Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. I've been on my hols, so is there any news I may of missed except for the Leicester keeper and the French world cup squad winger who I know nothing about...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And just because we are (apparently) getting a left winger, don't assume Berger is moving elsewhere. H. has always said that he wants an out wide left winger, there would still be a place for Berger supporting the front two (which he prefers).

B

·
0 Posts
This has come from KoptalkWe can reveal that French international Bernard Diomede has agreed personal terms with the club and put pen to paper on a 4 year provisional contract based on the outcome of his medical.

The winger will cost around £3 million and as yet there has been no official confirmation of the signing.

As reported on Kop Talk yesterday, Diomede was a member of the French World Cup winning squad in 1998 but he is not in the French Euro 2000 squad - by no means does this mean he's a crap player so those that are ready to be negative should look at what fringe players have missed out on the Championships before passing judgement.

This deal should not be confused with the recent talks between Liverpool and Juventus which we understand are still ongoing - we have no idea as to who those talks involve or if anything will materialise.

Kop Talk also understands that the club are trying to push through another deal for a top European player which is nothing to do with the Juventus speculation. A number of names have been thrown into the ring and we hope to update you accordingly when we have concrete information.

Hope this helps

Bill

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes its interesting isn't it, especially the Juve stuff, not that I am going to suggest anything as we dont want all that speculation again do we, afterall we are probably talking to them about the price of sportswear, nothing at all about a friendly match or buying a player or anything.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are we signing this French guy or not? I can't get any info about this deal and am beginning to be a little sceptical.

X

·
0 Posts
....he only has to pass a medical..and if everything is ok with him...then he will be OURS..

but normally he shouldn't have any medical problems....so consider him to be ours already...

i;ve seen him play a few times...he is a true winger and likes to run and cross the ball..quite fast too...
i think that for this price he is a very good deal!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts