another fighter Like Luis Suarez in midfield is never a bad thing, and his spirit & passion for the club, will rub off those who contemplate on slacking it next season!:nono:

Was only Bartomeou's shady ways and the figures attached to it, that raised a few eye barrows about this transfer. but all in all, hey im happy to have Arda Turan in the squad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Arda's first interview on finally living the dream!

"It's incredible, I've always had a dream of playing for Barca," he told Mundo Deportivo.

"Having grown accustomed to suffering against players like Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Iniesta, now I have the honour of playing alongside them. Messi is the best in the world and Iniesta is my idol."

Arda, who was linked with a handful of Europe's top clubs after telling Atletico he would not extend his stay at Vicente Calderon, admits he could barely contain his excitement when he learned of Luis Enrique's interest.

"Once I heard of Barca's interest, I couldn't sleep until yesterday, when the signing was made official. I was on holiday but I called my agent every day to ask if the deal was closed," he said. "I couldn't get Barca out of my head.:proud:

"Luis Enrique called me yesterday to welcome me. It was a great gesture, I'm very happy."

The former Galatasaray winger's move contains a clause which would allow the next president of Barcelona - to be decided on July 18 - to sell him back to Atletico for a 10 per cent loss should he be considered surplus to demands.

Arda, however, is not worried by the prospect.

"I respect all the candidates. All I'm thinking about is that Barca are my dream and, if they want me and I want them, there's nothing to talk about," he added.

·
extraterrestrial
1,859 Posts
He organized his own mini presentation selfie, Dude couldn't bother with all that stadium fandom stuff!

He's here now so welcome on board, and to Becko & Rahmi Koç you better pick up the tab on this one!

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Cool fella.

Arda is a frame reinforcement, he will strengthen our club so it won't be torn apart by the centrifugal forces of Lucho's rotations.

Last year, we saw an excellent energy distribution and season end peaking. Imagine Arda in the mix.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I must say I have completely talked myself into the Arda signing now and he says all the right things. I don't agree with the process that got him here, but he is here and I hope he does really well.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Arda's first interview on finally living the dream!
Link?

Cool fella.

Arda is a frame reinforcement, he will strengthen our club so it won't be torn apart by the centrifugal forces of Lucho's rotations.

Last year, we saw an excellent energy distribution and season end peaking. Imagine Arda in the mix.
I think we saw too many rotations in the first half of the season. Rotating to an extent is essential, but I don't think Lucho got it right until the back half of the season.

Turan is a talented player to be sure. He adds depth to our team which to an extent is always welcome. However I think this will have Lucho rotating more and certain players like Rafinha and possibly Pedro will be held back as a result even if Turan offers nothing more than they do. So rotations could very well be even more of an issue than not.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I must say I have completely talked myself into the Arda signing now and he says all the right things. I don't agree with the process that got him here, but he is here and I hope he does really well.
:thumbsup:

The way some are talking, you would think that we made another Vermaelen/Douglas type of signing, both sporting and financial wise.

Arda was a key member of the Atletico team that went unbeaten over a whole season against Barca and won the league, a team that made Real their personal slaves for the first time in years, and a team that almost conquered everything if not for an unfortunate slip up in the CL final a year ago.

The desire he has to play here and the kind of characteristics he brings to us also has to be a plus in anybody's book. We're signing a quality player to improve our squad and all people can talk about is Bartomeu this, Bartomeu that even though he was Lucho's recommendation. Give me a break.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Yeah, sort of what I was saying in reply Mr Zappa. He's not a bad signing and possibly even at that price, but how necessary is he and will canteranos suffers as a result. I was on another site and something was essentially writing off Rakitic next Summer already! I can't see that happening, but if Turan does go through and say we do sign Pogba we'll have a lot of players in midfield.

·
extraterrestrial
1,859 Posts
Here is a nice story and tube-link for ya!

Simeone has gradually built him up to the point that he is now a relentless, effective ball winner. Appropriately for a man who has cited Muhammad Ali as one of his idols, Turan stung off the ball as well as he floated on it.

It was Javier Mascherano’s own sting that summed up just how much of a threat the Atletico man had been. In the 60th minute, Gabi played the ball through to Turan on the half-way line and just as the attacker strode forward and was beginning to reach full flight, Mascherano cleared him out with a harsh two-footed tackle that stopped him dead in his tracks at the expense of a yellow card. Paradoxically, it was the highest compliment the Argentine could pay his opponent; until that point the Barcelona man had largely been tidy in his defending, yet on this occasion, he wasn’t willing to allow Turan the chance to run at Barcelona in space, and had to resort to any means necessary.

A much more orthodox compliment for Turan came at the final whistle. As the teams applauded, shook hands and went through the usual formalities, the Turk was pictured being beckoned to by Lionel Messi. The Atletico man wanted Messi's shirt, but Messi wanted his in return. The two number 10s exchanged red and white stripes for red and yellow stripes amidst laughter and mutual admiration. Even the world's greatest player knew the night belonged to the man from Istanbul, not him. For yet another week, Atletico and Barcelona were inseparable, yet one man stood out above the rest. Not the man most would have expected, though."

He also praised the Argentine after a game between Atletico Madrid and Barça. "Leo Messi is not from this world. He's an extraterrestrial. For me, without doubt, he is the best player in the histroy of the game," Arda said after changing shirts with the Barça No.10.

Source Sport.es

watch?v=50XzyvyDwvU

·
Registered
427 Posts
Arda is a great player, he improves the squad and adds versatility. The price may be high, but we are a buying club, we weakened are direct rival and we have the resources to buy big - if this was the missing piece of the puzzle that Lucho requested, so be it.

Plus, we finished our transfer dealings before any other club, despite the transfer ban and lack of leadership. I'm happy about that.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
+ he is the only player in the history of the game to throw a boot into referee and only get a yellow :p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Congrats, guys! I've always been a keen admirer of him.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Any chance Arda and Vidal could play in the B team for half a season before we can register them just to ensure that they stay match fit and sharp come January? Whilst of course balancing other responsibilities like training regularly with the first team and gelling into the squad.

It would be tough for them to come in after playing no competitive football for half a year and for them to get ample amounts of playing time especially as January onwards there is less room to rotate and less risks can be afforded either. I know Barca B's relegation makes it harder to probably convince them to play there for a while, but better to play in the third division than not at all isn't it?

·
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Can't register players for Barca B either.

If you think about it, it's only 6-7 weeks more than Suarez's ban.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
An expensive signing but regardless an important signing.

I've mentioned before it was amazing we survived champions league and ended up with a title.

Our team has a lethal strike force, the best in the world, but we need to have enough depth in midfield to take full advantage of it. Compare our midfield with that of Bayern Munich's. They have massive depth (a bit extra too).

Xavi ran out of gas and he's now officially gone. This leaves Iniesta as our primary creative option. Rakitic is quite balanced but we still need at least one extra option.

Iniesta and Rakitic are our only creative players. Should anything happen to either one of them, we'd be in deep shit as Busquets is just a DM, and Mascherano usually happens to fill the CB spot more times than not. We're quite thin in this regard...

Pogba would be a nice signing but nothing is ever guaranteed, it is great to have at least some kind of additional creative midfielder to fill the void.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
At the end of the day, Xavi left, and this chap came in. We need to maintain a strong midfield, and this guy fits the Enrique mold to a tee - an aggressive battler who puts in a ton of work, but who also has the skill to handle playing on our pitch.

·
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
9c1CTpzPQBw

He seems genuinely chuffed to be here.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
:thumbsup:

Arda was a key member of the Atletico team that went unbeaten over a whole season against Barca and won the league, a team that made Real their personal slaves for the first time in years, and a team that almost conquered everything if not for an unfortunate slip up in the CL final a year ago.
How on earth would a team make another team a "personal slave" if they lost the CL final to them in a season, and got knocked out by them in the quarter final in the next season :cecco:

A tough nut to crack ? Yes of course, but a personal slave ? wow

41 - 60 of 82 Posts