Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we made it clear Scudetto is the prime objective this year, it remain a fact that after last year we are left with no option but to throw our best shot to try and win Serie A 2008-2009, leaving 2 years of fighting for the 4th spot behind..

To be honest, and I mean no disrespect to anyone here, I never saw Mancini as a successful coach, and I do not know how he won 2 Scudettos, I think its because Milan and Juventus were out of the picture so early perhaps!!

Now that Mourinho came, I think Inter made one of the best moves in their history!!!

He's the Portuguese Capello if you ask me, if he managed to formulate his team in order to obtain a consistent strong one, then we can kiss Serie A goodbye for a while, because they certainly had the squad septh all along, but now the proper coach is here..

Looking back at his days at Chelsea, Mourinho's style if you think of it is exactly what Inter lacked for a long time now.. Tactical stability, and proper control!! He wants the good performance but cares only for results.. He's quite a character as well, Moratti will put all his powers below him now!!

In that issue, we must have some concerns, that Juventus fans might share with us as well, not that Inter is having a good run in Serie A to hang on to at the moment, but the fact that they added such a manager to their squad, how can Ancelotti now bring it on and do it against Mourinho?!

As for us, being a physically struggling squad is the biggest point we must fear.. We had 3-4 good additions this summer, but what increase in squad depth have we achieved?? On the technical level, how are we going to change? Will we start a new style this year or carry on with the 3 man Midfield 2 AMs behind a striker?

Many things to add and discuss, plenty of time to do so ;)

FORZA MILAN :heart:
its 2008-2009 everybody ;)

·
1st Tier Poster
49,978 Posts
Inter is the Bizarroteam where great talent may turn into crap (Cannavaro) and mediocrity can shine (Materazzi, Mancini) so it wouldn't surprise me if Mourinho fails there. But most likely he doesn't, he's too good.

Credit to Inter for letting Mancini go despite of the two league titles, it was a brave decision in a way. Shows that they know very well how little these Scudettos were worth in this minimal competition.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Depends on how much stock you guys have in the refs this season...better hope you have enough to keep up with the other two big boys. Good luck this upcoming season.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
wonder how the italian refs will hold up against the mind games mourinho like to play. one unfortunate ref decided to 'retire' due to his unhelpful comment.

but his presence is good for the italian league.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
IMO Mancini became very good. At the beginninmg he looked completely lost, but many of his bizarre moves actually worked well, like Zanetti on midfield.

Mourinho definitely deserves a move like that, but it still very risky. I would not want my team to let go such succesful coach. Mourinho as replacement is more than ideal for them though.

But remember that Inter are capable of making Lippi look like a bad coach.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
He's a great coach but Inter are certainly not unbeatable with Mourinho. I personally dont rate Mancini and Inter's more recent success has also been due to the weaker showings of the 'normal' rivals. The battle at the top of the table for the coming season should be much more tight and fierce between all four of the top clubs. With or without Mourinho we still have a great chance of winning the Scudetto.

His arrival in Serie A has really highlighted that the league is most certainly on the up, especially when you take into account the other high profile players that have joined from the other big leagues.

·
Registered
12,312 Posts
Remember that Mourinho hadnt had a home lose with Chelsea!

But, if the Inter team stays like it is (+Muntari) I dont think they will win the sccudetto like they have done the last 2 season - undeserved.

BTW, our board should think hard if they want Inter to catch us up in the numbers of sccudetods!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
He hasn't played a single Serie A game and still, already became the guy for the rest to look up to..... as seen from Izecson's opening. ;)

His records against Fergueson, in his first game, from the start in the premer league demonstrated how good he is.. and probably caused the concern.

To feel good , these are the following expected indulgence.....

1) We have Ronaldinho, he makes Mourinho tremble.
2) We have only worhtless UEFA to play, So Scudetto is ours.
3) Lippi is a good reference, lets imagine Mourinho is Lippi @ Inter.
4) Mourinho create open-pressures on the refs. We are Victims.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I absolutely agree that Jose is likely to put refs under pressure, which makes him 100 % compatible with Moratti and therefore they will form a dangerous duet!:irritate:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Mourinho is great coach no doubt,lets talk about the realities,he didnt win the CL with Chealse and won scudetto when Manchester in difficult status,whenever Manchester had a great team,Mourinho forgot the scudetto.He won 1 CL with Porto,just because of us,Mourinho's Porto didnt win it,we lost it to them because of some problems such as rotation e.t.c.

Mourinho is a great mentor and however he get the best out of his players but at inter it will be a bit different,inter has many strikers and some of them wont play in Mourinho's 4-3-3,especially i wonder how ibrahimovic who is the most useful player of them,will play in 4-3-3.

i dont think Mourinho is better than Ancelotti

Mourinho just talks and talks.

Amauri said that Juve is stronger than Milan and however that was the joke of the century then A10 continues.First win a cl since 43 years then talk.please.

·
Registered
23,830 Posts
Mourinho is great coach no doubt,lets talk about the realities,he didnt win the CL with Chealse and won scudetto when Manchester in difficult status,whenever Manchester had a great team,Mourinho forgot the scudetto.He won 1 CL with Porto,just because of us,Mourinho's Porto didnt win it,we lost it to them because of some problems such as rotation e.t.c.

Mourinho is a great mentor and however he get the best out of his players but at inter it will be a bit different,inter has many strikers and some of them wont play in Mourinho's 4-3-3,especially i wonder how ibrahimovic who is the most useful player of them,will play in 4-3-3.

Amauri said that Juve is stronger than Milan and however that was the joke of the century then A10 continues.First win a cl since 43 years then talk.please.
So Mourinho is a great coach but he only won titles because the opponents sucked? Is that the point you're making?

And he gets the best out of his players, but he won't at Inter because we have too many strikers?

Ok then... :neutral:

Oh sorry, we haven't won the CL in 43 years. I'll be quiet until we do... :mute:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
With Sully Muntari and Mourinho Inter are unbeatable and will surely play exciting football :neutral:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
So Mourinho is a great coach but he only won titles because the opponents sucked? Is that the point you're making?

And he gets the best out of his players, but he won't at Inter because we have too many strikers?

Ok then... :neutral:

Oh sorry, we haven't won the CL in 43 years. I'll be quiet until we do... :mute:
The first is true,yeah the oppenents sucked just because of that he won the titles.

then true he gets the best out of his players especially from young players and he is a chance for players like Balotelli but yet we are talking about ibrahimovic,i wonder how he will play in 4-3-3,your most useful player,then supermaniac Adriano,finished Figo,very predicatable winger Mancini,what counts even if Mourinho gets the best out of theirs?is it important Mourinho gets the best out of Bolzoni,Maxwell e.t.c. while he doesnt get the best out of ibra?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
ARe you saying that.............. he gets the best out of his young players in order to make the opponent suck? :googly:

and that Older guys are difficult for him? Like Makelele, Dmitry Alenichev must have sucked big time. Why couldnt he make old dudes make the opponents suck then?

oh btw, there was a practice match yesterday, if you could catch a clue on ibrahimovic's possible involvement. SuperMaNiAc's role, Oldie Figo, Predictable Amatino.

·
Registered
12,312 Posts
Seriously guys, you have bigger issues than Mourinho's tactical choices...
if this is your team:

Cesar
Maicon-Samuel-Chivu-Maxell
Zanneti-Vieira-Muntari
Mancini-Ibra-Adriano/Cruz

I think that its not a champions team UNLESS they have a big help ...

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
I personally feel our XI is stronger than theirs, but its the depth that gives them a HUGE advantage.

See our teams during the 2003 to 2006.

Calciopoli (and Sheva..) ruined it all.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
if this is your team:

Cesar
Maicon-Samuel-Chivu-Maxell
Zanneti-Vieira-Muntari
Mancini-Ibra-Adriano/Cruz

I think that its not a champions team UNLESS they have a big help ...

you forgot their best midfielder...

and balotelli who is more comfortable on the side than adriano or cruz.

A

·
0 Posts

you may call him lucky then, what says that we won't continue to suck, that is, that Mourinho would have luck again now.
for me it doesn't matter why the other teams sucked, he won, that's a fact. I don't think we should underestimate Mourinho at all, because he certainly has proved himself...

1 - 20 of 174 Posts