Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had clear photos or knowledge of what the 1973 Ararat Yerevan shirt/jersey actually looked like.

According to wikipedia, it's navy blue with a red collar. But I don't know much else...all the photos are black and white and blurred.

Also; does anyone know what crest/symbol was used in 1973? Which one of these was it? Would it have appeared on the shirt? I think it's the 3rd one, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there, thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I was asking specifically about the 1973 soviet cup final.

In this video of the final, it looks like the shirts are dark coloured. possibly navy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8psOgYtMC0

Also, after 8 seconds when you see the players entering the field, you can see a badge/emblem on their chest. It's not clear what it is though. Isn't the one you posted of the eagle on a football, the new one? I thought it was new. :-/

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I think its the original one, those that you posted could be that we changed some of the logos in the 80s or 90s but then changed back to the original one. May I ask why you would like this info? :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh wow really? If that is the case, that's cool because I really like the current logo. I think it's my favourite ever FC Ararat Yerevan logo.

The reason I'm asking is just out of curiosity because I want to digitally draw the 1973 shirt on my computer, just for fun. :happy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stecino, if you could do that I would be EXTREMELY grateful! If anyone would know for 100% it's him. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi guys,

my hunt for the 1973 logo still continues.:party:

But I have a lead. I've found a colour photo of one of the players holding up the cup. The logo he has on his shirt isn't very clear, but it looks like a logo that I've never seen before...

The top of the logo seems to be mount ararat. There's a football underneath it, and perhaps an eagle as well? It's difficult to tell.

Has anyone seen this logo before? :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Pannaplaya!

That's what I originally thought too, but I'm almost certain that Wikipedia have got that wrong.

This photo I posted previously is taken from a colour photo of one of the players holding up the 1973 trophy. It's not a very clear image but you can see that it's black and white for a start. Also there is a larger football symbol than the wiki one and there seems to be some text written under it.

:confused: :undecide: The search continues! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol...I know it's damn hard.

I'm probably going to Armenia in a short while. I'll ask around while I'm there - someone is bound to know something!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts