Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
george,
-Brazilian clubs have played like that for a long time.
-The national team doesn't play dirty, it never has, except in 74.
-the fan base will not decrease, as the brazilian society is violent
- corruption their has alsways been, and their are in many European countries at the same level.....ask Glen and he will give you some tips about his "vecchia signora"!
-don't worry , Brazil wil always be the land of football!
- Crowds have gone down after Oraganized supporters were banned in 95 to enter stadiums!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
First of all Ze you could re-open the topic nd nswer there.You are moderator here for god's shake!

Secondly,I like Brazilian football.I dont have the chance to watch many games but I like ll this roughness.So if the plyers,the coaches and tha fans are ok with it,let the show begin! it is something different than Europian football.Corrupt refs re all over the world,Ze gve a prime examble and I can give you nother one with Olympiakos here in Greece.Now more or less this is hppening,it must stop but is not only in Brazil.Fellipao has his style,like it or not he is SUCCESFUL.With Palmeiras he had EXACTLY 3 good players (Alex,Roque Junior,Arce) and 3 half-decent (Marcos,Junior,Euller) and look what he achieved...

Brazilian football is not worst or better,its different.Personally I have no problem with it.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amoroso,
It was not me who closed it!:) that's why i answered here!:)
ABout good players...you should place Junior and Marcos as excellent and Arce as average as he has not played half of what he did at Gremio.
All this sucess of Palmieras with this team goes to one sinlge man: FELIPAO. Palmieras play EXACLTY the same way teh very AVERAGE Gremio of Arce, Rivarola, Emerson, Paulo Nunes and Jardel did.....
the violence bit , we are all used to it....I prefere players kicking each other and defending the colours of the club then having fairy tails cruising around the pitch.
fans (true ones like in Brazil) ximply love when guys like Edmundo, Romario, ARGEL etc.... play for the team because they don't care, tehy go out and play..no fuss!:)
that's whay football is all about anyway!:)
And wen we play aborad we don't beat people up, we play football on the flooor, so the whole world knows who's are the ral masters:) (i'mnot being arrogant...just telling the truth!:))

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amoroso,
can't be bothered...it was not me..so whoever it was that should open!:)

About Felipao...visit the pigs site..or any Brazilian site tomorrow.. http://www.lancenet.com.br!
they lose tomorrow, and if they lose he wil go to Vasco tomorrow, everything is already singed I think!:)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Rivaldo asked me to supply the forum with his answer (he also said that as long as Kafka is not back, he will not post personally)

A statement made by Rivaldo this week has caused a lot of controversy in the press and got an undue amount of coverage. As far as he is concerned, the art in football is being stifled. It does seem a bit strange for one of the most talented and skilful players in the world to say this. But this simple statement does not convey the whole story it is just the tip of the iceberg. The Brazilian international and Barcelona star explained the confusion that has arisen over his rather provocative phrase and confirms his belief that memorable football spectacles are still not out of the question..

Is the art of football really dead?

Rivaldo: That is not entirely what I meant to say what I mean is that no one is fooled anymore at world class level in football. But it is increasingly difficult for players to go out onto the pitch and provide the best and most skilful football.

And why do you think that is?

R.: Lack of time to train. Even more so for the World Cup qualifiers. We only play once a month, and this is the only time that the team is together as one.

So you do not believe that we will see any more shows of memorable football?

R.: I think that we will in the end. It is merely a matter of how long it will take. It is much easier in a club environment because the players train together at least twice a week. Players need to be train together more at national level to be able to give their best in a tournament like a World Cup qualifying event.

Do you believe that this is possible right now?

R.: At the moment it looks unlikely.

Even knowing that this is what the fans want to see?

R.: We are used to this sort of pressure in Brazil. It is hard to please everyone; we know that both the press and the fans expect a lot from us here in Brazil and we will give our best and are prepared to shrug off the negative vibes.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...what I find particularly interesting is the "at clubs they train at least twice a week" bit. What, twice a week. What is that ? Did he mean Anelka or are there clubs in first class football who make their highearners train TWICE a WEEK... ?

CESF

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And sadly Rivaldo is right, after the way brasil played yeserday, adn italy and France going to the final..he is simply true:(.....although I did like that Ilaty went, as the referee was totally biased towards Holland!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alexx,
do yu knjow were clubs train more, in Italy or Spain?
I know that in Brazil they train much more tahn in England, in everything, from tactics, to physical condition and skills!
And Roberto Carlos said that in Europe he trains less than in Brazil! But then again in Europe their are less games than in Brazil...and the pressure is lower, cause in Brazil is win or win, no defeat is accepted!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts