Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05/14/2002. Fabio Cannavaro is open to offers from inside and outside of Italy, the Azzurri and Parma defender made known from the Coverciano training ground today.

"I think I'll remain in Italy, but if I Real Madrid make a formal offer, well it will be hard to say no to such a fascinating team," said 'Canna', who is certain to leave Parma over the summer.

Despite Cannavaro is open to possible moves outside of the Italian borders, it appears he will probably end up joining one of the Serie A's Northern giants.

"Milan and Juventus are both great teams and will both participate in next years Champions League, so one or the other really doesn't make a big difference to me. I also want to say that Sacchi told me a third Italian club are interested in signing me," added the Italy international.

SA Italy

·
Registered
429 Posts
Parma confirm Cannavaro transfer

Parma President Stefano Tanzi has confirmed that Fabio Cannavaro has handed in a transfer request.

“Cannavaro has asked to leave the club,” commented Tanzi, “but we have not received offers yet.”

The defender, currently at Coverciano with the Italy squad, is one of the hottest properties on the transfer market this summer.

Juventus and Milan have been the most consistently mentioned clubs with regards to the former Napoli man.

The press claims that the Bianconeri have bid cash plus Fabrizio Miccoli and Enzo Maresca, while the San Siro side have proffered Massimo Donati and money for a total £33m.

"I just hope the issue is sorted out before the World Cup," explained Cannavaro.

It is now suggested that Parma are planning a swoop for Antonio Carlos Zago as a replacement for Cannavaro. The Brazilian’s contract with Roma expired this summer.

Meanwhile, President Tanzi also revealed other details regarding their revamp. “We will create a team that is able to reach UEFA Cup spots. Sixth place in Serie A is our objective from next season.”

Johann Micoud will be sold to either Schalke 04 or Bayer Leverkusen, while Marco Di Vaio remains a target for Lazio. “We’ll meet with Di Vaio on Wednesday,” revealed Tanzi.

There will also be a new Coach and although the situation is not yet official, it’s believed that ex-Venezia tactician Claudio Cesare Prandelli will take over.

“There have been frequent meetings with Prandelli,” admitted the patron, “and the situation is sorting itself out.”

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
sebastien said:

Johann Micoud will be sold to either Schalke 04 or Bayer Leverkusen, while Marco Di Vaio remains a target for Lazio. “We’ll meet with Di Vaio on Wednesday,” revealed Tanzi.

I have never heard anything about that in german media, so I have my doubts! :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Banned
188 Posts
Its paper talk, they are just linking the players, Leverkusen will be losing Ballack so the obvious replacement would be a player like Micoud while I think Schalke are selling Moller(Not sure).

All paper talk, the only way you know these are true are when the player wears the shirt and plays for the team.

I remember once reading that Birmingham City try to bid for Maradona before the 1994 World Cup(Its true), it turned out that their coach Barry Fry actually did try to sign him, but nothing happened.

PS: Barry Fry is known for signing many players, at Birmingham he signed over 40 players is just over 2 years.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
QASIM said:
Its paper talk, they are just linking the players, Leverkusen will be losing Ballack so the obvious replacement would be a player like Micoud while I think Schalke are selling Moller(Not sure).

All paper talk, the only way you know these are true are when the player wears the shirt and plays for the team.

Möller will retire or play one more year, so IMO it´s more likely that Micoud will (perhaps)join Leverkusen, especially if Zé Roberto leaves, too!

BTW, I´m happy that there aren´t these daily sports newspapers like as, marca, gazetta...in Germany, because they must fill their sites everyday and there isn´t simply that much news, so they write spectacular crap!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
i thought that di vaio was going to stay....:fero:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts