Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since that fat kunt made the ludicrous claims that referees are biased in favour of United, it seems most of the refs have lost the bottle to make the tough decisions.

I thought there was a foul on Macheda in the box that should have been a penalty.

Barry was tugging all over Tevez minutes after outside the box, no call but then he gave a soft foul on Agbonlawhore. :rollani:

Mike Riley was a kunt today, giving Villa all the advantages.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Apart from the 5 minutes which was weird, as in no way should it have been 5 minutes of injury time.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
There were quite a few injuries in the second half. The ones to Barry and Milner come to mind.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
Nah, it shouldnt have been 5 minutes, hehe, but who cares.

And the Barry Tevez tussles were 50-50, because Tevez was tugging at his shirt as much. In overall, ok refereeing, nothing wrong. Extra credits for giving Milner yellow for trying to break early in the inside the box freekick. refs do that way too little.

13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was a lot of time wasting by Villa from the moment they scored the second goal, so I guess it all accumulated, but it didn’t matter in the end Macheda scored in the 91st minute, and the rest was about preserving the lead and playing the time out.

But I mean in general, the refs are scared of being accused of favouring United and some have gone to the other extreme, not giving us anything on the 50-50 decisions. Rafa made those comments exactly to get that reaction and its working out for him, the FA should have come down on his ass:rollani: I'm sure Ferguson or Mourinho couldn't get away with accussing the refs of being biased in favour of a particular team.

The 50-50 decisions, I will give another example around the 70th minutes the ball was passed to Evra and he was shielding it, the ref gave Villa a foul for obstruction:googly: I need to see the game again, but there was a catalogue of decisions like this throughout the game.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Apart from the 5 minutes which was weird, as in no way should it have been 5 minutes of injury time.
Well if you pay a bit extra then you should get a bit extra.;)

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Well the lines men gave two offside decisions which were questionable to say the least(Young 1v1 against VdS was shocking) but I don't hear any of you complaining when a call goes your way.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Well the lines men gave two offside decisions which were questionable to say the least(Young 1v1 against VdS was shocking) but I don't hear any of you complaining when a call goes your way.
I actually said a free run in goal from Agbhonlahor behind Neville is on the way, as he was always too pushed up and slow, when the ref ruled out 2 Villa runs as offside within minutes. Neville played horribly today, he was Villa's best player.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Well it is Neville... no offense meant ofcourse but playing him as a central defender is about as crazy as sticking a 17 year old to win a match. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it fails miserably. Got to hand it to SAF he can't make the most shocking decisions but also some of the most admirable ones. Apart from Wanger I don't think anyone else would have played Kiko in such a situation.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
I see Rio got charged with violent conduct today for throwing an arm at that Hull player over the weekend, he barely connected for christ sake. How the **** is that violent conduct and a potential 3 match ban?

Yet you get Arsenal getting away with William Gallas making an ankle breaking tackle and Nasri pole axing a Hull player a few weeks ago.

I know Arsenal have had some bad luck with penalties not being given to them this season but there isn't a team that has been robbed more than us, in every single big game there's been the refereeing has been one sided in favour of our opponent.

This weeks show of double standards is just the breaking point for me this season, as if the phantom corner and penalty that accounted for city's 2 goals in their disgusting 2-1 win over us last week didn't hurt enough.

Despite all this, the only thing people focus on is the new term 'Fergie time' when Liverpool and Arsenal regularly get 5mins of injury time in home games yet things keep going back to that Michael Owen goal where we got an extra 20 seconds or something.

This just shows what we're up against, it isn't just dealing with losing the best player in the world, or missing the best 2 CBs in the world for most of the season.....we have The FA and the refereeing association 100 percent against us this season.

I hope this doesn't come across as too much of a paranoid whinge but I know for a fact a lot of other United fans feel this way and after the City game last week a mate who supports Birmingham thought that we've been at the brunt of some joke refereeing decisions this season. Of course, he witnessed Fletcher's absolute joke of a red card vs Birmingham that cost us 2 pts.

Lucky/Ac360 was right last season, but it's gotten even worse. Rafa's rant is finally paying off. Unlucky for Liverpool that they've not been at the races this season.

How many people think we'll get a penalty tomorrow or on Sunday? There's just no way I can see that happening.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Don't bother reading that long shit, just a mindless, incoherent rant. To put it short, we are facing 14 men every game and something won't be done with it because of the ABU culture of this country.

They absolutely despise us, it's been a very painful 3 years for them having seen their predictions of us finishing outside the top 4 go up in smoke. They're just sitting and waiting for us to fall. Absolutely no admiration or appreciation for the most successful club of the last 2 decades in the world and the greatest manager living. It's just sad.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Shocking outcome for Rio.
Absolutely disgraceful stuff, I just knew it was coming judging by the things we've seen this season.

And even if we successfully appeal, or try to postpone it so he can face City. My points still stand, the Rio thing was just final confirmation for even the blindest of tools. Was absolutely gobsmacked Gallas got away with that ankle breaker last week, but you know the drill, no way we can let our beloved Arsenal lose their best and most experienced centre half for a game against the filthy Mancs.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
rio's was quite clearly a violent elbow though- has only himself to blame. should no much better. vidic was lucky to get away with something similar earlier in the season, this time ferdinand isnt so lucky.

yes gallas's tackle was worthy of a red, but his offence was not violent or intended.

think this paranoia is just typical of what every fan thinks about their club- we are all persecuted by the refs.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
What? Rio swang an arm into Fagan's head, it's a punishable offence. The whole system is wrong. Steve Bennett didn't see the incident, so the FA can punish Rio, but because the ref saw the incident involving Gallas, they can't. Absolute joke.

·
Registered
790 Posts
think this paranoia is just typical of what every fan thinks about their club- we are all persecuted by the refs.
There's paranoia and then there's blatant disregard for the rules. When Eduardo got his leg broken by that birmingham player, people were calling for the player to be banned from football. He got a sending off at least.

Gallas makes the same kind of tackle and gets a slap on the wrist...

It's not calling for special treatment for United...its calling judging all by the measure regardless of how they cut their cloth.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
There's paranoia and then there's blatant disregard for the rules. When Eduardo got his leg broken by that birmingham player, people were calling for the player to be banned from football. He got a sending off at least.

Gallas makes the same kind of tackle and gets a slap on the wrist...

It's not calling for special treatment for United...its calling judging all by the measure regardless of how they cut their cloth.
I thought he died :confused:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Rio handed four-game ban

Rio Ferdinand has been handed a four-match suspension after being found guilty of violent conduct by the Football Association.

The Reds' defender was involved in an off-the-ball incident during United's 4-0 victory over Hull City and will now miss the next four matches against Arsenal, Portsmouth, Aston Villa and Everton.

A statement on the FA website said: "At an Independent Regulatory Commission today [Thursday] Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand was given a four-match suspension to be served with immediate effect.

"Ferdinand denied a charge of violent conduct in relation to an incident in Manchester United’s home match with Hull City on Saturday 23 January 2010.

"Furthermore, the Independent Commission felt that the player’s claim against the charge was frivolous and on that basis have awarded an additional one match ban upon the statutory three match ban awarded for violent conduct."

manutd.com

The latest of many examples. Anyone who thinks the FA doesn't have an agenda against Manchester United is sick in the head.

Misses Arsenal away on Sunday, Pompey at home + Villa and Everton away.

Thankfully we have a more than capable replacement in Evans. Vidic needs to avoid injury for the next month though.

BTW, this means Rio won't be able to play a competitive game until the Milan away game. After playing 90 minutes twice in 4 days, perhaps a 2 weeks+ rest could do him welll given he was out for 3 months.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts