Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about Denizli or a foreign coach. I think a foreign coach would be better since they are more professionalized than most of ours (just like in everything else) and at least they cant read the Turkish newspapers:D

And also they would make a line up depending on players' current form not depending on their biography.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I dont know who is avalible, but I defintetly think we should get a foreign coach. Denizli was not a good coach and most of us thought it couldnt get any worse, but then we got Günes.
But this time it cant get any worse. I hope. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should continue the trend started by the club teams and get a german coach.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
This is Turkish football; whether it's a foreign coach or not, they'll still have 'outside' pressures to pick certain players (ok, IMO).

So if we did go for a foreign manager, who would you suggest? I guess they'd need to know the Turkish league a bit, so my guesses:

Gordon Milne (May be a major step for him though)
Toshack (*cough cough*)
Perreira (too old?)
Souness (just for the Fener fans:D )

Who else?

I imagine everyone wishes it was Terim...

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
This is Turkish football; whether it's a foreign coach or not, they'll still have 'outside' pressures to pick certain players (ok, IMO).
Exactly:eek:

I always thought NT should have a Turkish coach. But when I look at the possible candidates. There are not many:(

Mustafa Denizli and Ersun Yenal:)

Denizli has the career and ability to coach, but we will start hearing same complains we hear right now after a couple of matches.

I guess Yenal has a new contract with Genclerbirligi.

So, who else?

Nobody:eek:

May be some young successful coach from an Anatolian club, like Ziya Dogan from Malatyaspor:tongue:

Noooo, NONE OF THEM WOULD WORK:mad::tongue:

Because, each and every soccer fan in Turkiye secretly wants to coach the team:eek:

When the team loses they get bitter, because they think they could do better:tongue:

What every one of us doesn't wanna understand is that there are may be millions of fans with thosands of ideas. Unfortunately there is only one freaking team:mad::D:howler:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Any coach that can get the players to play with discipline and maturity is fine with me. It would be a plus if he can get the players in better shape as well, so they wouldn't allow so many 90th minute goals.

And of course, an understading of tactics is a must:tongue:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I would also go with a foreign coach. These turkish coaches are too soft. By that I mean they do everything others says(politicians, businessmen, etc..), they are too afraid or like the money too much. Ofcourse this does not include Terim. But if they say no foreign coach we have to go with a turkish coach, the only name that is available that would be good for me is Rasim Kara. I know he has not done anything, but I like this guy, I like his style.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Defnitely a foregin coach. Unless it is terim and that is as we know not possible.

If we were with a foregin coach in this world cup, we could have been one of the stars of the tournament...I assure you of thsat...our coach is a big loser and its time to accept that fact..

i also call a federation loser who hand the team over to such a coach who has had no succes in turkey let alone europe or world...:rolleyes:

its foreigner era again!!

PS. oh my god plase no denizli..i cant believe you guys mention him, he is even a bigger loser than gunes. he makes the most stupid line ups...

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont agree with you there man. If we can get a coach with an authority he wouldnt give a **** about what the media and all the other people say. He would focus on his job more than the critics. Where is Sepp Piontek does anyone know? You can not forget him when you are talking about our NT.

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
I think the ex-Fener coach Parreira would be perfect...

We always complain about the lack of style and attacking flair in our team, and thats his specialty :happy:

Theres plenty of good coaches out there without a job, such as Daniel Passarella, plus a lot of Spanish managers...
We could maybe even pick up a coach who gets fired after this WC from one of the bigger countries...;)

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Our football has improved so much in the past 10-15 years, thanks to the german school starting with Derwall then, Saftig, Feldkamp, Daum...

These were the people who brought discipline, tact and education to our players who are already very much technically gifted.

Terim took this to another level and injected self confidence.

But the other Turkish coaches are not capable of this.

I am sure they will bring Edenizli if Gunes is to be sacked and honestly, I prefer Gunes 100 more times than Denizli.

You know how Denizli makes the funniest line ups and tries to be a hero by winning with those + Players do not take him seriously+ he is a p*ssy, the most defensive tactics.

We need a European coach again. I would love to have Daum.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Yep; Daum may be the best choice of the foreign coaches who know Turkish football.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
The strange thing is Parreira is considered too defensive by the Brazilians:D:howler:

It would be really great if we could get a top-tier name, but I think we will end up with another buddy of a politician:rolleyes:

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
It just hit me...
We've qualified for the last 8 of the WC with an inek as a coach...We might even make the last 4 with the same inek :eekani:

So, imagine we had a Terim, Daum or Parreira in charge...We'd win the whole thing !! :D

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Didn't Korea coach Hiddink work in Turkey in the past?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Gunes remains unloved despite success
Steve Bryant

MIYAGI, Japan (Reuters) - He has taken Turkey to unscaled heights, he has never failed to fulfil a promise and he has won 10 and drawn four of his 16 internationals in charge.

But Turkey coach Senol Gunes still struggles to be loved or even admired in a country that adores to create heroes.

A school of thought in Turkey - and in the press Gunes spends so much time fighting - says the coach has been blessed with a side talented enough to overcome his bungling.

With players like Hasan Sas, Hakan Sukur and Rustu Recber, Gunes can't lose, they say, accusing him of misusing the priceless treasures he has inherited.

'They won despite Senol Gunes, he is still making mistakes. He's not letting (striker) Hakan Sukur play. The score should have been very different, we could have easily scored three or four more,' said carpenter Zeynel Demirbas in Ankara after Turkey beat co-hosts Japan 1-0 on Tuesday.

Under Gunes, Turkey have reached the last eight in the World Cup and meet Senegal on Saturday for a semi-final place.

They have gone far beyond anything achieved by his predecessors, Fatih 'The Emperor' Terim and Mustafa Denizli. But not being Fatih Terim is part of Gunes's problem.

Whereas the charismatic Terim - credited with sparking Turkish soccer into life - lectured about leadership and accepted no challenges to his authority, Gunes, never at home before a camera, talks of openness, learning, change and reform.

'Long years of work have produced this,' Gunes said. 'But the scores we have achieved will hopefully change the mentality and reaction in Turkey. After this change we will all see that Turkey is much more developed.'

It's a hard story for the Turkish press to sell a public accustomed to headlines proclaiming 'epic victories' and 'new golden pages' in Turkish football.

BLACK SEA BOY

Gunes is not helped by his background. He comes from the Black Sea city of Trabzon, at the other end of Turkey from Istanbul, home of the biggest teams and much of the soccer press.

Some murmur that it was political connections from local politicians and a strong Black Sea lobby in the Turkish FA that won Gunes his job.

He was goalkeeper for an all-conquering Trabzonspor side that dominated Turkey's league in the late 1970s and early 1980s but the club's glamour is now fading and Gunes's career as a league coach was never great.

Now he is showing his worth on the world stage and some fans at least are prepared to give him a pat on the back.

'He should continue. He took us this far, what more could we want? He may make mistakes, but it's rude to ask him to quit,' said Metin, a 25-year-old Ankara taxi driver.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
We've qualified for the last 8 of the WC with an inek as a coach...We might even make the last 4 with the same inek
If it was Nyuka he would say "koyun":tongue: :D

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
HakanK said:
Didn't Korea coach Hiddink work in Turkey in the past?
Yep, at Fener (as Kubi said)...

But I think he's way out of the question for our NT...
Korea has already given him $1m, Korean citizenship, a Korean name and a whole list of other rewards....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts