Xtratime Community banner

Antonio Nunez

1K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Josué 
#1 ·
Worst right-back in a Liverpool shirt. Possibly the worst player to ever play for Liverpool. I have never, ever, ever, used that expression, ever. This is the first time I have ever said that about a Liverpool player in any generation.

He offers nothing. Can't dribble, can't cross, can't run, can't defend, can't play with the team, can't score, can't pass, can't influence the team, can't do anything.

So why, in God's name, does he keep getting picked?!

#2 ·
You need to put him on weights, He is just too weak. :yuck:

#3 ·
Suggestion.

If you are going to slaughter a player at least try and

1) get the position he plays right.
2) Get a few of the facts right (he does not keep getting picked).

other than that I agree, he isn't very good.

#5 ·
Owenization-NRG said:
whats with you and Mellor anyways?

Fir: If you're here to flame please get your facts straight, maybe you will see in his "actual" position he is not bad ;)

In his actual position he's worse.

#9 ·
Agree with CR and ORG.. and Firenze at that..

Nunez is utter crap.. I know he was brought it as a 'get HIM or nothing' in the Owen deal.. but since his arrival.. I haven't seen ANY positives coming from him.. Rafa has used him as a squad player to rest some of the 1st team.. or when injuries have made his selection a must.. and in both cases.. he's been poor.. I'm SO glad Smicer is back.. even if he plays as he did under GH.. that's leagues ahead of Nunez..

And no we're not talking about Josemi.. who IS the right back.. Nunez is a right midfielder/winger who's heading ability is better than his crossing!! When u know u have someone who heads well.. u should be happy.. but when it's a winger.. and he can't cross.. u do feel u have an issue :)

#10 ·
easy to slaughter players ,nunez is an easy target ,this a fella is hasn't played a full 90 minutes consistently in his professional career EVER . We all know including benitez that he's not exactly world class ,but I have seen some potential in him ,he is a naturel wide player .offers width and seems to do quite well in one half of a match ,but fades badly in the second ,he cannot play consistently well for a whole match ,becos he has never played a whole match for years ,so what the feck do people expect ??? give the fella a chance ,liverpool fans in recent years have been to quick to jump on players back ,I remember finnan getting criticised last year ,yes some of it was deserved but his performances this season has shut everyone off ,should be a warning to people before indulging in their favourite sport of whinging and whining.
The more games the bettert nunez will get I think he could link up okay with morientes ,going into wide position and lobbing over a cross for morientes to get on the end of prehaps.

#12 ·
Maybe now people realize why Real Madrid supporters booed him for 20 straight minutes against Valencia when he missed two sitters, and then was oblivious to a pass made to him by Zidane.

Awful, awful player.

#14 ·
Owenization-NRG said:
You never said that when we signed him, Maybe if you did we would have actually known what to expect.

Did anyone else groan when he was put on for Riise?
What?

I've said all along how terrible Nunez is... I even called him 'left over scrap meat' and took alot of heat for it from people.

#19 ·
Owenization-NRG said:
yes yes i remember all that scrap meat stuff but i wish you told us about the booing. that is what i mean.
Ah, might as well let the 'pool fans boo him themselves.

P.S.: The only reason he got into the first team was because Carlos Queiroz wanted to have a deeper squad and brought up alot of the junior players. He barely played and was absolutely attrocious when he did.

I hope 'Pool cuts their losses and ditches this guy, because I'm quickly becoming a huge Benitez supporter. Of course, it doesn't hurt that you guys have one of our treasured sons in Moro... man, the guy brings a tear to my eye when I see him cast that huge smile... we've seen that smile countless times as Madridistas and are so proud of him.

Alright, I'm rambling now... speaking of Morientes tends to do that to me. You guys got a real beauty there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.