Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think mr. Galliani should buy a striker in this winter break.

We might have Tomasson and Boriello, and even Kaká could play there. Carletto has even tryed Serginho as forward.

But those are not superb choices to me.
Very good players yes, some of them very promising, Tomasson remains unpredictable; he scores important amount of goals, but if he doesn't, you won't even notice he's there. He's skilled and all he could do more, but doesn't participate in the game.

If Kaká is played as a forward, our creativity department would be restricted to Rui...and unfortunately he's can't be trusted even for a whole game for that lately. He often shines for 20 minutes and misses everything else... :rolleyes:

A valtid option would be to move Pirlo forward and give Ambrosini and even Redondo a chance. But I don't see that happening.

Serginho is still better for 2nd halves in my oppinion. Borriello looks good, but not to make an impact yet.

Another forward would be good..and one of the above could be left, for the right prize.
Our offense has depth, but not "that" quality (Juve, Madrid and co. ) after Rivaldo has left. Even if he didn't perform, having the Rivaldo option out there was a very good thing.

My choice would be...Fernando Torres / Carlos Tévez. :devil:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I hope we get Tevez. Although highly unlikely.

Today I heard a lot of rumours about Prso joining us. I hope not. *praying to god*. Although, Lav is going to be delighted. :tongue:

IMO, he is just a hero of the moment and class less. Imagine his nerves criticizing Pippo when he has done nothing of substance yet. :stress:
Moreover, he is close to 30. Better invest in a youngster.

On the other hand, I believe we need a reliable central defender as a back up to Maldini and Nesta. I don't think I would be able to trust Laursen soon after his latest adventures in the Udinese game.

If Milan decides to wait till the summer before buying a defender then I would hope Simic is trusted more than Laursen.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't want Prso either. Someone more skilled... Van der Vaart also. :cool:

As for defence (and for attack too actually), anyone we buy, he should be prepared to be a sub. For nice while actually. So I'd bet on a young player.
I think defence can hold like it is till next year. Then we should worry about another quality center-back (or if Simic is moved there, another full-back). I'd go for Mexés/ Puyol. Or O'Shea from Manu.

Another forward option should come right now. It's quite a motivational thing also, don't you think?

·
International
9,682 Posts
Chevanton, as stated in another thread, is the name for us. Superb player & proven in Serie A. He might be quite expensive, but didn't we loan Budel to Lecce? We could just give him to them for free, and some other players we've got loaned out now, maybe loan them Borriello too for free until summer, plus some cash. Sounds like a rip off :), but I'm sure a deal can be reached. Anyway, I want Chevanton. We can't miss a player like him. We could even register him for the Champions League, as he's not been involved with Lecce in European Competitions.

A replacement/backup for Seedorf, maybe in summer, and a quality backup in defence [Ferrari? :D Kompany?] also seem needed.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I still think we should "waste" our non-eu on Alex from santos DC!!!!! listen 2 me we need him more than any striker right now..
we could buy any striker eu there are plenty. eg cisse

·
Registered
62 Posts
how bout zlatan ibrahimovic from ajax. anyone from ajax and young is good these days. he is 20 years young and has that big club attitude and expectations.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
David said:
A replacement/backup for Seedorf, maybe in summer, and a quality backup in defence [Ferrari? :D Kompany?] also seem needed.
And Matteo would want to become a bench player instead of club captain because...

Answers on a postcard please to "Dream On, 7 Get Real Street, Parma";)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
As for another striker we need someone who's quite skilled with their feet and to me Chevanton fit's the bill perfectly,His record and experience in Serie A stands for itself and he's only young as well.A very sound Investment.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Terak said:
I still think we should "waste" our non-eu on Alex from santos DC!!!!! listen 2 me we need him more than any striker right now..
we could buy any striker eu there are plenty. eg cisse

Funny. Another ide awe agree on. :D

I also said before that Alex could very well be a brazilian back who actually can handle Serie A. As for strikers, Sheva, Inzaghi, JDT and Kaka can handle it, I think. Perhaps a move for the future is to grab Chevanton (also someone I have been a fan of for a long time), but I don't know if we need anybody immediately.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Its not my money :)D), but I wouldn't waste it on Prso. He has 'flash in the pan' written all over him. As per usual, I am with the wise and sage Dae on this subject about 98% (I'm not sold on Alex...remember that Roque Junior looked really good when he was at Palmeiras), we have more pressing issues than a third or fourth striker...

RIO

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RIO said:
Its not my money :)D), but I wouldn't waste it on Prso. He has 'flash in the pan' written all over him. As per usual, I am with the wise and sage Dae on this subject about 98% (I'm not sold on Alex...remember that Roque Junior looked really good when he was at Palmeiras), we have more pressing issues than a third or fourth striker...

RIO
And what would those pressing issues be RIO?

The thing that remains obvious is that we're a team that's extremely dependent on it's defence -central defence notoriously- and attack.
We depend on Nesta, Maldini; Sheva and Pippo.

Now, you could try and change that by improving the midfield depth with an all-around midfielder or whatsoever.

But, if the choice would be to reinforce one of our strong points, which should it be?
In defence we have Billy, Laursen :stress: , and even Simic to take that replacement role, and they seem to be able to manage it more often than not.

And about the cases upfront I've already expressed my self before.

Thing is, we might also have other issues to solve, but I can't see how they're much more urgent than an extra forward. :rolleyes:

I agree completely about Prso and Alex with you, though.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
geminitoshi said:
how bout zlatan ibrahimovic from ajax. anyone from ajax and young is good these days. he is 20 years young and has that big club attitude and expectations.
wrong, Zlatan is 22, and he isn't ready for a big team like Milan just yet.
No doubt that he has the technical skills that are out of this world, but a great such as van Basten was more than that. van Basten was also a very hard worker, was direct, and had an accurate shot. Zlatan is rather lazy, hangs on the ball way too long, only passes it when he can absolutely not shoot on goal, and his instaneous shot are usually hard, but or way off target, or right at the keeper.
Plus, Ajax will never let a player go easily, and for them, this guy is a potential goldmine, so Milan are gonna have to dig deep into their pockets if they want this guy.
He has the potential to be great I think, but he also end up like Mido, who now plays with Marseille.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
David said:
Chevanton, as stated in another thread, is the name for us. Superb player & proven in Serie A.
please leave him to Lecce!!!....he's young for stay in the bench of Milan.... u don't need of him....

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Van,
If we could buy someone who's both really good and young AND willing to sit on the bench for a while (which may be a combination more available in Fantasyland than in reality ;) ), then I would not object to us buying a forward. If we are just going to buy some had-one-good-match-and-now-is-a-flavor-of-the-month-guy, just to buy somebody, I would object. I personally think we could use another midfielder and another backup defender more. But, its not my money or my decision anyway, so I don't care all that much. :D I just don't want to see Prso wasting space on our bench when he could be warming it in France (its colder there this time of year).

RIO

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Prso? :howler:

You could make a better swap deal a la Giuly or Rothen.. hey wait, I'm giving you ideas..:mute:

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
dont know why everyone laughs at prso. a guy gets a little bit of success and people jump on him for it and start to put him down.

anyhow theres only one striker id want to sign and thats ruuuuud. i know most of you dont think highly of him from a previous thread we had but youre all crazy, totally insane. i cant believe he doesnt score a hat-trick every game, thats how good he is;-)

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Prso is just not Milan material. He might be actually, but he hasn't proven it at all. One of those on hot-form players very likely already on the only superb week he'll ever have. :rolleyes:

Ruud is amazing, a top-class striker no doubt. He's better than Pippo in my view, but that doesn't mean we should replace him...
And I don't think it's a reasonable option now. We have already a great guy for tap-ins, we don't need another yet.
I'd go for someone young and offering something different from what we already have.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
we can rotate between the 3 of them so when we hit a scoring slump we have a great option either way. and id give him more than a tap in player, he can set up and challenge the defenders.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts