Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is wank, why is Carroll playing ahead of sturridge? Dude is a lump.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also although I'm sure he'll get better with age, Jack Wilshere is a bit of a let down thus far.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant for the life of me work out why Man U are paying so much for Smalling.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Pearce hates Sturridge, everyone does. Guy must take a dump on managers frosties every morning.

Wilshere has been poor for a while after all the preseason friendly godliness. How is the game? Got stuck at work, fecking trains! Losing at home to Greece 0-2 is one of the most pathetic scorelines I have seen at that level.

Looking at the team selection...

Tom Cleverley
Jack Wilshere
Fabrice Muamba
Lee Cattermole
Jack Rodwell

Three DMs, a winger and a CM.... what the **** was the formation? Pearce, lay off the crack. And Sturridge who scores for Chelsea second best to a championship numpty. I can only imagine the kind of football we are playing (Hoofing it, against Greece!), could understand Jack having problems creating anything with that up front and surrounded by defencive players.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You haven't misses anything mate, we've been absolutely terrible. Walker is the only player having a decent game. Richards is lunging in too much, Smalling doesn't have a clue what's going on, Cleverly is playing his own game, Wilshere is constantly losing the ball, Loach can't make a clean save, Rodwell is trying to be too ambitious (everyone else has been shit so I can see why I suppose). Insipid performance, we haven't looked a threat at all.

wilshere looks awesome in friendlies when he gets space and people don't try too hard to tackle him but is yet to really impress me in a competitive game. Obviously his talent is immense, so I live in hope.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Don't be upset. In truth we're probably better than you at this age group. And our best player is missing. No shame in loosing to a better side.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greece are doing well and playing much more expansive football than the senior side to be fair. Just dissapointed because Wilsherw, Rodwell, Sturridge and Richards are supposed to be some of the best prospects in the world and they're mostly looking second rate.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Greece are doing well and playing much more expansive football than the senior side to be fair. Just dissapointed because Wilsherw, Rodwell, Sturridge and Richards are supposed to be some of the best prospects in the world and they're mostly looking second rate.
Your telling me.

Your coach seems to have no organized plan. England is sitting back and inviting our attacks.

EDIT 2-1

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that's Pearce for you. Would probably have been an idea to put Delph in to help keep possession once it was clear you were dominating the ball.

Moat of your players should have a national team future, IMO. Both Papadopoulis's look good to me.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your keeper could do with learning the art of restraint tho, that guy comes for everything.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Well he ate the elbow of humility there.

Final 1-2.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
You haven't misses anything mate, we've been absolutely terrible. Walker is the only player having a decent game. Richards is lunging in too much, Smalling doesn't have a clue what's going on, Cleverly is playing his own game, Wilshere is constantly losing the ball, Loach can't make a clean save, Rodwell is trying to be too ambitious (everyone else has been shit so I can see why I suppose). Insipid performance, we haven't looked a threat at all.

wilshere looks awesome in friendlies when he gets space and people don't try too hard to tackle him but is yet to really impress me in a competitive game. Obviously his talent is immense, so I live in hope.
Cool, lucky I missed it... embarassing really. Heh, I thought it might have been Josh Walker and he had made a massive recory, remember thinking he would be a world class CB by the age of 20. :howler: Smalling went over my head too, few decent performances sudden;y makes a career or a potential one at least.

I really don't understand the formation, we're at home! Honestly, you expect a bit more ambition than that away from home let alone on your own sodding turf.

Yeah, with you all the way there. He has a very Wenger attitude in that he will love playing the victim if things get a bit too harried. His brain switches off and stops having the balls to try things, I bet he has barely had any shots. Yep, fingers crossed but we have seen it all before. Where is Bostock? :(

Don't be upset. In truth we're probably better than you at this age group. And our best player is missing. No shame in loosing to a better side.
As a team/management maybe, but player wise... come on... a lot of these players are doing it at the highest level week in week out. Greece' up and coming players are who exactly, attracting any big clubs as I haven't seen any rumours or heard any names. Maybe not informed.

Congrats though, sounds fully deserved and games aren't won on paper no matter what names are on it. Well done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
As a team/management maybe, but player wise... come on... a lot of these players are doing it at the highest level week in week out. Greece' up and coming players are who exactly, attracting any big clubs as I haven't seen any rumours or heard any names. Maybe not informed.

Congrats though, sounds fully deserved and games aren't won on paper no matter what names are on it. Well done. :thumbsup:
Oh I'm not getting into it with you believe me.

Let me correct myself. You're the best. We're the worst. Your players are not overrated, ours are garbage.

There you go, right as rain again.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Many of the players we saw today for greece start/play on a regular basis for their clubs in Greece, Germany, and Italy. Papastathopoulos, Ninis, Mitroglou, Koutsianikoulis, Pliatsikas, and Dimoutsos have been playing regular top flight soccer for the past 4 years for example. Pliatsikas and ninis both missed the game today due to injury. If they played I can imagine the score being much higher in our favour, especially Ninis.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts