Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ppl...I need some information here...

Does anybody know Michel's whereabouts? The last time I heard of him was when he moved to a Mexican club and I've lost track of him ever since. Then suddenly I saw him give half-hour-long comments in a CL highlights programme on TV and my hope soared again!
So pls can anybody enlighten me? Thx b4...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Ca anyone enlighten me, who this Michel fellow is? Are we talking about the guy from Rayo Vallecano or perhaps our Michel Salgado? I really don't know why this question has been posted here...

·
Registered
526 Posts
When you speak about Real Madrid and Míchel only one person comes to mind.

José Miguel González Martín del Campo ("Míchel") was a part of probably the 2nd best Real Madrid squad ever. From 1983 to 1996 he played for Madrid. He formed part of the quinta which included players such as Hugo Sánchez and Butragueño and they went on to win the league 5 straight from 1986 to 1990. They also won 2 Uefa Cups in that time peroid (85 and 86). He had 66 caps for Spain while scoring 21 goals.

Nedved!,
He has retired from fútbol for a while now but he is doing radio and TV now and then. So that is why you saw him on the CL highlights program.

[This message has been edited by Juanele (edited 23-04-2000).]

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Oh, after you mention it, I do know him (though I never saw him play for Real). I saw a interview about him in a year ago. He did so well in that Mexican Club and ended his career in it. Then he came to America and enrolled into an university for studying Administer. The last time I heard about him is in another board, someone said he will become Real's coach in next season...anyway, just a rumor.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx ppl for the info...so now he's doing TV commentaries, eh? More info abt Michel is welcome...I'm rather desperate here. It's sooo hard to find info abt a player once he retires! Even from the internet. Especially because I live in Asia!
Oh yeah Juanele, Michel's is such a legendary figure...one of the reasons why I fell in love with futbol! And for real player, I just hope that rumor is true, well, at least in the future! We'd love to see him back in Real. :)
Is the Mexican club Nexaca (the one that made it to the Club World Championship early this year) , by the way?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
About Michel, here's what I know :
About Mexico :
The Mexican club he was playing at is Athletico Celaya. First, his long-time pal from Real Madrid Emilio Butragueno moved there in 1995 and Michel and Hugo Sanchez followed him the next year. It is a small city club that was up to the 1st category from the 2nd the year Butragueno moved there. Either 1997 or 1998 though they almost won the League, but they lost it at the final game to Nexaca.
About his career nowadays :
A friend of mine from abroad told me exactly what you are writing : that he's a TV guest - commentator nowadays. She has heard him in Eurosport too.
What someone has written about him going to LA to go to the University is WRONG! That's Emilio Butragueno.
Emilio Butragueno already had a Business Administration degree from the time he was still playing football for Real. After finishing his carrer in Mexico HE went to LA to attend a post-graduate program in Athletic Management. He finished it and for about 6 months now he's back in Spain working as a consultant for the Spanish Ministry of Sports. There were rumors of his being the next Real PRESIDENT (not coach) but he denied it by saying that he had no such offer, but should it happen in the future, he'd jump to it because of his love for Real. He said that he has no desire of becoming a coach ever though.
And that's all I know!!!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Thanx hala for verifying that. :)
I am not a good historian and the names are too complex for me though...
sorry for taht wrong infomation. After checking their pictures, now I knew that the one I saw was Butragueno.
PS, Butragueno seems like a wise man, and definite is a Madridsta, so I think he will be fit for being our president. I wasn't very pleasatn with Mr. Sanz's work...

BTW, Juanele, did you ever go to bigsoccer? If you are the one in there, and I didn't remember wrong, you are a Barca fan, and kinda hate Real...

[This message has been edited by real player (edited 25-04-2000).]

·
Registered
526 Posts
real,

Yes, my sentiments lay with Barca. However, in reality my team is Sevilla FC. But I am not one of those fans who hates another club. If there was any club that I really disliked it would have to be Real Betis. In general I am a futbol fan so I like to know things about all the teams. And also I am a huge fan of the Spanish National team (makes sense, after all I am Spanish :) ). So any news or information about former (or current) National team players I tend to follow rather closely, no matter what club team they play for.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Are you also a big fan of Juanele from Real Saragossa?

Why don't you post more often in the Spanish league and Cup forum?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts