Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow i will be playing a trial game for the rep team i am trying out for (pretty high quality) and i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on what shood be done to play well, get picked for the team.

My position is Sweeper or CB and im in U17's

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
tryouts are a big thing, but there are 2 types of players. Ones who know how to keep their pressure under control and others who just break. Tryouts involve your skill....ofcourse, but your mentality is HUGE during a tryout! The important thing is to stay relaxed and enjoy it. If you screw up the just keep going like nothing happend. I tried out for a club back in Israel and 2 weeks before the tryout all i did was work on confidence and mental strength and it worked! As a CB i'm not saying your position is easy but it requires more stregth then skill.....so for you, its EXTREMELY! important that you stay focused mentally

·
Registered
719 Posts
hey i had a try out for pro team couple months back and for me it didnt go well, reason is cuz i tried too much, im used to doin skillz and tricks all the time and i tried to do that in a try out it didnt not work

best thing to do is stay focused, self confidence, head high and play as a team. dont try to be special one in the team or you wont get anywhere

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Hennessy said:
best thing to do is stay focused, self confidence, head high and play as a team. dont try to be special one in the team or you wont get anywhere
so true, i usually play striker but during a tryout i said i was a right mid because i wanted to see more of the ball.......luckily i didn't totally screw up but i had some mistakes where i tried to get to fancy with the ball. Stick to the basics in a tryout, if you wanna go fancy make sure 110% that it'll work, but like i said before, as a CB you shouldn't even think about dribbling.....especially as a sweeper where your job is to just get the ball and kick it out of your area. Anyways good luck with the tryout

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i just got back from the game, i was given no time in the first half, but i was put on for the second half and after a nervous start, i made some important tackles and didnt panic (too much) with the bal. The coach sed i was MOM for second half, which is gr8 cause i was extremely nervous going into the game, having to mark someone around 40cm taller than me.

thx for the advice

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Sounds like you have something good going on for you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
719 Posts
well done mate, good luck in future

1 - 8 of 8 Posts