Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to Al Ahram Newspaper, on the 9th of May a collection of Arab players will face off against the Palestinian national team in Cairo Stadium. The Egyptian FA is expected to take care of all the accomodation and expenses, and the money raised will go to charity (for homeless Palestinians of course)..

Some of the players who will play on the Arab team are:

Kamacho (Morocco)
Youssef Sefri (Morocco)
Hani Al Dabet (Jordan)
Bashar Abdullah (Kuwait)
7aider Alo Ali (Bahrain*)
Shokri Al Ouer (Tunisia)
Khaled Badra (Tunisia)
Seraj El Deen Shee7i (Tunisia)
Mohammad Al Daeia (KSA)
Hussein Abdul Ghani (KSA)
Fahd Ali (UAE)
Tesfout (Algeria)
Hazem Emam (Egypt)
Hossam Hassan (Egypt)
Khaled Bibo (Egypt)
Barakat (Egypt)
Essam Al Hadary (Egypt)

* Ahram says 7aidar Ali Ali is Ba7raini, but I always thought he was a UAE national ever since his days in Al Wa7da club of UAE :confused: ... Where is he from ?

Ought to be a good show. Good collection of players though its missing a lot of SUPER STARS like Hadji, Temyat, Mido, Naybet, Trabelsi, Saifi and basically most of the European based Arab players. Wonder if ART will carry the game.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Sabry,

Hussein Abdul-Ghani just missed the Cup final for his club, and rumors he might not make the WC squad because of continuous injuries. I doubt he would make this game.

it would be a disaster if he doesn't make the WC, because Sagri is useless :depress: but thats not for this thread :D

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
Sabry,

Hussein Abdul-Ghani just missed the Cup final for his club, and rumors he might not make the WC squad because of continuous injuries. I doubt he would make this game.

it would be a disaster if he doesn't make the WC, because Sagri is useless :depress: but thats not for this thread :D
I don't know why you belittle Sagri's ability. Be honest here, when Sagri was left back in Lebanon, did you miss Abdelghani? Was the left side a weak point when he played? Personally I was reassured by his presence, since he's much better defensively (doesn't hack at players who pass him) and isn't a trouble maker.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Ahmed,

I have nothing against Sagri, i just want the best for the NT. Keep in mind im neither Ahlwai or Ittihadi, i like both teams (as i am a Hijazzy too! :) ). However, i lost all confidence in Sagri from the WCQ. He was dreadful.

Abdul-Ghani is a better player, thats basically it. And you know because of the Hillali players that are forced on the NT :yuck: where some are not good enough (al-jam3an :cry: ) , we need the very best in those position that aren't "forced" on us....get me ;)

If its Sagri in the WC, you can bet i am wishing he has one hell of a tournement! :)

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Sabry said:

* Ahram says 7aidar Ali Ali is Ba7raini, but I always thought he was a UAE national ever since his days in Al Wa7da club of UAE :confused: ... Where is he from ?

You are right, Haider Alo Ali is from UAE .. but also the article says "Hani Al Dabet (Jordan)" while he's from Oman ;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
HiJazzey said:
They probably thought he was from Amman :D
Exactly.....alot in Egypt told me that if I am from Jordan - Oman :confused: ..............

well actually I am from Palestine - Jordan....;):)...wonder why there is not even one Jordanian player, while Jordanians are the closest to Palestinians ?:eek:

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe there is.. I didnt post the full list. I posted some of those I remembered after reading the article..

·
Registered
9 Posts
what about sami the best player in the arab this year & nawaaf the first player in asia
and sholhoob 1 of the best rookies in the world

and zebermawe the best defender in saudi team

and mohamed al doayie the best gool keaper in the world :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about inviting the whole Arab world ? :rolleyes:

Those are SOME of the players who ACCEPTED to play. We cant have all 22 Arabian national teams in Cairo stadium. Its a good gesture and it isnt important who is on the team and who isnt as long as its having the same meaning..

·
Registered
319 Posts
It would have been nice to have only one player but from every single Arab country and have them all play at different parts of the match. That would definately have a strong moral, as well as media effect. I don't think a lot of money would be generated. At least no way near what was gathered in the pasr couple of weeks. But the symbolic gesture alone is sufficient.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, and every player wearing his National Team's Jersey.. That would have been cool :)

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some notes:

- Tomorrow, Wednesday, is the final training for both teams before the game on Thursday.

- The Palestinian national team will be training in Al Ahly's stadium (in Al Ahly's second HQ in Medinet Nasr).

- The Arab team will be training in Cairo stadium today.

- Egyptians Hany Ramzy, Ahmed Hassan and Saqa who play for European clubs have decided to travel to Egypt on their own expense to play this game.

- The 3rd class tickets were already slold out a couple of hours after they were put on sale (approx 13,000 tickets). The 2nd and first class tickets are also going fast.

- The Arab team coaches will be the famous Tunisian legend Abdel Majid el shatali along with the Egyptian olympic team coach Shawky Gharib.

- The Egyptian TV will carry the game live

- The expected profit/donations are approximated to be more than 500,000 $...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Bashar Abdullah (Kuwait*)

Great

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Jamal Abu Abed the retired Jordanian player will play in the match and thats coz none of the Jordanian players are free to play it...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The match has been played tonight and the whole arab world televised the match alive...

it ended 3-2 for the Arab Team....scored Hossam Hasan, Ahmed Hasan and Khaled Kahwaji for the Arabian team...and Ziad El-Kurd and Mohammed Samara for Palestine......

What matters is the meaning of this match and not the result..but whats wonderful is that both teams played like an official game....and the Palestinian team had some nice young players like Mohammed Samra.....and there is Obaied who has a very nice touch......and a great skills......but I doubt if he is palestinian or maybe a Palestinian who plays abroad like many other palestinian players who play in Norway, Chile and Argentina....

well nice match....beautiful goal :)

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FT: Arab NT 3-2 Palestine NT

1-0 : Hossam Hassan (EGY), 4'
1-1 : Ziad El Kurd (PAL), 44'
1-2 : Mohammad Samara (PAL), 64'
2-2 : Ahmed Hassan (EGY), 88'
3-2 : Khaled Kahwaji (KSA), 91'

:star:

The Palestinian team played a good team I heard.

The BEST goals of the game IMO were the Khaled Kahwaji goal (marvelous lob ball) and the Mohammad Samara goal (good vision and finishing).

To watch the goals, go to Al Ahram website (www.ahram.org.eg) and scroll down in the main page, you will find a link towards the right.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts