Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! any1 here seems that US soccer is most likely dead :)
>>>FORZA MILAN<<<

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Well, lets revive it...
Metrostars have acquired Matthäus and Valencia....how do u see their chances next season?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steward and O'Brien (?), two American players in the Dutch league. I think there are more, but don't know for sure.. Anybody ?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
..best american player right now is claudio reyna..he is a bit slow, but he has experienced playing in europe and knows the game better than anyone here in america..

..by the way,, joe max is playing great in england..

i just wish soccer would become the number one sport here, then the rest of the world would be sorry for ever promoting soccer in america. but until then,, the national team right now sucks big time.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I'm an Englishman Living in the US, and I'm amazed at the amount of English Premiership Football being shown on Fox Sports. I was expecting maybe one game every couple of weeks, but I get a regular showing of it daily!! :) :) :) :) :)
I'm hoping to do my bit in promotong the game over here by coaching at a school! :)

Razor

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RazorUK..

..what are the schedules?? ..and is it on foxwest or foxsports america?..

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is cool! us soccer in this forum? yeah right! you know what guys, mls is so pathetic! their time goes backward and dont have injury time! their penalty shoot out is like playing ice hockey but without a stick! i cant stand watching the league! it makes me bored! and you know why old players shift to this league? because players here in us dont play like the european league! in short, they're slow and lousy in havin some attacks! the reason why this league is still goin is all about MONEY! not football! :( :

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You say that the only reason its still going is because of money ? Are you crazy, they are the most underpaid athletes in the world.

I think that its the fastest up and coming league in the World right noe.

P. s. I'm looking forward to seeing Mathaus next week.

Vivs Metrostars

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Soccer is not dead in the US....far from it. But we are also far away from being able to compete with the top teams in the world as France 98 plainly showed. We are behind for a very simple reason.....our youngsters who play soccer do not get good coaching. It will take at least another 15 years to change that, and another 15 years for those youngsters to grow up to be worls class playes. We will get there, but don't expect a world championship before 2034!!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I think it is going to take awhile for US soccer to reach such an atmosphere like the leagues in England/Itlay/Spain/etc...If you watch other leagues styles of play it is fun to watch..The mls league is too slow to watch..Any team in the MLS could not match up to a European team...Lack of style..

------------------
<FORZA INTER>

·
Registered
301 Posts
forzainter., sorry, but as I recall none Italian team made the club World finals in brazil, and Necaxa of mexico made manch U and real M look like MLS teams!

How can you compare MLS -after 5 yrs- to leagues in Europe that have been around 80 or more years, I certainly hope that much experience shows on the field. Instead of ripping it off, just paid attention to Hristo S and Lothar M comments from the style and fitness programs done here....

MLS has 12 teams and only 5 can be called up to represent the liga outside the USA, just wait 10 more yrs...or its too much to ask from you ?

razor.....stop wachting too much tv and support your local soccer club!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey well i think that u are wrong adrian i mean come on there are a lot of good american soccer players out there. I think the women are a perfect example they won world cup as u probley know :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts