Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The reason why I posted this?

During the broadcast of todays matches, they told about these supporters.
They don't have that much to say in Holland I guess, since we aren't participating.....:(.anyways...

And you may not believe it, but the organisation is taking volunteers to support other nations!

You saw an whole lot of Japanese/Korean people sitting in some sort of park on chairs (consider it a big outdoor schoolauditorium) in where they are taught these things, as in how to yell and all.

For instance what they showed us, they are even taking lessons in how to sing in Danish, in order to support Denmark tomorrow by shouting out Danish yells.

Now how funny is this? :D

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Which is why I find that this footballing culture in Japan (much less in Korea) is 'fake'. There is never a strong culture to begin with and it is sad to see these fans, who were never fans of these countries anyway, paint their faces, shout chants and cheer their 'adopted' teams during the game. There are some real Japanese fans who really supports the teams, but we are not seeing a lot of them.:)

Perhaps we can find a whole hoard of Japanese fans who paint Senegal or Costa Rica's flag on their faces and ask them if they know anyone from their 'team'. That should give you an answer.:)

I do not meant to be insulting or rude, but this is just how I feel.:)

paw:)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Michel said:
This guy didn't know who to support...
He is going for the Oriental-Nelly look;):D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts