Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
I'll never understand why Inter didn't sell Perisic when Man Utd under Mourinho came knocking, and they purportedly offered good money.

An average player at best.
:undecided:

i never agree with lines above. i think he has been among the best left footed players in serie A for some years as well as for his Croatian NT. so dangerous on the left flank and scores goals regularly too.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Godin injury to add to the list (Lazaro, Politano). No surprise, seeing as he is 33 and just played 11 months of football uninterrupted.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Currently on course for a bad game against Spurs.

A goal down within 2 minutes.

The line-up is absolutely diabolical with 5 players that have no place being in the first team, even at this stage of pre-season:

Candreva
Stop this madness now, please. This idiot CANNOT be backup to a totally unproven Austrian

Dalbert
Awful as usual, although Biraghi will surely come

D'Ambrosi
Ok, Bastoni (who was amazing against PSG) and Godin are both injured...

Esposito - he's a child

Perisic -
so, so bad as an SS

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Poor Conte going apesh*t on the sidelines.... I wonder how he's actually feeling about his decision......

Perisic works hard to win the ball but fairly pointless cross to Dalbert in the box....

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Spurs totally dominating every aspect of the game in the first 15.

Inter just hitting hopeful balls down the channels to Esposito and Perisic to no effect

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
A few balls won in midfield via a very strong pressing game. But absolutely toothless going forward.

Pointless shot from Perisic from 25 yards.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Amazing effort from Brozo from 25 yards off the inside of the post. Unlucky.

Only chance so far.

Candreva skinned by Rose and booked.

Woeful touchline work from Dalbert. He's seen quite a bit of the ball but looks like an English Championship-level player here.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Sensi goal.

Amazing play

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Ingenious assist from Esposito. Really world class.

I may have to edit my previous post, haha

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Seems like Brozo and Sensi take it in turns to push forward and attack. When they find angles in the middle it's dynamic, but the wide play is not good.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Poor cross Dalbert in a good position.

Candreva has a b×tch fit and slams the ball into the ground. Would probably have got a second yellow in a competitive match
Idiot.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Gaglia off for Barella. Gaglia was pretty poor IMO.

ONE horrible pass from Barella to give Spurs possession in a great area....

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Handa saved a certain goal from Son after an appalling mistake by (I think) Politano

De Marco needed 30 seconds on the pitch to put in a more dangerous cross than any Dalbert provided.... looks a good player but seemingly won't be kept.

Both teams mean about 5 subs around the 80th minute mark, so from that point on it wasn't a serious contest anymore, just a training-style kick-about.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Decent performance

There were certainly phases of the game where Inter were the better team and controlled the play.

Candreva and Dalbert still look like poor options out wide.

But the team is incredibly well organised and really fights for every ball. And at times there was some super-smart interplay between Brozo-Sensi-Esposito.

Politano doesn't look like he fits into the system.

Same applies to Perisic.

Some encouraging signs, but the no-striker farce has to be brought to an end immediately. It can't go on.

·
Registered
57,649 Posts
Despite all the drama with Nainggolan and Icardi, and the striker Mercato talk, but the results in pre-season, against good teams, are ok/acceptable. I can't judge performances much as none of those matches were televised here and work also clashed with their timings, but draws with juve, psg and Spurs are alright.

Skriniar could have done better in the Spurs goal based on highlights.

Indeed the assist of Esposito was class. One touch. For a 17 year old this is brilliant. Good quick thinking.

Not forgetting that Tottenham's season starts next week while ours starts in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Despite all the drama with Nainggolan and Icardi, and the striker Mercato talk, but the results in pre-season, against good teams, are ok/acceptable. I can't judge performances much as none of those matches were televised here and work also clashed with their timings, but draws with juve, psg and Spurs are alright.

Skriniar could have done better in the Spurs goal based on highlights.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L_9XTOQmjeM

Indeed the assist of Esposito was class. One touch. For a 17 year old this is brilliant. Good quick thinking.

Not forgetting that Tottenham's season starts next week while ours starts in 3 weeks.
It really was quite a good performance, given the circumstances.

You have to wonder how an Inter team with Dzeko, Lukaku (if the deal is back on, like Conte has suggested), Godin, Lazaro, a fully fit Barella and Asamoah would have fared against Spurs today.

Brozovic, Sensi, Esposito and De Vrij were just excellent.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Esposito will be something special no doubt, he has the football brain of a seasoned footballer. Watched him against Juve and PSG, looked unbelievable for his age. Would be great if he got alot of second half game time this season for his development. Then again the way the mercato is goinf he might be our first choice.

·
Registered
57,649 Posts
Amazing effort from Brozo from 25 yards off the inside of the post. Unlucky.

Only chance so far.

Candreva skinned by Rose and booked.

Woeful touchline work from Dalbert. He's seen quite a bit of the ball but looks like an English Championship-level player here.
Waiiiit

Didn't you and Azz argue with me once before about describing/considering a shot from distance as a 'chance'?

Thanks for proving me right eventually :stuckup: :D

·
Registered
57,649 Posts
SQUAD STRAIGHT BACK TO WORK, 5-1 IN THE FRIENDLY AGAINST PRO SESTO

A starting side made up from the players least involved in the ICC match against Tottenham

05/08/2019 - 15:45

APPIANO GENTILE - The squad were straight back to work after our victory on penalties against Tottenham in the final match of the International Champions Cup. We played a friendly against Pro Sesto for the players who collected the fewest minutes in the match in London, along with those not called up for the match and some of the players from the Primavera side. A 5-1 victory for the Nerazzurri with a hat-trick from Lautaro Martinez and the other goals from Vecino and Politano.

---

Lautaro scoring a hattrick is good even if against lower league opposition

81 - 100 of 126 Posts