Xtratime Community banner

Another weird injury for Strauber...

253 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gilli 
#1 ·
A while ago amfan brought us stories on Liran's past with weird injuries from a UEFA Article and tonight they can add another one as Strauber is doubtful for the Sunday match against Maccabi Petah Tikva (and possibly the Juventus match) after trying to fill up a glass with boiled water. Unfortunately, the glass wasn't strong enough and it broke right into his hands, which means both of his hands were cut. Reminds me of the time when Santiago Canizares missed WC 2002 after an aftershave bottle landed right on his foot.

Get well soon Liran. ;)

#3 ·
Anyone who got insulted on Wonderful Country (ERETZ NEHDERET) should not come out in public.

They were indeed cruel to him :(

#4 ·
Hope eveything goes fine with Strauber.

BTW do you guys think reserve choice keeper Gal Nir can replace him well? I heard that for some games now some people in Maccabi Tel Aviv are not very satisfied with Strauber performances and that even Ubarov, the keeper coach was giving support for Gal Nir to have his chance. Can he hold Juventus?

#5 ·
berko said:
Hope eveything goes fine with Strauber.

BTW do you guys think reserve choice keeper Gal Nir can replace him well? I heard that for some games now some people in Maccabi Tel Aviv are not very satisfied with Strauber performances and that even Ubarov, the keeper coach was giving support for Gal Nir to have his chance. Can he hold Juventus?
I've heard some good things about him. Although it was hard to say how good he is in the derby, in the one time he had to make a save he screwed up on a ball and gifted Valdeiro a great chance that was somehow missed, from 5 metres. But he is a former U-21 keeper so he must be pretty good, and considering Strauber is having a bad season I think he could be do a good job. But certainly it isn't easy to get into Strauber's shoes in a CL match against Juventus, whether it's their best or reserve team.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.