Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Norweigen defender, Bjorn Otto Bragstad...
I saw their first match against Spain and I think he looked pretty impressive. Tall, very good in the air, a good man-marker. It's too earlier to tell though.. but i wonder if Juve might want a look at him... :)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Well, in my case it's also a Norwegian defender, but it's Bergdolmo (no. 2 if I am not mistaken).
And after seeing Slovenis for the first time...WoW! Several players really impressed me :D especially Amir Karic (19), Pavlin (11), Milinovic (3), Udovic (9). Zahovic was great but people are already talking about him so much that I already had some expectations of him!
I'm looking forward to seeing more impressive talents... :)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Koller impressed me alot, big ( 205 ), heavy ( over 100kg ) but still fast and technical. In the match agaist holland he didn´t put a foot down wrong.

Also very impressed by De Goor of Belgium and Mykland of norway who was extremely great on the midfield against Spain. Xavier was great in Portugal and I liked what I saw from Deisler of germay ( only 20 or 21 ).

Of the known stars: Figo, Rui Costa and Couto where amazing against england, Beckham was incredible, Davids was amazing but I don´t know if Nedved wasn´t even better in that game.
Tore andre flo was very good and so was Iversen. Fiore has shown that italy can produce playmakers still and this guy is great, Nesta and Cannavaro have been rocks. Zizu amazing along with Thuram and De-silly.

Two left feet so far: luliano, all of sweden, all of denmark, Mihajlovic and Stankovic ( great Lazio player .. yeah right big divas rather. ) De wilde ( a great goalie .. really ), PEP GUARDIOLA or as I would like to call him: Sure can´t passalot, Raul, Hierro .. basiclly all of spain but Mendieta and Salgado and Helguerra.

I really hope that Portugal win !!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I knew Portugal could perform, but not being 2-0 down. That has been the biggest positive surprise as far as I'm concerned. I still think they will fail when somebody marks Figo and Rui properly though.

Otherwise- Nedved, Zizou, Thuram, Zahovic, Beckham (those crosses :() and finally the small surprise Rene Henriksen.
I know most of you who are non-danish may not have noticed, but he was the only Danish player who performed well- and better than that. He has been great for the past year and has hardly put a foot wrong. If he wasn't 29 I would recommend him to everyone.

Negatives: Yugo. Had it not been for a collective Slovenian suicide their worst "qualities" would have been horribly exposed for posterity. They can play so inspired, but I have a hard time imagining any other team with such poor karma (I'm no Buddhist but that's as close as I can get).

NORWAY........ You all know why. DREADFULL approach to the game- didn't even try. Hate them as much as I liked the Norwegians when I met them while travelling + all the Norwegians I know living in Copenhagen. Drillo..... I'm inspired to write something obscene, but obviously I can't :(. Niels Johan Semb... Evil puppet. I'd prefer Chucky anyday of the week.

Deisler and Germany; Svennis- what's with you today :) ? Deisler had tree or four left feet (obviously no right) against Romania and if that's the biggest German hope for the future I'll be laughing 'till I die.
The old guard has fallen (and really should have lost) and they don't have a clue of what to do. A Danish team coach whom I cherish (Poul Hansen of Lyngby F.C) pointed out that there are no more than 15 German players under 24 starting regularly in THE ENTIRE BUNDESLIGA !!!! Man- does that suck ?

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Ahem !! Glen that was Deisler of germany not all of Germany :) buddy why are you trying to make me look like a idiot :) I manage to do that fine without your help :) Come visit me .. take the car :)

Deisler I have much faith in for the future but you are right he didn´t get enough time and .. well it´s probably more that I think he has potential for the future ( I saw a Herta game where he really shone big time ).

Norway didn´t play so badly ?!? I think that they where ok .. not Portugal but surely not worse then Italy - and for the record I was extremely happy to see The Crazy gang Wimbledon knocked out of the PL only because that old fart was their coach - Drillo needs to be hanged !!!!! and his football needs to die.

Hmmmmm did Ancelotti go to school with Drillo ?? :)

Conte needs to be replaced and Beckham should replace him .... COMe on Juve what the hell are you waiting for !!!! Show some sense and give Serie A one of the best players I have ever seen !!!!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Well,for me at least Mykland and Henriksen were not surpises...I know how good they were and I'm sad that Mykland is leaving Greece:( but of course he deserves to play in a better league...

Now,I was impressed by Belgium's Right Back.He wears #2 and his name is Eric Deflandre.This guy is tremendous! just watch him play and you'll agree.Very fast and offencive full back,great crossing and nice ball control and passing.The kind of players I love to watch playing...

Another player that I noticed is Turkey's central defender.He wears #5 and his name is Alpay Ozalan,known as Alpay.He reminds me of Montero at everything apart the stupid mistakes.Very nice player and if I was a Parma scout he would top my "go for it" list.Along with Deflandre.

On Deisler...if he is Germany's best hope I have to say that for the first time I feel pity for them...not very much though:D

Glen,I consider you a great "eye scout" any thoughts on Deflandre and Alpay? Svennis,you are off form lately...:)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Off form ?? please niggah I´m in great shape but I feel like Deisler is going to become great and since he´s only about 20 years old I think that time is on my side :)

I know that Mykland plays for olimpiakos but he´s fairly new to the european scene ( for the average fan ).

Deflandre was good but I also thought Verheyen had a good game - still the italy game was not enough to evaluate any players since Italy played a crappy defensiv game and there was so much space for the belgs :)

With me it´s a problem because I can just fall in love with the way a player plays and then I tend to stick and use that player as a yardstick. For a defensiv midfielder it´s Davids, for a playmaker it´s Veron, for a right wingback it´s Salgado, segunda punta is Lopez etc.

Obviously you haven´t seen Montero play lately ?? the guy was amazing this season so I think that past mistakes can be forgiven :) and comparing him to Alpay is not really nice of you.

It´s hard but during the EC and the big championships almost all players are starters in big teams so they are supposed to perfrom. It´s not easy to scout during a highlighted tournament - Qualifications and seasons are scouting time.

Forza Lazio.

Ps. What will you guys do if we buy Figo :) imagine: Nedved - Veron - XX - Figo :) !!!! XX Baronio, Simeone, Giannichedda ( defensiv ).

G

·
0 Posts
i liked the TWIN OF STAM .. the # 10 big guy in Nedveds team ...
Peterson of Sweden
pinto of Portagal
Flavio Conssesao of Portagal ... i wonder why cann't he be that good with Lazio
illi of Romania
Mahmmt Shoal of Germeny

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Svennis,Mykland plays for Panathinaikos and you badly on bd form.:D Its like me confusing AIK for Gotheburg...

Deflandre was good against Sweden as well.As for Alpay,I think that if you watch him closely you'll agree he is similar to Montero.Not as good of course but he hasbnt played 9 years in Seria A...:)

Koller is :eek: HUGE :eek: !!!!!!

Does anyone know who is that Czech defender who played next to Rada and Repka? I was trying to find out who he was and I could... :confused:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Deflandre is going ti O. Lyon so thats :(
i didn't think he was all that good, his crosses are
a bit poor.

Koller is indeed HUGE!

Wasn't the defender Gabriel?
it wasn't Latal he's left back

Davids played :(, he was dissapointing.

Mjallby of Sweden was good i think.
just as Vanderhaege of belgium.
Dudic from Yugoslavia.
They impressed ME.

·
International
6,519 Posts
I was very impresed with Figo, Nedved and Zahovic from Slovenia

Figo - he was really fighting, really good passes with RUI COSTA - one of the best players that game

Nedved - now he is a B I G L I O N ! Like always, close to score and really understanding player on the ground

Zahovic - the best player at game SLO - YUG, scored twice , when YUG scored to 3:3 he was the only one who had enough condition to run, the only one fighting, really good player

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Every player mentioned has been good. Svennis that comment Beckham replacing Conte was a shocker, serious, you must be ripping pipes or something. Beckham is not welcome in Italy, he can't even handle pressure in the EPL, imagine Serie A. He would constantly give the finger to everyone. But for the amount of time given to Del Piero which is something like 40 minutes, he has played unbelievable. He has hit the cross bar, goal cleared off the line, passed to Di Livio which was offside but still, passed to Del Vecchio who stuffed it up and should have scored. Almost scored a rippa free kick from the side line. Serious, he has done a lot considering the time he has had. Obvisouly the players mentioned have done better but players on bench are not given enough credit, they have to score or play great to try and prove a point. Del Piero knows this and thats why he is going for everything.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Actually there are quite a lot of players who have impressed me, but I'd rather talk about the ones I've discovered...

So other than Bergdolmo and the Slovenian players I've mentioned earlier...
To me, Deflandre, Mykland are not new since I've seen them in their national colors in previous tournaments. While I've seen Deisler play for Hertha several times.

Amo, I've noticed Deflandre in WC '98 and I certainly remember him after that red card there! :p

And Deisler - I have faith in him, especially after seeing him play several matches with Hertha. He's no new discovery for me in Euro 2000. But the funny thing about these Germans, no matter how young a potential star is revealed, he'll only blossom when he nears 30! Scholl was already praised as 'future star' in '94, but he's only started to really shine around last season. So perhaps it'll be a case for Deisler too. Germany were bad in that match vs Romania, and Deisler hasn't had the chance to show what he's capable of! But I'll always keep an eye on him.

Ages ago, Beckham was a discovery for me :eek: It was '94/'95 I guess, when he was still playing for ManUtd reserve, cleaning Cantona's boots, and had a nice attitude... How he's changed! I'd like to see him in Serie A - where he can really taste all the pressure, stress and competitiveness From FootBall, and not from his celebrity status! If he can still cope with that, perhaps he'll win my respect again. But now I just can't stand him no matter how good he plays in his matches :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts