Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres always some sort of carry on happening on the sideline, at football matches isn't there. Some old Granny waving her walking stick at the ref, mum and dad yelling at their lad to get in and score a hattrick, couple of fathers having a go at each other over a disputed goal, girl friend waving her bra when you look over;)

Whats the funniest thing you've seen on the sideline when you've been playing?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
one of the players that plays on my sunday teams made a bad challenge and started a slanging match with some woman on the touchline. the next thing i noticed was an opponent shouting out, "mum, i can handle this. i don't need your help.":D :D :D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
The biggest thing I've ever seen on the sideline was when I was a GK. One of my guys was walking down the touchline because he was a winger. Then suddenly a man strikes him on the head. So the father of the boy runs across the whole pitch with an umbrella in his hand. He then kicks through an advertising board an wants to hit the man with the umbrella.

This was pretty shocking. We're talking about 12 year old kids right now. If the dads act like this, how are they when they see professional football?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
None of the things you guys have mentionned have ever happened at my games. Except there was one soccer mom when I was playing in the U-8 division who would yell for all 60 minutes of the match for her son to run harder, make better passes, score more goals, etc. (We were only 7, so we couldn't play 90 minutes:D). But I am still amazed at how obsessive she was.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Long time ago, I was 21, playing early round US Cup match for an amatuer club team in Queens, NY. There was a younger guy on the other team, too young and inexperienced for this match. He was still with his youthful body, not muscled out yet and most of the guys on the pitch were 25 to 30. I tackled him hard a couple of times and his father started screaming at me from the sideline. There were a couple hundred people there, opponents were a Turkish team, a real tough crowd at a city field covered with glass and rocks... not Wembley.

I got sick of the old man yelling at me and I gave him the finger behind my back. That flipped him out. He went bananas and started throwing rocks at me. Ref stopped game and people were trying to restrain the guy while I laughed at him, raising the temperature even more. Everyone was focusing on this guy going crazy, so I took advantage when no one was looking at me and I lowered the front of my shorts, showed him my d!ck, and motioned like "hey, this is for you". Not a wise move. He apparently started screaming that he had a gun in his car and broke away to run and go get it. My guys grabbed me and ran me to a car where one of our fans burned it out of the neighborhood, or maybe there would have been no Freddie on Xtratime right now.

Ah, the carefree days of my youth! :)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
:howler::D

Damn, this is a great story. Freddie.

How did the match end, or did it end at all?

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
It is not real clear as I look back through the mists of time Deniz, but I believe that the match resumed and we won handily. We were stronger, as evidenced by that youthful guy on the starting eleven on the other side. It was early rounds of the tourney, and I think we won a couple more games before getting blitzed by a semi-pro club.

Something real cool.... last year I surfed around and found this webpage of that very club I was on in that game. I emailed the guy running it, the son of the guy who ran it when I was there. He said his dad remembered me, and I remembered the son as the little kid toddling around the field in my day there. Pretty damn amazing. Time marches on. Fast!

http://server40.hypermart.net/forestpark/FpSplash.html

(lots of popups on this site.... bail out early if you want to.)

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Freddie said:
Long time ago, I was 21, playing early round US Cup match for an amatuer club team in Queens, NY. There was a younger guy on the other team, too young and inexperienced for this match. He was still with his youthful body, not muscled out yet and most of the guys on the pitch were 25 to 30. I tackled him hard a couple of times and his father started screaming at me from the sideline. There were a couple hundred people there, opponents were a Turkish team, a real tough crowd at a city field covered with glass and rocks... not Wembley.

lol....this story could have been set in Bootle, Liverpool - Staylebridge, Manchester - Mangere, Auckland and still been believable. Oh the joys of non professional football;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts