Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about most Valencia fans' dislike of Real Madrid.

I never realized it until recently, but then I didn't know any real valencianistas until recently. My family are mostly madridistas, from Alcoy, a city in the Valencian region (but not close to the city) where most people are Barça fans and the rest are Madrid fans. (This may have changed in the last 3-4 years, but up through when I was there nobody was a fan of any other team.) So I grew up madridista but became a Valencia fan after I got into soccer; it seemed more normal to me as an American to follow the regional team even if it wasn't good. Obviously, I still like Madrid whenever they're not playing against Valencia.

It seemed normal; Valencia's greatest rival was Barcelona (and we kept beating them), and there was the political aspect of Valencia resisting being part of els països catalans. Not that being part of Spain was what everyone wanted, but Catalonia's attitude towards Valencia was seen as more offensive.

Then the Champion's League final between Valencia and Madrid came. It sounded so friendly before the game, like a festival more than a deathmatch. I remember one of the radio commentators saying they should both play in their white shirts, tie 0-0, and give one team the "Champion's" and the other team the "League".

I didn't hear any hatred until Madrid became the team to beat in Spain after Barcelona's fall and all the talk about Mendieta moving to Madrid. Did things actually change? Does Valencia simply hate whichever other team is near the top?

I'd like to hear all your thoughts.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't really dislike R.Madrid, however I do dislike Mancester Hooligans United.

Therefore no comments about antimadridistas.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Why antimadridista

There are a few reasons why Valencianos hate Madrid:
-- They have all the money.
-- They win all the time.
-- Mijatovic ...
-- Almost getting Mendieta last year.
-- The fans are extremely pretentious and don't understand the hardships of the smaller teams in Spain ...
That's a few reasons ...
I am much like you ... I love Valencia very much, but if Madrid is playing against a German team in the CL,
how can I cheer against them? They're from Spain! But if they play in the league, I always cheer against them!
- Amunt! - C

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well ibiza, I can't answer your original question (cos I don't live in Valencia and it's hard for me to express people's mood -I can just say that from all news I can get the general attitude towards Real doesn't seem to be a friendly one;) ) but I can tell you just couple(not all) of my personal reasons (briefly)for disliking them(eventhough I'm not sure you wanna hear them):

--arrogance (they often think they are the best team in the world, even when they are not like we showed them this season, and that's not just a casual characteristic in their DNA):eek:

--anti-Robin Hood mentality (they take from poor (tax money) and give it to the rich(fatass players and their agents)):eek:

--"buy huge" mentality (if they continue like this in couple of years they won't have a single player who made his "name" playing for them....except Raul....who will be just an exception which confirms the rule):eek:

--I prefer underdogs :howler:

--eventhough I'm not a Barca fan I've got a soft spot for them (cos it's the only big city I've been so far in Spain) so naturally that one more reason to dislike them:tongue:

on the side note, I don't have that Spanish "thing"( which means that I have to adore everything what comes from Spain), what basically means that I would root for anyone(not just underdog Germans) who plays against R.Madrid(except maybe ManU).....:D

and btw,I don't dislike them for having more money and silverware (cos that would be a sign of inferiority complex like our dr.Phil said once:tongue: ) or because Mijatovic/Mendieta (it's just reason for disliking those players).....it's just you've got to dislike someone:tongue:
....and they fit perfectly well :tongue: :D :eek:

·
Registered
190 Posts
JEALOUSY? :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Jealousy ... jealous of how much $$ they make, how the referees are on their side and how they can afford every great player in the world or should I say, how they steal every player
and they STILL didn't win the Liga and the Copa ... yeah, I guess that's jealousy ...

·
Registered
190 Posts
they dont 'steal' every player...the players that come to play for them want to win something right? and thats the only reason...the fans werent upset at all over zidane's departure were they? referees on their side? come on...plain jealousy. and even if they didnt win copa and liga, they still won the most prestiged prize in europe, the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

arsenal will beat them next season though. if we dont, barca will.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Maybe it's not stealing to you, but when the government helps you out with bushels of cash,
when you can afford any player you want and will do whatever you want to get them ...
When referees DO help you ... (watch some of the games, please) ... the system is a little unfair to the smaller teams ... saying all that, they're better than Arsenal ... - Me

·
Registered
9 Posts
Real Madrid is the luck team.
always play whit the worse in the worse group...
the major of madrid give then money etc...
his players are so idiot, Raul, Zidane, guti, Morientes, Hierro...etc
i hate then so much.

Aupa Atleti, antimadridistas por siempre.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What you've all said makes sense, though much of it can be applied to any big team.

What I question the most is if the feeling is the same when Barcelona is dominating the Spanish league as they were several years ago. I didn't follow soccer until the late 90s so I don't know.

M

·
0 Posts
Some points will be relevent there aswell (if Barca were champions) ...but Barca dont share all these traits with Real.

Real are, in all factuality money hungry to an extent that even exceeds most of the giants in Europe ( a scary thought) and seem to have everything in the way of luck pushing them to win the competitions...this is friustrating particulalr ysince they top it all off with arrogance.

H

·
0 Posts
I don't hate Real Madrid a lot but they are the only club in the Spanish Primera Liga which i hate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts