Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,828 Posts
Used to know everything about them in my teens, including the time on the track when the solos would start :p iirc, Bulls on parade was 2:22 or 2:30

·
Registered
27,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steppin into the jam and I'm slammin like Shaquille
Mad boy grips the microphone wit' a fistful of steel!
Yeah...

:grin2:

·
Registered
43,238 Posts
Favourite song for years has been Know Your Enemy. Prophets of Rage (with Tom Morello from RATM, Chuck D from Public Enemy and B Real from Cypress Hill) cover the song, but Chuck D doesn't rap the part that was obviously inspired by his own rapping in Public Enemy. The song also features Maynard for any Tool fans out there.

DqLUq_x2ZJg

Props to Morello's Iron Man reference at the end too.

·
Registered
43,238 Posts
Does it bother anyone else that Chuck D is never given proper credit by the rap world? Dude should be a legend. Public Enemy is way more popular with white folks despite being about black empowerment.

2wOcOBjB3uU

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
@Firdaus

What do you mean not proper credit? Whenever there is a conversation about lyricists, mc's, etc. his name is more often than not in there. My assumptions is that (similar to Ice-T) they did not fall under the umbrella of strictly hood music, party/pop-rap, and so on... I also believe them, as PE is synonymous with Chuck-D, had at times that metal/rock vibe in their songs, which the black folk are not particularly fond of. Plus the fact that they were majority of time political got old quick. Who cares about affirmative action when you can have bitches, right? :D Iunno, jm2c

Btw, speaking of RATM, I always thought Zack was a knockoff of Kamanchi Sly from the Hijack group outta UK, nah jk :D. There is a resemblance in vocals albeit nothing content wise, to me at least

RboNXvKIusQ

·
Registered
27,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm rolling down rodeo with a shotgun, these people haven't a brown skin man since their grandparents shot one
bought

Favourite song for years has been Know Your Enemy. Prophets of Rage (with Tom Morello from RATM, Chuck D from Public Enemy and B Real from Cypress Hill) cover the song, but Chuck D doesn't rap the part that was obviously inspired by his own rapping in Public Enemy. The song also features Maynard for any Tool fans out there.

DqLUq_x2ZJg

Props to Morello's Iron Man reference at the end too.
Never noticed the Iron Man connection before. Black Sabbath was a big influence on Tom Morello's riffing.

·
Registered
16,828 Posts
Favourite rage song? It's hard to come up with only one. Going by album might be easier but still tough. I literally like all of their songs bar none pretty much.

·
Administrator
52,175 Posts
Bulls on parade and killing in the name of.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,224 Posts
My favorite:

IKyVYdIkwOQ

·
MVP
8,980 Posts
Killing in the Name is one of my favorite tracks.

I have a secret wish (or..fantasy...if you will) to "sing" that song live, and scream my guts out.

Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses

1 - 15 of 15 Posts