Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We do have our own players abroad thread but I guess there some times when certain players deserve more than that, so here's one of those moments. :) Unfortunately he didn't help his team to win, not even draw, as Real came back twice behind to win thanks to a last minute Zidane goal. But Benayoun once again played extremely well against Real. Last season he scored twice in two games against them and tonight he did it again, on a header too after 24 minutes (kind of funny to see him scoring a header - Mind you their defense also should be blamed for this :D). Apart from the header, Benayoun totally bossed Racing's midfield in the first half, gave the visiting defense a major headache, but Real found the equaliser after another short man scored a header, this time it was Owen. So 1:1 at halftime. In the second half once again Benayoun was in control and a great pass ended up in a goal by Guerrero. From there on both teams had some chances to score, but the final word was Real's, Raul and and Zidane scored and gave Real the win. I think Awatt was OK, he can't really be blamed for any of their goals but I can't say he played amazing either. Racing is a very naive team with a terrible defense and I hope Benayoun finds a better team soon because Racing is getting too close into relegation trouble. I guess they too understand they wouldn't be able to hold onto Yossi much longer, and with the rumours about Liverpool, Bolton and Tottenham after him (apparently some scouts were watching him tonight) we could see a development sooner then expected.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Man! :D

think of having such a chunky lead for that number of minutes on Real Mardd. Must have felt good :D

Dudu Awatt got a yellow? Is he out of form or something?

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
yeah the guy was a complete
force on the pitch, fast, smart and above
all he was a man with a mission out there.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Alter Ego said:
yeah the guy was a complete
force on the pitch, fast, smart and above
all he was a man with a mission out there.

as a La Liga fan....
do you think this man is Deportivo, Barca or Real Madrid material?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Great game by Benayoun. Probably one of the best of his career. Santander were also very good and a bit unlucky not to win. If scouts from England were at the game as reported Benayoun's price probably went up again. The only question remaining is if they can agree on a price and if Santander want to sell. Here is a report on the game in which Benayoun is mentioned several times:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=169734&cc=4716

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
The spanish press is only writing about Zidanes goal and the stunning performance (el mejor de Santander :) of Benayoun

This guy played unbelievably. I dont think that he will play at Santander next season or even after winter

·
Registered
73 Posts
Benayoun was the best palyer on the pitch in that game, he had great attacking great passing was his best game of the season so far.... anyone from israel and was watching the game you could hear the annoncer say that benayoun has scored in the last 3 games vs real madrid but they still didn't win the game... last year he made a goal and lost and in the other game they tied. It's like every israeli's player dream to score against such big teams.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kappa21 said:
as a La Liga fan....
do you think this man is Deportivo, Barca or Real Madrid material?
There's no doubt he could have a place in one of these teams (certainly Depor) but unfortunately when they have guys like Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldinho, Deco, etc. who are you gonna bench for him? Benayoun isn't a big name and isn't as good as Ronaldinho for example. Of course things can change in a season or two but right now I don't see him going to Real or Barca. What I do hope is that he doesn't go to Bolton, the rumours are getting stronger. Actually I am not sure he'll suit the English game either, I'd really like to see him in another Spanish team, something like Valencia (if they sold Aimar) could be nice...about Awatt's yellow card, he got it for wasting time.

Benayoun himself is one humble guy, he says he got 'lucky' to score 3 successive games against Real. :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Death_Viper said:
it feels like santander is holding him back he could do much better in another team (hopefully in the spanish primera)
From what his agent said on TV last night both of them would like to stay in Spain. He said that even an offer from one of the biggest English clubs would be turned down if they got a very good offer in Spain. I don't know if you can say they're holding him back, it's pretty common that a small team does its best to hold onto its most valuable players in order to get the best deal. Fact is Yossi has 2.5 years left in his contract and they will try to sell him before it runs out, question is if they're going to wait (and probably lose money) or do it as soon as the end of this season. I think Yossi will play in another team come next season. BTW, his current asking price is 4M Euro which sounds fair if you look on his skills compared to other players whose tag price is even higher.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Benayoun has a clause to leave Santander which is good. I think he is a prospoect and no one is holding him back.
Infact, he makes alot of goals and proves himself. Santanders defence is another worry and thats whats the problem. Its like in the NBA. Someone can make 45 points a night and still have a team that loses. The guy is incredible if he does that.....who cares for the team.

Benayoun just gotta play with the ball, score...asisst and get offers from Betis, Atl. Madrid, and so forth...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Kappa21 said:
Benayoun has a clause to leave Santander which is good. I think he is a prospoect and no one is holding him back.
Infact, he makes alot of goals and proves himself. Santanders defence is another worry and thats whats the problem. Its like in the NBA. Someone can make 45 points a night and still have a team that loses. The guy is incredible if he does that.....who cares for the team.

Benayoun just gotta play with the ball, score...asisst and get offers from Betis, Atl. Madrid, and so forth...
thats what I mean by holding him back... that he is doing the best he can and he shows it (just like he showed it vs Real madrid) in almost all the games he plays... but you can't expect benayoun to be on defence offance and everywhere at the same time so there is always bound to be a weak link in the team.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Death_Viper said:
thats what I mean by holding him back... that he is doing the best he can and he shows it (just like he showed it vs Real madrid) in almost all the games he plays... but you can't expect benayoun to be on defence offance and everywhere at the same time so there is always bound to be a weak link in the team.
Oh, OK. :) Well I agree with that. It's definitely true, if it wasn't for Santander's defensive character Benayoun would've produced more goals, assists, etc. The greatness of a player is to do all that even in bad conditions and that's exactly what he was doing against Real. Meanwhile the rumours about Bolton won't stop eventhough his agent says there was no call from Bolton, Liverpool or Arsenal (yes even they were 'linked' with Benayoun :D).

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Scouts for teams know when players do good and prove themselves and the team lags behind..THere not that stoopid :party:

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Raanan said:
There's no doubt he could have a place in one of these teams (certainly Depor) but unfortunately when they have guys like Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldinho, Deco, etc. who are you gonna bench for him? Benayoun isn't a big name and isn't as good as Ronaldinho for example. Of course things can change in a season or two but right now I don't see him going to Real or Barca. What I do hope is that he doesn't go to Bolton, the rumours are getting stronger. Actually I am not sure he'll suit the English game either, I'd really like to see him in another Spanish team, something like Valencia (if they sold Aimar) could be nice...about Awatt's yellow card, he got it for wasting time.

Benayoun himself is one humble guy, he says he got 'lucky' to score 3 successive games against Real. :)

well said, probably hes got a huge chance to become a regular at a a UEFA side team like atletico madrid or Seville who I think its on the making of becoming a big club in Spain, Barca and Madrid are a different story, you need more than talent to get in the starting eleven.

Bennayoun has a great furure and the tought of him replacing Aimar at Valencia is a posibility. Aimar s days at Mestalla are numbered.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Alter Ego said:
well said, probably hes got a huge chance to become a regular at a a UEFA side team like atletico madrid or Seville who I think its on the making of becoming a big club in Spain, Barca and Madrid are a different story, you need more than talent to get in the starting eleven.

Bennayoun has a great furure and the tought of him replacing Aimar at Valencia is a posibility. Aimar s days at Mestalla are numbered.

I agree that the best thing for Benayoun would be to go to a mid table club in Spain such as Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Betis,etc. If they are interested of course. That way he would have at least a chance to get quite a bit of playing time and maybe some European play in the UEFA Cup for example. BTW Alter Ego how is it that you list yourself as a Real Madrid supporter but the photos under your name are all of Barca?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Thats what i said Mideast Mirage :mad:

U took the words out of my mouth.......

He can do what Revivo did with Celta Vigo. Took a team that was a nobody into UEFA and went far and even beat Liverpool. Benayoun can easily do that, no problem.......Celta vigo was impressive..

He should go play for them :)
I like Cetrion on the jersey

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Kappa21 said:
.Celta vigo was impressive..

He should go play for them :)
I like Cetrion on the jersey

celta is playing segunda this year, he better stays at Racing then his agent should get him a UEFA club for next season, if Sevilla or Español get a champs league spot probably one of them.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Mideast Mirage said:
BTW Alter Ego how is it that you list yourself as a Real Madrid supporter but the photos under your name are all of Barca?
Probably 70% of Real M. supporters are using thi avatar, we lost a bet against Barca fans. Worse thing is that we got stick with this till Feb. :(

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
If Santander receives a really good offer in January than Benayoun leaves, if not he stays until the end of the season, they are surely going to need his talent if they don't want to be relegated. IMO is better for him to stay in Spain where the game fits to his style, but you never should refuse like that an offer from England. Many thought back then that Eyal Berkovic wouldn't be good for English football, but he poved wrong and in that time, English football was even more physical style.

Benayoun is also calling attention not only for his displays in Santander, but also he is the man that is taking Israel this far in the World Cup qualifyers. So this season he is really calling the attention of scouts and rumors will definitely be intresting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts