Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
17,029 Posts
I just read this thread. Thanks Toni for the great translations and riveting story. :p I hope he goes to Genoa. Some drama never hurts and him not being from the city, don't see why he should care about city rivalries.

·
Registered
58,589 Posts
It will expire next June.
So would you sell him to Genoa in Jan to save his wages and make some money or let him run his contract down ?

Pavoletti looks like he's leaving so Genoa could use a forward.

·
Registered
46,047 Posts
So would you sell him to Genoa in Jan to save his wages and make some money or let him run his contract down ?
Sampdoria would just save his wages but Cassano moving to Genoa CFC after pretending he is sampdoriano would be priceless. I'd love to see the faces of the sampdoriani who now moan because Cassano the sampdoriano is not given a chance to play.

·
Registered
46,047 Posts
The contract had been rescinded in January but Cassano could train with our Primavera till February 28. The hope was that Cassano could find a new club by February 28, but it didn't happen, and Carlo Osti, our sporting director, had to tell him the time was over and he could not train at Mugnaini any more. Cassano didn't miss the chance to whine about it through his wife's twitter but truth is that if those were the agreements there is nothing he can blame our management for. For some reason he also blamed Giampaolo who had had kind words for Cassano. Anyway, Cassano can't be signed by any club till the next season, but a lot of clubs offered him the chance to train with them. One of these clubs is the Sampierdarenese, club who take part in the prima categoria ligure (just to give you an idea: serie A ---> serie B ----> Lega Pro ----> serie D ----> Eccellenza ----> Promozione ----> Prima categoria).
And yes, if you want to use the words of their chairman, Sampierdarenese is the "mother" of Sampdoria, as Sampdoria was the result of the merging of Sampierdarenese and Andrea Doria. I prefer to say this is the club which was born in 1946 in order to replace "locally" and at an amateur level a club which was going to become something bigger by merging with another.

·
Registered
46,047 Posts
Antonio Cassano signed a contract with Hellas Verona eight days ago. Today he announced his retirement and a press conference in order to explain the reasons of his choice. Then, during the press conference, he announced he had reconsidered in the meanwhile and will go on playing. "A moment of weakness, I was fatigued and missed my family".

7wHbNgk6sqI

·
Registered
44,738 Posts
What about now that he's changed his mind again and is gonna play for Genoa for reals? :hmm:

·
Registered
46,047 Posts
Not yet!
He has just tweeted he is not retiring but he is simply leaving Hellas Verona because he doesn't feel "mentally stimulated" in staying there even if he has realized "he is physically very well" after 15 days of trainings.

·
Administrator
52,834 Posts
He must be diagnosed, must be bipolar or some form anxiety / depression. Verona president literally said as a reason for this being:

“This guy’s head isn’t right, even though he’s very good physically and athletically. He’ll leave,” he told ANSA.

"“Professionally, you can’t accuse him of doing anything wrong. Evidently, he can’t remain serene and clearheaded in a group and wants to stay at home.

“There’s an up and a down with him, he talks and then he’s silent. It’s a shame because he was doing everything well in a professional sense.”

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Reactions: ToniSamp
41 - 60 of 64 Posts