Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our win last night means the Catalan fuc*ers have to play the preeliminations to get into the CL!!! Yeeeeesssssss!!! This also means they can get a let's say DINAMO KIEV and they're outa there!!! yyyyeeeeessss! I am really gonna get drunk! ;)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
What do you mean going to get drunk, I think that you are :)
That would be cool though if Barce were knocked out in the preliminaries.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I'd much rather see AC Milan get eliminated in the preliminaries.... hehehehehe

...or Bayern, or ManU for that matter, but unfortunately, they'll both go through directly :(

!HALA MADRID!
!YA TENEMOS LA 8va! !Y OS TENEIS MIEDO!

D

·
0 Posts
I'm afraid I'm gonna burst your bubble here. :)

Actually even if Valencia had won, Barca would still have to go through the preliminary rounds. It's still good though that in theory it was our win that made Barca go through it. Imagine their pain if they meet an accident in the prelims and we go on to win La Novena!

[This message has been edited by dwMB (edited 25-05-2000).]

·
Registered
526 Posts
hmmm...everybody seems to be mistaken. Barça does NOT have to play the preliminaries. 1st and 2nd place teams in La Liga are in the CL group stages no matter what. Real Madrid is in the group stage due to winning the CL of course. Valencia is the only team that has to play the preliminary qualification. Sorry to burst your bubbles guys.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to tell you this Jaunele, but Barca do have to play the elims! Just like there cannot be 5 teams from one country, also 2 have to play automatically and 2 in the preelims! Of course the Champion will go thru and in this moment the defending champion. And that leaves onderful valencia in the preleims and you fuc*ers! :D hahahaha

·
Registered
526 Posts
And you can read about the format right here http://www.uefa.com/UCL/Index_Frame.asp?Filename=Format.asp

Or you can read this article from El Pais (pay special attention to the bold part)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR> El Zaragoza, a la UEFA

EL PAÍS, Madrid
Aunque concluyó cuarto en la Liga, el Zaragoza se quedó ayer apeado de la Liga de Campeones y deberá disputar la Copa de la UEFA la próxima temporada. Ésta fue la consecuencia de la victoria del Real Madrid frente al Valencia, ayer en la final de París.

Quinto en la Liga, el Madrid sólo podía acceder a la Liga de Campeones como campeón. Y lo fue. Entrará en la competición de forma directa y librándose de disputar la última eliminatoria de la fase preliminar, los días 9 y 23 de agosto. El Valencia, a pesar de ser finalista, será el único equipo español que deba jugarla.

El Deportivo y el Barcelona, primer y segundo clasificados, respectivamente en la Liga, entrarán directamente en la Liga de Campeones y se librarán de los partidos del verano.

El Zaragoza resultó el más perjudicado, tras haber realizado una excelente campaña en la Liga. Los aragoneses y el Alavés ocuparán las dos plazas españolas en la Copa de la UEFA, además del campeón de Copa. Mientras que el Celta y el Valladolid tendrán la posibilidad de disputar la Copa Intertoto
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you don't understand Spanish I will translate the bold part for you,

Deportivo and Barcelona, first and second classified respectively in the league, will enter directly into the Champions League and they will be free of games in the summer.

It says before that Valencia is the only Spanish club that has to play in the preliminary phase of the CL.

D

·
0 Posts
I see. I was mistaken then. We qualify as holders and that doesn't change the fact that the top two teams in La Liga do no have to pre-qualify. Oh well, at least another one of my hated teams, Zaragoza, are booted out of the CL. :)

P.S.
Since we have cleared this up, these are our challengers from the major leagues next season in our quest for the 9th.

Spain:
Deportivo
Barcelona
Valencia*

Italy:
Lazio
Juventus
AC Milan*
Inter*

Germany:
Bayern Munich
Bayer Leverkusen
Hamburg*
1860 Munich*

England:
Manchester United
Arsenal
Leeds*

Netherlands:
PSV Eindhoven
Herenveen
Feyenoord*

France:
Monaco
PSG
Lyon*

Portugal:
Sporting
Porto*

*needs to pre-qualify

I can't wait! :)

[This message has been edited by dwMB (edited 26-05-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking at that bunch of pathetic losers, I am even more confident we are gonna take #9! next year!!! HALA MADRID!!! :D :D :D It's gonna be a lot of fun, isn't it? playing as defending champions, at last the stupid polish television will brodcast games of Real Madrid, not those fukers from Manchester! HALA :D :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts