Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HiFi CD player has suddenly started to skip trax ....

Gets to track 4 then if I try to fast forward it starts to play up and spins around about 1000 times a second ......

I've had it into the local HIFI shop ( very old guy ) who's cleaned the lens ( and mirrors !?) but it's no better ( cost £15) .

It's an LG FA166DAB HIFI ...

Is it just beggared and time to get a new one ( which we can't really afford) or is there something I'm missing ?

Its only on "burnt" CDs not the real genuine , bought CDs ... Very odd .

I've tried burning through Windows player and Nero and even used the other burner on the laptop .... same result .

Help !!!!!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Getting really stressed now ...

Tried the latest CDs Poloroid which were dearer than the Tesco ones ..didn't work , tried at slower burning speed ... didn't work , tried "without a pause between tracks " ..didn't work ... Aghhhh

Any real good makes of CDR ?

·
MVP
8,984 Posts

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Pardon the sarcasm mate. It was irresistible.

To answer your question- whenever I burned an mp3 audio CD on my Toshiba laptop it would always end up having "skipped" or glitchy parts. I haven't noticed whether it was in early tracks or number 4 or 5 etc...

I tried fixing this by burning on the slowest speed.

As for your CD/HiFi player, bro just fork it out and buy a new one. I'm sure they're very affordable nowadays. You can't go wrong with a Panasonic. (used to work for them) :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pardon the sarcasm mate. It was irresistible.

To answer your question- whenever I burned an mp3 audio CD on my Toshiba laptop it would always end up having "skipped" or glitchy parts. I haven't noticed whether it was in early tracks or number 4 or 5 etc...

I tried fixing this by burning on the slowest speed.

As for your CD/HiFi player, bro just fork it out and buy a new one. I'm sure they're very affordable nowadays. You can't go wrong with a Panasonic. (used to work for them) :)
Tried the slower burning ..sadly made no difference .. I have actually bought a new one ...an amazing LG FA 168 ...plus I've got a beaut matching stand alone DAB radio coming tomorrow :)

Thanks anyways !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts