Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month to forget, but I thought I might as well do this thread anyway...

1. April 3rd @ Motherwell (3-2) - Seemingly cruising at 3-0 thanks to two goals from Vignal and a Prso effort, we almost imploded in the latter stages. Ferguson got himself sent off and Motherwell pulled two goals back as we just managed to hang on in the end.

2. April 12th v Dundee United (0-1) - The game that effectively ended our title hopes as far as i'm concerned. A lackadaisical start let United score with virtually their only attack, and afterwards the ball just wouldn't go in the net. Prso, Arveladze, and Novo (3 times at least) missed absolute sitters as we contrived to hand the advantage back to Celtic.

3. April 17th @ Dunfermline (1-0) - Typical of many of our away performances this season whereby we managed to grind the match out. Prso's early goal proved to be enough to take us into the Old Firm game still in touch at least.

4. April 24th v Celtic (1-2) - The first game after the split looked to have ended the title race with a whimper. We weren't at the races in the first half and, although we had plenty of the game after the break, couldn't do enough to peg Celtic back.

Against Motherwell the candidates for MoM were Vignal for his goals and Prso for his all-round performance from what I can remember. Against Dundee United Prso might have missed a sitter, but I thought he was the best of a bad, bad bunch that night. Against Dunfermline, Prso was again magnificent and without him we wouldn't have won (obviously he scored the only goal of the game, but...). I didn't see the Old Firm game, but I don't think any of our players were particularly good. Therefore I nominate...Dado as player of the month! Any objections? :D

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Dado for me too. He also had a good month with the NT too.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Dado, Dado, Dado, Dado.

Nobody else has come close this month. Even though he missed a howler vs Dundee Utd, a howler which may have put us top of the league right now. All is forgiven though, how can you not forgive the great ponytailed one?

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Yeah !! Dado!!

To think, we discovered this guy when he was 28 years old...shame on the HNS

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
i think part of the reason why his workrate and effort is so high is because he knows what it's like working like a regular person. He has got chance at a relatively late age and he intends to take it whereas most international footballers today have been involved with the game for so long professionally without ever having done anything else that they don't know how lucky they really are...

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Dado. One of few siver linings on this seasons cloud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts