Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is the case. I have got some movies on my harddisk. Most of em being .avi files. To make some space on my harddisk I want to burn them on a CD. I want to be able to play them on my standalone dvd player. Does anybody know what I should do for this and what kind of programs I need for it? Help is greatly appreciated. :)

Prince

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Not an expert on this but until someone answers..

What program do you use to burn cds? Nero does it, not great quality but it´s easy, the problem is that you can´t control the final size and sometimes it doesn´t enter into a cd, you could try with it first.

I don´t do it much but if you want good quality and control the final size the best one I know is TMPGEenc a bit more difficult to use though, although once you make the first one it gets easy.:cool:

Another option is puting a cable from the video card to the tv....oh sorry you don´t have a tv in the same room. :eek:;)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Txupa said:
Not an expert on this but until someone answers..

What program do you use to burn cds? Nero does it, not great quality but it´s easy, the problem is that you can´t control the final size and sometimes it doesn´t enter into a cd, you could try with it first.

I don´t do it much but if you want good quality and control the final size the best one I know is TMPGEenc a bit more difficult to use though, although once you make the first one it gets easy.:cool:
hmm, I have Nero and I have TMPGenc. The latter I find very hard to use but I'll try to find a user guide somewhere. :eek:

Another option is puting a cable from the video card to the tv....oh sorry you don´t have a tv in the same room. :eek:;)
Rub it in, why don't you! :fero: ;)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
prince_o, try WinOnCD, i used it and it's b.e.a.utifull. very simple and quite handy :)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
If they are movies of 700 mb and you convert them the file size will increase dramitically. So you will have to cut it into two possibly 3 cd's.

You can get may progz to change avi TMPGEN being one. Just remember you need cobvert in the right format.. i.e Pal/Ntsc etc ;)..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts