I was thinking about the players from Arabia who have played in Great Britain

Nayim
Mustapha Haji
Yousef Chippo

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Tahar El Kalej, Hasan Kachloul?

Edit - Karim Bigheri also played a single game in the EPL if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Karim Bagheri is Iranian - not Arab

Kachloul was good and then moved to Villa. Tahar was not that bad also.

Nayim is the best.

·
Registered
59,018 Posts
Moussa Saib too you had at Spurs and Sami Al Jaber at Wolves.

Where did Nayim come from originally btw JamesB?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, Idea where the name Nayim came from or whether he was given the name by his parents or if it was a nickname. His full name is Mohamed Ali Amar, he retired in 2000 at his home town club in Ceuta

He is a spanish national and played for their youth team so he was not able to play for Morocco later in his career.

Yeah, I remember Talal El-Karkouri the defender he played for Raja and PSG in France

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
James, you're obviously something of an expert on arabs but are you sure Iran isn't an arab country?

There's also Ibrahim Said who signed for Everton last year. Not sure if he ever played for them though...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Iran is persian, they speak Farsi, completly different from Arabic.

Yeah, Ibrahim Said did play for Everton......their reserves, he also tried to sign for a Belgium club but without his club's Al-Ahly permission.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
You've picked alot of Morocans, they theoreticallyaren't in arab country as they aren't part of Asia. But they are a muslim country.

Countries like Qatar, Saudi Arabi, Kuwait, Iraq, Syria are 'arab' countries. In Arabia ;)

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
You've picked alot of Morocans, they theoreticallyaren't in arab country as they aren't part of Asia. But they are a muslim country.

Countries like Qatar, Saudi Arabi, Kuwait, Iraq, Syria are 'arab' countries. In Arabia ;)
Errr.. no.

There are arab countries in Asia and Africa. Egypt, Tunisia and Morroco are examples of Arab countries in Africa.

Mohammed Hussein had a trial at Shef. Wed(or was it United?) does that count? :tongue:

What about Ali Benarbia?

·
International
6,724 Posts
JackoTheDon said:

huh?

This is the Arab world:

It doesn't have to be in Asia.

·
International
6,724 Posts
MoMo said:
Mohammed Hussein had a trial at Shef. Wed(or was it United?) does that count? :tongue:
:D

Manchester United have a player from Qatar, but I think he is on a loan in Belgium. Manchester City could have an Omani goalie soon :)

·
Registered
59,018 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
MoMo, Ali Benarbia played in England from 2001-2003 for Manchester City. He did VERY well for us in the first season, becoming Player of the Year and Fans Player of the Year, and was a legend basically. One of the most gifted players ever to play for city in terms of natural passing and technique. Made captain for 2002-2003 season in our Premiership return. Unfortunately he didn't set the premiership alight, and so was dropped to the bench but still made a few sub apperances until around February, when he then came back following Berkovic's injury and was integral in propelling us into 9th including a great display against Liverpool in the 2nd from last game of the season where he was at the heart of the move involving the winner. Decided to retire this summer, only to go back on his decision and choose to play for al Rayyan in The Middle East (unsure of the country sorry). Played one last time for us as captain against Barcelona for half an hour where he showed us what we would miss, and gave a good display to recieve a great reception as he left the feild.

Also Karim Kerkar played from June 2002 - December 2002. Was given a short term contract after impressing in pre season but never played a competitive game for us. I remember his debut where the Rochdale announcer called him "Ben Carr". He played amazing, and even got chants of "Benny!" as we thought that was his name. He was then the best player against Tranmere, scoring 2 and setting another up in the 7-1 rout.

Djamel Belmadi played for City from January 2003 - June 2003. He had a better career than Kerkar. He was only on loan from Marseille. He made an amazing debut against Fulham, as he was at the heart of the 4-1 win with the man of the match award as the link-up striker. Played well alongside Anelka, but Keegan wanted Fowler up front, and Berkovic and Benarbia were our creative midfielders, leaving him out of the reckoning. Shame as he was a good player, who I liked. Did play a few more games as sub, but was then injured, which may have been why we did not sign him permanently.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Karim Boukraa used to play for Ross County a couple of seasons back, he was a fancy winger of Algerian origin I believe. Couldn't cross for shít though:D

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Talal El Karkouri is being offered a contract by Charlton I heard.

There's also that 19 year old Eygptian attacking midfielder playing for Rangers who made his debut against Hibs. Can't remember his name though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts