Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Football plays an important role for me almost the whole year, but between November and March I also like to watch wintersport. I am totally crazy about skijumping, I watch it since I was 8 years old. The ones which also interest me are alpine-skiing, Biathlon, skating, speed skating, nordic- combined.
What kind of wintersports do you like? Aktive or passive , live in a stadium or in a hall. And is there anyone exept me who likes skijumping?

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I only really like speedskating to watch. As an active skater I'm not that good. Certainly have no talent in me to go fast on the skates. The rest of the sports don't attract me that much. The sole chance for me to watch other sports are the Olympics, when there's really something at stake. Besides skating I haven;t done anything for real from the wintersports. Only snowballfights, but they haven't become Olympic yet. ;)

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seen the EK allround the weekend? At least one sport were the dutch are overmighty ..... ;) Partly. Very nice guy the winner, liked to watch him.
I also like skating actively but unfortunately it´s no cold enough to do it outside. So I am also not that good, but at least I stay on the skates and dont fall.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
I won't comment :tongue:

If the winter olympics are on, ice hockey would be as far as I'd get. Dunno but I just can't stand wintersports. Then again you'd probably not understand why I love cricket and boxing so much :tongue:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
seen the EK allround the weekend? At least one sport were the dutch are overmighty ..... ;) Partly. Very nice guy the winner, liked to watch him.
I also like skating actively but unfortunately it´s no cold enough to do it outside. So I am also not that good, but at least I stay on the skates and dont fall.
Yeah, I was happy that from the four Dutchies Tuitert won and not someone like Romme or Uitdehaage. They have won everything already and Mark looks like a cool guy. Jochem is btw the only skater who has a smiley here which looks like him. :drool: :D

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
I really like Ski-Jumping, and alpine-skiing at all, ofcourse also speed-skating, that's typical a Dutch thing.
Also like Ice-hockey, but that's not much on the telly here, and skiing I can only see on Eurosport, just like ski-jumping :(.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Well, with my former school we used to go "Langlaufing" in Winterberg Germany, I quite enjoyed that :) Especially going off small ski-pistes with my langlauf-latten :D We did it once a year (when there was snow, it was cancelled twice, my first ánd my last year at school :frownani: )
I never been a skater, not since I fell in a puddle of water somewhere at the side of a lake (it wasn't a wak ;)), when I was 5 :eek: I think I've skated like 3-4 times after that, I never had my own skates :eek:

We might go on wintersports this spring-break, I hope to learn how to Snowboard then :cool:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chivu said:
Yeah, I was happy that from the four Dutchies Tuitert won and not someone like Romme or Uitdehaage. They have won everything already and Mark looks like a cool guy. Jochem is btw the only skater who has a smiley here which looks like him. :drool: :D
I didn´t expect Mark Tuitert to win, but anyway.... these are the things which make sports events so interesting and fascinating for us viewers in front of the tv screen: A new face, bloodyoung comes along and overules them all! I like that guy somehow, he is quite interesting and really cool. No star behaviour, just a normal young man. Someone new for the scence, someone fresh.
Although I have to say that my favourite dutch skater is Gianni. ;)

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Knoert said:
I really like Ski-Jumping, and alpine-skiing at all, ofcourse also speed-skating, that's typical a Dutch thing.
Also like Ice-hockey, but that's not much on the telly here, and skiing I can only see on Eurosport, just like ski-jumping :(.
Yeah, luckily there is eurosport. In Germany skijumping is shown by RTL and they make always a (too) big thing about it . Inclusive "overcelebrating" the own (the german) jumpers, especially Hannawald and Schmitt.
Is there a jumper you would name as your favourite?

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
Is there a jumper you would name as your favourite?
Not a particular one, it was Ingemar Mayr, but he retired...
In general the Scandinavian jumpers are my favourites, dunno why...

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Knoert said:
Not a particular one, it was Ingemar Mayr, but he retired...
In general the Scandinavian jumpers are my favourites, dunno why...
ah yes, I know him of course. Too bad for austria , so he decíded to start for another country. my favourites are Goldberger (Austria) and Schmitt (Ger), but there is no one I really dislike. In the first hand I like the sport, not single persons. All jumpers have my respect, because I admire them for their crazyness and their courage.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
\o/...\O/...\o/

Wow! Finally some wintersports thread. I've already posted one in 'sports forum' but it died very soon. So I will be sometimes here with you.

First of all I love ski-jumping. It's a quite unique sport, sport which often makes me :happy:. I feel emotions, especially if it's all about Planica.

Favourites? All Norwegian jumpers but the idol is Tommy Ingebrigtsen. Pettersen closed behind him.

I like also all the other wintersports.

·
Registered
282 Posts
the ski-jumping is such a bore :eek: but the ice-skating is fun to watch, when the dutch are doing well :) and when annie friesinger is skating ;)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Märco said:
Favourites? All Norwegian jumpers but the idol is Tommy Ingebrigtsen. Pettersen closed behind him.

I like also all the other wintersports.
Out of the Norwegian ski-jumpers Tommy Ingebrigtsen is my least favourite. I can't really explain it, but they guy acts weird and seems overconfident at times, although he is definetly not that good. Sigurd Pettersen is fantastic though, there isn't a nicer guy in the world.

I watched everything from the European Championships in Speedskating this weekend. Norway didn't do too good, but I still love watching the sport. I have absolutely nothing at all against Holland in any other sport, or in any other way. I love your country and I think you have a fantastic football team, but I just can't cheer for you in speedskating at all. In that sport, you are the "enemy", the one and only "enemy". You win and win and win and win and win. At least in women's speedskating it's a fight between you and the Germans. Great for you guys though. ;)

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Orange said:
Out of the Norwegian ski-jumpers Tommy Ingebrigtsen is my least favourite. I can't really explain it, but they guy acts weird and seems overconfident at times, although he is definetly not that good. Sigurd Pettersen is fantastic though, there isn't a nicer guy in the world.
Tommy has something special inside. I know that he's incredibly inconsistent but perhaps you know that he's a miracle flyer and that's it all. Pettersen has been amazed me since the first competition I saw him.

Where is David Andresen btw? I remember his impressive 209m in training session in Planica few years ago. He was supposed to be a big one (by me and my brother) and he's nowhere. I've never have heard about him again.

:(

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Orange said:

I watched everything from the European Championships in Speedskating this weekend. Norway didn't do too good, but I still love watching the sport. I have absolutely nothing at all against Holland in any other sport, or in any other way. I love your country and I think you have a fantastic football team, but I just can't cheer for you in speedskating at all. In that sport, you are the "enemy", the one and only "enemy". You win and win and win and win and win. At least in women's speedskating it's a fight between you and the Germans. Great for you guys though. ;)
With the women the Germans are still too far away though if you look at allround tournaments, but last weekend we at least won 3 of the 4 distances, from which certainly the 1500 M was unexpected, since Friesinger rules on that distance (in Europe, cause Rodriguez is quality too). So on the World Championship Distances we could win a potential 3 golds (1000M with Timmer, the 3 and 5 KM with Smith. Perhaps Groenewold also the 3)

Despite having most of the championships the last 15/20 years we're still a lot champ. behind yoy guys with the men, but it doesn't look like you will be able to do anything against in the upcoming years. Saetre is good at the longer distances, but more for the WC distances than an all-round tournament and with Sondral you lost your best rider for any of the medals at that same Championship.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Abominus said:
the ski-jumping is such a bore :eek: but the ice-skating is fun to watch, when the dutch are doing well :) and when annie friesinger is skating ;)
Is there any man who doesnt like Anni? ;)
Okay, I am female but I also like her, because she is so natural and just nice.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
A German and being nice, that's natural. :tongue:

I prefer Timmer btw. Also she prefers Timmer (Henk) too.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Orange said:

The norwergian jumpers are cool, I like them. I had no problem with Sigurd winning the 4-hills-tournament - he was the best and he deserved that! If you ask me Tommy is/was totally overrated. Okay, he got (surprisingly ! )
Worldchampion in 1995 , but he never ever showed again he is that good.
The one I sympathize the most with is Roemoeren.... Seems a little crazy, but thats what makes him interesting. ;) I am looking forward to Willingen, thats where I can see them all again.... :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts