Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our beloved Captain, the Immense Paolo Maldini has been voted by the various Milan Clubs of Italia as the best Milan player of the 2002-2003 season. He finished first, ahead of Ringo Gattuso and Sandro Magno (Nesta). He was also awarded a bonus of 2000 Euros that he has given generously to the Milan Foundation charity. :star::proud:

Also, I've found extremely touching, moving and very true the comments of Il Vampiro Galliani that I'd like to share with the rest of you:

'Uno dei motivi per cui il Milan vince tanto è l'affezione dei giocatori verso i nostri colori, in primis del nostro capitano Paolo Maldini e del vice capitano Alessandro Costacurta. Questo modo di essere milanisti, con l'allenatore e il vice allenatore che sono stati prima grandi giocatori del Milan, così come l'allenatore della Primavera, è una cosa emozionante, che fa piacere e che porta risultati. Questa è la strada che seguiremo sempre finchè ci sarà Silvio Berlusconi Presidente ed io amministratore delegato'.

Translation

"One of the reasons for which Milan wins so much is because of the affection of their players towards our colours, first of all, our Captain Paolo Maldini and vice-Captain Alessandro Costacurta. This manner of being Milanisti, with the coach and the assistant coach being former great Milan players, just like the coach of the Primavera team, it's a very moving thing, that is pleasant and is bringing in results. This is the path that we have always followed and that we will always follow as long as Silvio Berlusconi will be president and I will be the vice president."

In other words, the Milan spirit, where human relationships, human ties come first before business and other material aspects. :thumbsup::proud:

FORZA SAN PAOLO!!!:heart::proud: :star:
FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!:star: :proud:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,486 Posts
I don't give a rats a$$ but SAN PAOLO MALDINI is IMO the best damn DEFENDER of all-time!!!

IMO he has surpassed Beckenbauer, Baresi, and Moore.

FORZA IL GRANDE CAPITANO aka SAN PAOLO MALDINI!!!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Just another thing added to San Paolo's record, nothing new. :)

It would be unfair to call Maldini the best defender ever, but he's definately up there with the best of them IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts